NEurope
Dante

Lost: The Final Season

Ok so the times online have some stuff on it:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article7135276.ece

annoyingly they seem to think

was purgatory...which I don't think at all...surely the island and everything that happened on it was real like I've said before the flashsideways actually existed at a undetermined point in the future...where they have all died. whereas they seem to think the whole lot was...

But — and please don’t read on if you haven’t seen it — despite the writers denying it in the past, that is exactly what the mystery of Lost turned out to be (or what I took it to be anyway: the debate will rage on). Some fans saw this as a cop out, but how else could the writers explain all that jumping back and forth through time, the parallel universes, resurrections, polar bears and killer black smoke? Yesterday’s ending was the only option left and it was handled brilliantly, as each of the castaways in their parallel lives came to remember their time on the island and realise that their alternative reality wasn’t a reality at all.

sigh the debate will rage on...

Ok so the times online have some stuff on it:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article7135276.ece

annoyingly they seem to think

was purgatory...which I don't think at all...surely the island and everything that happened on it was real like I've said before the flashsideways actually existed at a undetermined point in the future...whereas they seem to think the whole lot was...

sigh the debate will range on...

I dont even think its a debate, it was pretty clearly stated in the epsisode that:

Their time on the Island was so important to them all which is why they all met up in purgatory.

I dont even think its a debate, it was pretty clearly stated in the epsisode that:

Their time on the Island was so important to them all which is why they all met up in purgatory.

Indeed, yet everywhere I see people refusing to believe it ¬¬

Yeah I know Happenstance doesn't seem to have stopped people debating it though...weird how many key characters were missing, presumably because they didn't sign up for it but kinda makes the scene limp in a way.

One thing relating to the incident that is perhaps answered by the flash sideways reveal:

That the setting of the atom bomb in fact contributed to the incident and was always going to happen, as it didn't in anyway reset the timeline or alter anything...so Daniel was right all along you can't change history. Just purgatory for these people was a what if scenario that closely resembled what may have happened if the island was destroyed.

more reviews:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5417414/lost_series_finale_2010_reviews_just.html

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37308154/ns/today-entertainment/

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2010/05/lost-review-the-end/

Why is everyone moaning about the lack of Eko, when the other characters he was around with (eg Ana-Lucia, who appeared for about 30seconds) weren't included either? Even more annoying is, why no Michael? He was just as important / if not more so than Boone. I understand they couldn't use Walt due to the age thing, but not even any mention of Michael?

Edited by Gizmo

Why is everyone moaning about the lack of Eko, when the other characters he was around with (eg Ana-Lucia, who appeared for about 30seconds) weren't included either? Even more annoying is, why no Michael? He was just as important / if not more so than Boone. I understand they couldn't use Walt due to the age thing, but not even any mention of Michael?

Yeah that thought has crossed my mind especially since he appeared earlier in the series BUT isn't that why he didn't appear as being stuck on the island was his purgatory?!

They explained Michael a few episodes ago, saying his sould was stuck as a whisper on the island due to what he did

I always thought that Eko was one of the most overrated characters on TV. Yeah, he was a total badass and when he was all mysterious and spiritual for a while but do you remember how fucking dull his flashback story was?

And RE: whoever was complaining about people moaning about the ending - it's bound to happen, and it's fair enough, especially given the amount of people who were 'only watching to find out how it ends',

only to end one step up from 'it was all a dream'.

I kind of think I'd have preferred that ending if the island went down with Jack, and Hurley / Ben weren't in charge. Would have made the closing shot more poignant I think. Dunno.

Bonus rant: I know it's only TV values and all but the rocks / shakeycam were laughable.

It was me talking about the moaning and yeah of course i knew it would happen, I was just venting because they are being even more dickish that usual over it

Some good stuff from

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b182506_lost_redux_see_you_in_another_life.html

WHAT WE LEARNED

The Sideways World Was a Passage to "The Light": Charlie's (Dominic Monaghan) iconic question from the very first episode—"Guys, where are we?"—came full circle tonight, as Jack Shephard (Matthew Fox) asked that very Q of his father, Christian Shephard, in Lost's epic final scene.

Jack: Where are we?

Christian: This is a place you all made together so you could find one another...Nobody does it all alone. You needed them and they needed you.

