N-Europe

Pokémon Black & White

Serebii

SNAP 2 MUST HAPPEN OR I'LL SNAP YOUUUUUU!

Or something.

But seriously. Click click quick quick!

Wait! Augmented Reality Snap 2. You go around with your 3DS in the REAL WORLD and snap pictures of Pokémon that pop up.

That would be amazing.

Or something.

Wait! Augmented Reality Snap 2. You go around with your 3DS in the REAL WORLD and snap pictures of Pokémon that pop up.

That would be amazing.

That would also be rubbish :p

Yes, a proper new Stadium please...Stadium 2 was awesome.

Btw Serebii, how's the music in B&W? Don't know how much attention you pay to game music in general, but have you noticed any difference for good or worse here? How'd you rank the music in relation to the games of the previous generations?

Yes, a proper new Stadium please...Stadium 2 was awesome.

Btw Serebii, how's the music in B&W? Don't know how much attention you pay to game music in general, but have you noticed any difference for good or worse here? How'd you rank the music in relation to the games of the previous generations?

It's more epic. There's also the lovely bit of it getting additions to the beat/tune when you're near certain characters who happen to play certain instruments. It also changes depending on season

Pokémon_Dash_Cover.jpg

Would be much worse than that

Or something.

Fucking right. I got Snap on Virtual Console and my girlfriend and I spent the day pimpsmacking it into gear. Great fun. Would benefit nicely from the motion controls.

EDIT: Just watched that first 6 mins video. I can feel the pace of battles is going to be slower than before.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Worse than a game which only asked you to run the stylus up and down the screen for the whole fucking game?

Dash was AMAZING

Fucking right. I got Snap on Virtual Console and my girlfriend and I spent the day pimpsmacking it into gear. Great fun. Would benefit nicely from the motion controls.

EDIT: Just watched that first 6 mins video. I can feel the pace of battles is going to be slower than before.

On the contrary. The pace of battles is much faster than ever before

On the contrary. The pace of battles is much faster than ever before

Really? Seems to take a while zooming in on the emerging Pokémon, then after selecting attack it zooms in on the target and the attack animation begins. Then zooms out for the opponent to attack and it zooms on yours etc.

You could beat the Elite Four on Blue in quicker time.

Really? Seems to take a while zooming in on the emerging Pokémon, then after selecting attack it zooms in on the target and the attack animation begins. Then zooms out for the opponent to attack and it zooms on yours etc.

You could beat the Elite Four on Blue in quicker time.

It's all really fast. It doesn't take long at all. They run MUCH faster than the Gen IV and Gen III games

It's all really fast. It doesn't take long at all. They run MUCH faster than the Gen IV and Gen III games

Perhaps, to have a quick check I tried a battle on Heart Gold. The B/W battle lasted around 1.10, having 4 moves each. In the same time against Will each side managed around 2-3 each, and included in that time was with the time it took for a level 55 'mons health to run out and three Pokémon replaced.

I thought the levelling was unfair, so decided to boot up Platinum and try lower level 'mon. In around 1.03 each Pokémon had performed around 5-6 moves each, two of which were Growls. This was between a Lv. 4 Starly and a Lv. 2 Bidoof.

You clearly know nothing about Pokémon :heh:

Seriously though, Snap 2 would be amazing. However, Augmented Reality Snap would be god awful.

Perhaps, to have a quick check I tried a battle on Heart Gold. The B/W battle lasted around 1.10, having 4 moves each. In the same time against Will each side managed around 2-3 each, and included in that time was with the time it took for a level 55 'mons health to run out and three Pokémon replaced.

I thought the levelling was unfair, so decided to boot up Platinum and try lower level 'mon. In around 1.03 each Pokémon had performed around 5-6 moves each, two of which were Growls. This was between a Lv. 4 Starly and a Lv. 2 Bidoof.

When you get into the other moves, you'll see that they run faster

Seriously though, Snap 2 would be amazing. However, Augmented Reality Snap would be god awful.

Hmm I dont know.......maybe. Again here I want to qoute how AMAZING Invizamals is, but thats battling and im not sure how snap would work in such an interesting way.

I have dreams about snap 2.....and every conference like e3 I call it to my friends ^_^

When you get into the other moves, you'll see that they run faster

So they were using the older, slower animated moves?

Either way it's pretty much irrelevant. The zooming in and out adds an extra amount of time on the battle. Now multiply that by all the wild Pokémon/Trainer/Gym battles* you'll do = a shitload of pointless time on top.

*minus the time these new moves will take since they're apparently super fast, even with the bullshit zooming.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Regarding the new events as I read on your website Serebii...

What I dont like, is how the GAME stores here dont have wifi distribution equiptment. Well mine doesnt cause I asked. So we either wait for genral wifi event, or forced to travel stupid distance =/ Every time I hear of an upcoming event it is concerning for me cause as you can tell by my pictures, I MUST HAVE THE EVENT POKEMON Q_Q

But then its the arguement that the super rares become to easily available, like if Celebii gets distributed on genral wifi here in the uk, then its really not so special to own one.

Like it was pretty awesome I have legit Jirachi's from Pokemon Channel but now its not so impressive =/

The Arceus event last year was pretty cool, there was this guy giving out other event pokemon from a hacked cartridge, but I dont agree with that and didnt want to be caught on the legality checker when I went to the UK qualifier. But having about 20 of us sitting on the shop floor in Plymouth was pretty cool :) and being recognised by staff cause they had been to taunton store lol.

Regarding the new events as I read on your website Serebii...

What I dont like, is how the GAME stores here dont have wifi distribution equiptment. Well mine doesnt cause I asked. So we either wait for genral wifi event, or forced to travel stupid distance =/ Every time I hear of an upcoming event it is concerning for me cause as you can tell by my pictures, I MUST HAVE THE EVENT POKEMON Q_Q

But then its the arguement that the super rares become to easily available, like if Celebii gets distributed on genral wifi here in the uk, then its really not so special to own one.

Like it was pretty awesome I have legit Jirachi's from Pokemon Channel but now its not so impressive =/

The Arceus event last year was pretty cool, there was this guy giving out other event pokemon from a hacked cartridge, but I dont agree with that and didnt want to be caught on the legality checker when I went to the UK qualifier. But having about 20 of us sitting on the shop floor in Plymouth was pretty cool :) and being recognised by staff cause they had been to taunton store lol.

Well, the thing with distribution nowadays is that they don't need anything special. They get sent a distribution cart which they can plug into any DS which then sends the wireless signal out for the games to pick up.

I have heard that we ARE getting it though

Oh, and incidentally, it seems that pre-orders of Black & White are reaching 4 million in the US. A friend of mine at GAME in Bournemouth also says that they are receiving buttloads of pre-orders there (she's also pimping out my site with it, god bless her)

Our friends at the Official Nintendo Magazine of UK has posted footage of the first Gym Battle in the english games which add a few confirmations of names. First is a Pokémon name; Lillipup (in Japan; Yooterii). However, notably they have confirmed the Gym Leaders of the first City as well as the name, Sanyou City is now known as Striaton City. The Gym Leaders vary based on your starter and are as follows; Clian is already revealed due to the anime. Poddo will be known in English as Chili and Koon will be known in English as Cress and the badge you get in Striation City is the Trio Badge. Finally, it confirmed that the move Cheer Up is now Work Up.