N-Europe

Pokémon Black & White

Serebii

Yeah?

But i have just been to GAME and bought Black and the Strategy Guide and the guy said you have to go in stores to get it.

But that's not what i thought?

It's an in store and wi-fi event.

Edited by Ike

Whoever it was that said battle animations were slower or whatever.. they were right.

Whenever you attack you see the message 'pokémon used tackle' or whatever, then there is a noticeable pause, then it does the attack. I always think I've missed or something in that second. It is only about 1 second which doesn't sound like much but it does seem like a pointless pause to me.

But that is my only criticism of the game so far. My team at the moment is Oshawott, Patrat, Lillipup and Purrloin. All at level 6/7. Played for about 1 hour so far.

Oh actually, one more criticism. In this game you have to hit X to bring the menu up so the touch screen is blank when you're just walking around. I don't think that was the case in Heart Gold, was it? I'm fairly sure the menu was always on the bottom screen... I suppose I'm just used to playing with the stylus out so it felt awkward, but now it's never out so even in battles or the menu I don't use the touch screen.

And I'd like if your pokémon followed you like in Heart Gold. Seems silly to remove that feature.

Despite only listing the negatives here, I am really enjoying the game. I like that the Pokémon centre and Pokémon mart have merged too.

Whoever it was that said battle animations were slower or whatever.. they were right.

Whenever you attack you see the message 'pokémon used tackle' or whatever, then there is a noticeable pause, then it does the attack. I always think I've missed or something in that second. It is only about 1 second which doesn't sound like much but it does seem like a pointless pause to me.

Yeah, is definitely slower. It's not just battles either, I'm sure I've noticed there's a slight delay when you get spotted by a trainer or encounter a random battle.

Oh actually, one more criticism. In this game you have to hit X to bring the menu up so the touch screen is blank when you're just walking around. I don't think that was the case in Heart Gold, was it? I'm fairly sure the menu was always on the bottom screen... I suppose I'm just used to playing with the stylus out so it felt awkward, but now it's never out so even in battles or the menu I don't use the touch screen.

It was in HG/SS, but the bottom screen is used for something else in B/W.

Okay, so I just found out the DS uses Ye Olde WEP security and I can't connect to my internet. Is there any way of fixing this?

Use a DSi :smile:

In other news, I started playing this and I'm having a great time. So much nostalgia when starting out in Pokémon games :love:

Change ur wifi security.

Thats what i had to do to get mine to connect.

....How? I can't remember how to get into my router setting...forgot the password.

...Yeah, I know. I'm lame. Also I don't want to compromise my whole wireless network for a DS game.

Its ok - i got the Liberty Pass eventually.

Tried it again and it still said nothing was available. Then did it again and it worked?

Weird!

I'm gonna disagree about battles being slower - i think they are quicker. If you notice when you select a move like Tackle for instance, the Pokemon will do its animation, and as it does it the health bar will move at the same time. In older games the animation would happen, the opposing Pokemon would take the hit, then the health bar would slowly drain. Now it all happens at the same time.

So it appears to me anyways.

I am absolutely loving my game so far. The usual being shown how to catch a Pokemon is slightly annoying considering it has been in every game, but i understand its for those new to the franchise.

My team so far is:

Level 14 Oshawott

Level 14 Pansear

I always train 3 Pokemon at a time until about the 4th / 5th gym. That way its much easier to keep them strong and level them all at the same time. I hate having one Pokemon at level 27 say, and another at level 19. But that's just me!

:grin:

....How? I can't remember how to get into my router setting...forgot the password.

...Yeah, I know. I'm lame. Also I don't want to compromise my whole wireless network for a DS game.

Try googling your router to see how you do it. I now how to do it with mine (a sky one) but i have no idea what you have got!

Most routers just have a default username and password.

I'm on BeBroadband.

Arg, I hate messing with my router. Something always goes wrong. Stupid crappy technology.

You could do it with MyWi, available through Cydia. It's $20 though and probably soon to be made obsolete by a native hotspot feature in iOS 4.3.

Has iOS 4.3 got tethering?

Cheers guys!! Fixed now. :D Now to Poke some mons.

Most routers just have a default username and password.

Done. Didn't know there was a default Username/Password. Thought it was something I had set and forgot ages ago. Thank you a mega load!

Right now my team is(at lv 14-17)

Roggenrola, Dewott, Herdier, Blitzle

The game is fun, but I'm not having fun with it. Feeling a bit depressed right now so I think I will put it down for a while. Life sucks.

On Route 3 I noticed some grass that moved and was a bit taller than the surrounding grass - what was that?

I like the game but I'm getting sick of all the Purrlion, Lillipup and Patrat. They're basically the only Pokémon appearing.

Right now I've cleared the first gym and my team is

Oshawott (11), Pansear (12), Lillipup (13), Patrat (12), Pidove (9) and Blitzle (9). I'm currently training Pidove and Blitzle to lvl 11 so they can be with the rest of the team.

On Route 3 I noticed some grass that moved and was a bit taller than the surrounding grass - what was that?

I like the game but I'm getting sick of all the Purrlion, Lillipup and Patrat. They're basically the only Pokémon appearing.

Right now I've cleared the first gym and my team is

Oshawott (11), Pansear (12), Lillipup (13), Patrat (12), Pidove (9) and Blitzle (9). I'm currently training Pidove and Blitzle to lvl 11 so they can be with the rest of the team.

The routes after Route 3 are much more varied. Trust me. Route 3 itself has lots more

When grass shakes, it's a special kind of bit which runs off of a different encounter table and has different Pokemon

Dark grass has higher levelled Pokemon and sometimes results in double battles

Also, the shaking grass is great for levelling up your pokemon. If you just run back and forth besides some grass eventually (doesn't take long) one square will start shaking and you'll have a chance of battling Audino. A level 10 Audino will give you about 500 exp when you defeat it!

I was doing this on route 3, took me about 10 mins (probably less) to level one of Pokemon from 15 to 20!

If you tap the touch screen the messages during battles scroll on instantly. As long as you're happy to do a lot of tapping, the battles are much faster than when you had to let the text scroll last Gen.