NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

I know its a different colour. *Collects knowledge from shiny Gyarados (spelling?) in Silver*

But does it actually do anything special or is it just incredibly rare?

But does it actually do anything special or is it just incredibly rare?

Taken from the Serebii:

Now you'd think with a Pokémon this rare, it has to have good Individual Values and such. That's no longer the case. Shiny Pokémon are always going to end up with the same odds of good stats as normal Pokémon. They used to have set IV's in the Metal generation, but not in this one.

Now the bad thing is that the odds of finding a shiny Pokémon in the wild are 1 in 8,192 battles...all the time, meaning after 8,191 battles it'll still be 1 in 8,192 and not a dead cert that you will get one i.e. not 1 in 1 battles. If you already have a shiny Pokémon and think you'll have a higher chance of getting another shiny if you breed with it, think again. It's still going to have the same odds.

I don't think I've had that many battles, but in my lifetime, excluding the Red Gyarados, I've encountered 2 shiny's. A Hoothoot in Gold and now this Mudkip.

I've legitimately captured:

A Shiny Oddish (I think its a gloom now)

A Shiny Geodude (I think I may have evolved it into a graveler, but I'm not sure)

A Shiny Raticate (Captured as rattata)

A Shiny Dragonight (Captured as Dratini)

I think that's all I have anyway.

I apologize if my spelling is a little off for some of the names.

Wow, now that's a stroke of luck, EevilMurray. I've only ever seen two shinies in the wild - a Graveler and a Bronzor - and I only managed to catch the latter (thanks to Graveler self-destructing).

I have a Shiny Gyarados from HGSS, a shiny Armaldo from Sapphire, a shiny Bellossom from Sapphire, a shiny Linoone from Diamond and a shiny Mankey from Diamond

I think I may have more :)

I have a Shiny Gyarados from HGSS, a shiny Armaldo from Sapphire, a shiny Bellossom from Sapphire, a shiny Linoone from Diamond and a shiny Mankey from Diamond

I think I may have more :)

Haven't you got a shiny Charmander you got from breeding, I'm sure I remember you posting that?

I got a shiny munchlax through breeding, waiting for HG/SS then I'm gonna use him in my team for that.

Oh yes, I completely forgot about that one and it's my fav lol. It's seen here with my HGSS character in Pallet Town

team.png

I've got pics of what may very well be the two first 5th gen Pokémon on the site

1.jpg2.jpg

Edited by Serebii

Hmmm, how about this: The starters will consists of a dark-, steel- and ghost type pokémon.

Or perhaps every type will be available:smile:

Anyway, the right pic surely looks like and evolution of the left one, I'd even say the third. They look dark typish to me.

Oh, I didn't post the details here did I?

First, the pre-evolution Pokémon is called Zorua (ゾロア) and is a Dark-type Pokémon. Its classification is Evil Fox Pokémon, it is 0.7m tall and 12.5kg

Secondly, the Pokémon in the sihlouette is said to be called Zoroark (ゾロアーク)and is also a Dark-type Pokémon. Its classification is Monster Fox Pokémon, it is 1.6m tall and 81.1kg

Confirmed as real

big.jpgbig2.jpg

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Your second pictures there, make the evolved form look better. But the pre-evolved just doesn't look exciting. For some reason it reminds me a lot like Shinx, first form looks terrible but could become something awesome.

Wow, now that's a stroke of luck, EevilMurray. I've only ever seen two shinies in the wild - a Graveler and a Bronzor - and I only managed to catch the latter (thanks to Graveler self-destructing).
Shiny Gravellers are such asses aren't they? One I found used Explosion.

Only shiny I have is Carvanha, it is sweeeet. :grin:

These new Pokemon look ace! Particularly the evovled form. I've been waiting for new Pokemon for so long I can't believe this is happening.

/emotional.

:p

Only shiny I have is Carvanha, it is sweeeet. :grin:

These new Pokemon look ace! Particularly the evovled form. I've been waiting for new Pokemon for so long I can't believe this is happening.

/emotional.

:p

Almost 6 years since we got our first 4th gen Pokémon...that's a pretty significant gap

Well it's 6 years since Munchlax, but we got our last 4th gen officially last year, but it's been almost 3 and a half years since we got them all

Oh, I didn't post the details here did I?

First, the pre-evolution Pokémon is called Zorua (ゾロア) and is a Dark-type Pokémon. Its classification is Evil Fox Pokémon, it is 0.7m tall and 12.5kg

Secondly, the Pokémon in the sihlouette is said to be called Zoroark (ゾロアーク)and is also a Dark-type Pokémon. Its classification is Monster Fox Pokémon, it is 1.6m tall and 81.1kg

Confirmed as real

Does it then evolve into the Boring Slut Pokémon Megan Fox?

About time we got more Dark types. I like the designs.

As for shinies; I have a Shiny Dodou which was the first Dodou I found from a swarm in Diamond. A shiny Graveller (caught) a shiny Charmander (bred) and something else I think.

I saw a Shiny Gastly in Fire Red but I ran out of Pokeballs :(

I love Foxes and darkness and the colour red and the colour black so I love.

Spin me faster, like a Collide-O-Skoep.

I like both of these designs too - like Paj said, the red and black go great together. Shame it'll still probably be over a year until we actually get to play a game with them in.