NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

You can picture it now...

Inmate #1: So what are you in for?

Frightened Inmate #2: Posting pictures of Pokémon online...

A new WiFi event has been announced for Black & White. This WiFi event ties in with a special Pokémon Mystery Egg event which ties in with the anime on December 9th and the card game. From December 17th 2010 to January 11th 2011, you will be able to get an Egg off the Nintendo WiFi Connection's Mystery Gift. The Egg will hatch into one of three Pokémon and the Pokémon is random. You can only get one per game. We'll bring details on the Pokémon within the eggs as soon as we can.

Nintendo have today announced the official names for the starter Pokémon in Black & White. These three Pokémon are the ones with which you will be starting your game and follow the same Grass/Fire/Water cycle as before. The names are as follows. First, the Grass-type starter Tsutarja shall henceforth be known as Snivy which is a portmanteau of the words "Snake" & "Ivy". The Fire-type Pig Pokémon, Pokabu, is to be known in English language countries as Tepig which is a play on the word "Tepid" bringing "Pig" into the fold and finally the Water-type sea otter, Mijumaru, is to be called Oshawott, the full meaning of which we are trying to determine but it does include a derivation of otter. The region of Isshu has also been named as the Unova Region. The entire site has been updated to reflect this announcement or click the names to go to their Pokédex entries to see their stats as well as their evolutions

In addition to this, the abilities and classifications for Reshiram & Zekrom have been revealed. Reshiram is the Vast White Pokémon with Turboblaze while Zekrom is the Deep Black Pokémon and has the ability Teravolt

They clearly had an isshu with the region name

I don't know, I've read a few different reasons for why they changed it so it's not exactly black and white.

They clearly had an isshu with the region name

I don't know, I've read a few different reasons for why they changed it so it's not exactly black and white.

There's nothing quite like the new region name though, it's Unova kind...

First day of Winter in Unova today. Loads of new areas and Pokémon are now available.

Well, I say loads, I mean 4 of each

The seasonal aspect to the game reminds me of Animal Crossing, shame it'll be a while before we see winter in the English version. Also.

gary_2.jpg

2 of the greatest things in existence come together...

Boobies & Pokemon

In today's delightfully shameless Pokemon non-news, crafty blogger szmoon has created a tribute to the most iconic Pokemon item of all time – out of her own unmentionables. To create the look, she used fabric markers on a white bra. A brilliant idea, yes?

pokebra--article_image.jpg

Why stop at regular Poke Balls, though? Wouldn't most boobs enjoy Master Ball status? There are 26 types of Poke Balls in the main Pokemon series, and all we need is a set of fabric markers and a heap of bras. Who wants to make this happen?

2 of the greatest things in existence come together...

Boobies & Pokemon

Close, but it's Sex & Pokemon.

Although a product aiming to have them both may be on the slightly disturbing side. And possible already done.

The latest WiFi Event for Pokémon Black & White is now active. This event, which has been shrouded in mystery, will give you an egg containing one of three different Pokémon. These Pokémon are Mamepato, Kibago & Yanappu, based on the Pokémon of Ash, Iris & Dento respectively. These Pokémon have set natures and stats, each of them having maximum values in one stat. Their attacks are also based upon the attacks the Pokémon know in the anime. This event runs until January 11th 2011 so get your Egg while you still can

With thanks to Shadaer for sending this in, various retail stores have begun receiving display boxes for Pokémon Black & White. These boxes match the Japanese box and as such shows a Triple Battle. This Triple Battle has given us the names of three of the Pokémon, the elemental monkeys. The US name for Yanappu is Pansage. The US name for Baoppu is Pansear and finally, the US name for Hiyappu is Panpour. We'll bring more names as they come, and expect the official site to update with these soon.

511.png513.png515.png

Sage/Sear/Pour, more clever elemental references! When will Game Freak run out of these? :heh:

US release for Pokémon Black & White; March 6th 2011

I'll probably import that then. :bouncy:

It's a DSi Enhanced game though so it'll not work on European DSi's or 3DS'

Ah sheeeeeeeeeeeeet. Then I won't be importing. Hopefully our release isn't too far after, they've been getting better recently.

In addition to this, the official website has updated with two new Pokémon names. First is Minccino (in Japan; Chillarmy) and second is Gigalith (in Japan; Gigaiath). In addition to this, there is also Sandile (in Japan; Meguroco), Blitzle (in Japan; Shimama), Pidove (in Japan; Mamepato), Klink (in Japan; Gear) & Darmanitan (in Japan; Hihidaruma). Munna keeps its Japanese name.

It also revealed the name of several abiltiies; Encourage is now Sheer Force, Overconfidence is now Moxie, Pigeon Heart is now Big Pecks

It also confirmed that Professor Araragi is Professor Juniper and Hiun City is Castelia City

572.png526.png551.png522.png519.png599.png555.png555-d.png517.png

Taking a stab at an EU release date, I'd guess either 18th or 25th of March as the gap between the US and EU getting the last few pokemon games has shrunk quite a lot, with HeartGold/SoulSilver coming out within a week and a half or so. It's going to be launching very close to the 3DS but I doubt that'll have that much impact on these games given the brand.

But it does make you wonder, do you think NoE will hold the 3DS until April to give these games so time on the shelves and a last lease of life for the DS, even though they can be played on the 3DS?