Jack: For what?

Christian: To remember and to let go.

Obviously, precisely "where" these characters were going will be long debated, but for what it's worth, here's my take: Damon and Carlton told the truth when they said the Island was not purgatory. It wasn't, and what happened there happened, and everyone was alive.

However, the Sideways world was a postdeath place of limbo where Jack was waiting until he was ready to "let go" and cross over to the Light, which is basically Lost's form of heaven. The Losties who appeared in the church at the end all died at different times in different places (some much later on) but came together in that space to help Jack move on.

But it wasn't only about helping Jack. The Losties all gathered in the church to cross over to the Light because Jack saved that very Light when he rescued the Island. As we were told this season, if the Light "goes out here, it goes out everywhere" and "everyone you love would simply cease to be." If the Light had gone out, the Losties could never have reconnected with their loved ones again. But because Jack saved it, they all get to live blissfully ever after. The (brilliant) end.

And something you probably caught, but just in case: Throughout the season, the blood that appeared on Jack's neck was an indication that Jack was already dead/dying and on his way to "another life, brotha." (A little Sixth Sense-ish.)

So What Is Lost's "Heaven?" It's "Light"...and That Other "L Word": Lesbians! (I keed.) Boss Damon Lindelof told me several weeks back that Lost is, at its very core, a love story: "Always has been. Always will be." And tonight, as each set of Constants reconnected and moved toward the Light—Sun and Jin, Charlie and Claire, Jack and Kate, Juliet and Sawyer--we saw that heaven is, indeed, being with the one(s) you love. It made for some of the most spine-tingingly romantic scenes ever seen on television.

I always thought that Eko was one of the most overrated characters on TV. Yeah, he was a total badass and when he was all mysterious and spiritual for a while but do you remember how fucking dull his flashback story was?

Eko was a great character. From what I remember (and it was years ago now and I haven't seen it, or watched the catch-up episodes since) his back story was pretty good. The part of him being a child and having to shoot the man instead of his brother etc.

He was also one of the few really talented actors on it.

I don't know how to put this so I'll try my best. The one hour and forty-five minutes of the episode was just fantastic and answered some questions but then in the last ten minutes, raised some other questions and then the ending must be the most disappointing ending! I still don't really have a clue what happened. All I know is the church was some kind of purgatory but then there was Kate, Claire and Sawyer who escaped, does that mean they died? The ending totally baffled me! I'm gonna rate this in runtimes.

0h00m-1h 45m: 9.5/10

1h 45m-1h 50m: 7/10

1h 50m-2h 00m: 2/10

Overall, a brilliant episode and then the end happened...

What actually happened in the end? Was it all a dream or one of the other speculation shizzle?

What actually happened in the end? Was it all a dream or one of the other speculation shizzle?

The characters "created a place where they could all meet after they died" people are calling it purgatory, but I didn't get that impression from it. I saw it more as either some type of heaven or alternate universe or some shit. Although there was a light. But yeah it doesn't make sense that it was purgatory.

And that ending doesn't actually resolve anything from seasons 1-5 it resolves basically only stuff that was introduced in season 6. Don't waste your time on it. Or watch seasons 1-2 and then draw your own conclusions.

Or considering how a lot of people did like it, you could let people make their own minds up. Dont just tell people not to watch it ReZ.

Or considering how a lot of people did like it, you could let people make their own minds up. Dont just tell people not to watch it ReZ.

Its seems about 50/50 between people who liked the finale and didn't but certainly most people who watched LOST in general liked it.

I'd say if you care about plot then don't bother with it.

Its seems about 50/50 between people who liked the finale and didn't but certainly most people who watched LOST in general liked it.

I'd say if you care about plot then don't bother with it.

It is 50/50 as far as I know...

I've watched LOST from day one and I've been hooked on it. I've loved almost every single episode and I was sad yet excited to see it end because I thought it would explain everything after six or seven years of watching it but I didn't think it did really.

I thought the last episode was just fantastic but if they could have come up with a better five to fifteen minutes, it would have been magnificent and a great way to end such a fantastic show! I wanna see the alternative endings and my friend said they were in some interview on YouTube but I can't find it, does anybody know what he's talking about?

Edited by Animal