NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

Status moves can turn the tide of battle. Can increase evasion, add to your defence or make you a massive killing machine. They can also afflict status conditions like Burn which hinder your foes considerably

http://www.serebii.net/games/stats.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/games/status.shtml

Umm yeah I know... Jus' sayin' when I was younger Tail Whip wasnt the first move of choice, and not fantastic to look at.....

Status defects paid a part in my competitive team.

"Adults"? Where did you get that from? Is Kekkaishi aimed at adults now? The World God Only Knows, too? And Detective Conan?

Let's just stick to the "older target audience", although that's not necessarily true, either.

Let's talk teams then guys

My Jp. Black in-game team;

503.png586-w.png514.png521-f.png494.png565.png

My Jp. White in-game team;

497.png571.png596.png567.png637.png612.png

Not sure what to use for my EU playthrough, but starting with Tepig

I'm starting with Teh Pig too. Definitely training up garbage bag, and possible turtle fossil you've got there.

OH. Ha. And OBVIOUSLY Sazandora. Mufuckers. :D

I have some game vouchers to spend, told my girlfriend I was going to buy new pokemon. She gave me such a look of disgust :(

She won't stop me though! :geek::bouncy: Shame I won't be getting Zoroark since I don't have the legendary dogs :(

I have some game vouchers to spend, told my girlfriend I was going to buy new pokemon. She gave me such a look of disgust :(

She won't stop me though! :geek::bouncy: Shame I won't be getting Zoroark since I don't have the legendary dogs :(

Good thing the dogs are WiFi from Feb 7th for all Gen IV games ;)

Oh man, totally starting with Tepig. I have demanded boyfriend choses Snivy (almost wrote smugleaf).

:) cant wait for the legendary dogs! Just to look at though....i never use legendarys

Really not sure what my team will be for this playthrough...want to use something completely different each time

Good thing the dogs are WiFi from Feb 7th for all Gen IV games ;)

I do not have those games, nor wifi! That's the point unfortunately sorry :p

It's good people use a variety of teams. I remember once completing Reb/Blue with a team of Venusaur, Farfetch'd, Fearow, Onix, Beedrill and Raichu.

Damn, that shit was hard. Really hard.

Am thinking of using Cofagrigus...it's a very slow Pokémon but it's beastly

I'm even trying to avoid using the same types. Before HGSS, I always had the same types (heck, I did in HGSS too really except I used Murkrow into Honchkrow); Fire, Electric, Water, sometimes Grass, sometimes Ground, Flying & Psychic

I went down that road with Jp Black, but with White, I went down it with a twist. I use Bug-types now. Bug-types are cool.

This time, I really want to get out there. I never use Ghosts so Cofagrigus is a prime choice. Was thinking of using Waruvial but I have used Dark a lot recently.

That said, so many of the Pokémon I've thought about using have terrible speed due to the metagame shift

Edited by Serebii

Really not sure what my team will be for this playthrough...want to use something completely different each time

in my opinion its hard to not carry on with the first few pokemon i obtain. For example the first bird, be it pidgy to starly, ends up being my flying type >_< my starter never leaves the team either

in my opinion its hard to not carry on with the first few pokemon i obtain. For example the first bird, be it pidgy to starly, ends up being my flying type >_< my starter never leaves the team either

Well, for me, as I've played through twice, I may send some eggs over. I did that for Japanese White as I really wanted to use Ulgamoth, so I sent over my Meraruba Egg from Black

I use Bug-types now. Bug-types are cool.

that statement is so full of win. <3

Yeah I understand what you are saying, I normally have the same types in my team, usually for convienience, :) think il venture out abit more this time and use a better vareity of types, never really had a bug 'mon in my team...

Thankfully, GameFREAK agree and there are loads of decent Bugs, Ghosts, Fighting and so forth

About the legendary dogs-event; do you get all three of them, or do you have to choose one?

"Adults"? Where did you get that from? Is Kekkaishi aimed at adults now? The World God Only Knows, too? And Detective Conan?

Let's just stick to the "older target audience", although that's not necessarily true, either.

The very Western (gaming) definition of "adult".

Really hope there are some decent Water Pokemon this time round. They've been severely under-represented in all the previous generations IMHO.

About the legendary dogs-event; do you get all three of them, or do you have to choose one?

Raikou: February 7th 2011 to February 13th 2011

Entei: February 14th 2011 to February 20th 2011

Suicune: February 21st 2011 to February 27th 2011

Really hope there are some decent Water Pokemon this time round. They've been severely under-represented in all the previous generations IMHO.

Very good. There aren't actually that many though

Serebii's super list of Gen V waters;

501.png502.png503.png

515.png516.png

535.png536.png537.png

550.png550-b.png (Alt Forms)

564.png565.png

580.png581.png

592.png593.png

594.png

Plus the event legend;

647.png

That's 17 out of 156, that's 11%. Compared to the 25%+ of most other region dexes, it's amazing.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

I use Bug-types now. Bug-types are cool.

Heracross and Scizor showed early on that Bug types are not just cool but awesome. Both of those if done right are brilliant additions to any team.

Haven't decided when/if I'll be picking this up. I seem to get the desire to play Pokemon when a new game comes out but after a month or so, I just couldn't care less and barely touch the games after that point. Nothing seems to get me back into them so I'm undecided whether I should bother spending the £35 to pick up a copy of this or not, although I suppose having to use an entirely new set of Pokemon before I can use any of the previous generations does seem a little interesting.

Will say though, that Water event legend you posted Serebii looks so meh.

Ah, but the backstory about it isn't meh

Kerudio is an orphan having lost its family due to a massive fire and was raised by Cobalon, Terrakion & Virizion. This story parallels and alludes to the story of D'Artagnan and the three musketeers. They're all part fighting type; Cobalon being Steel/Fighting, Terrakion being Rock/Fighting and Virizion being Grass/Fighting while Kerudio is Water/Fighting;

638.png639.png640.png647.png

The backstory of these Pokémon gets even more interesting as they fought humans to protect other Pokémon

Edited by Serebii

Raikou: February 7th 2011 to February 13th 2011

Entei: February 14th 2011 to February 20th 2011

Suicune: February 21st 2011 to February 27th 2011

Not quite what I meant. But I think the answer is yes, in one game you can get all three dogs and not just one of them.

Cool, just got my DS online again. I have moved and got a new wireless router with WPA-security, which the DS does not support. Just had to dig my old LAN-cable forth and set my computer up as a router and now it works so I may receive the dogs. Yay!

Not quite what I meant. But I think the answer is yes, in one game you can get all three dogs and not just one of them.

Cool, just got my DS online again. I have moved and got a new wireless router with WPA-security, which the DS does not support. Just had to dig my old LAN-cable forth and set my computer up as a router and now it works so I may receive the dogs. Yay!

Yeah, you can get all of them in one game.