N-Europe

The Last Story (24th February)

killer kirby

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

While NoA is prepping Xenoblade for the gamers across the pond, NoE has dished out a release for us Europeans for The Last Story.

The Last Story launches in Europe on 24th February 2012, Nintendo has announced.

The Wii-exclusive role-playing game is the work of Hironobu Sakaguchi, the creator of the Final Fantasy series, and his Mistwalker development studio.

It features a lengthy single-player campaign as well as online multiplayer options, including deathmatch, team deathmatch and co-op. You can play against or alongside up to five other players from across Europe using your customised character from the single-player game.

• 4 weeks later...

I see this is listed on amazon for just £29.99. Also GoNintendo have spotted a steelbook edition.

As North American ushers in Xenoblade Chronicles, Europe is looking forward to The Last Story. How is the game getting on across the pond? Amazon UK shows the game as hitting the top 10 of "Hot Future Releases". Looks like the title is getting noticed!

Something else that was noticed is a listing via online retailer for a 'Steelbook Edition' of the game. The information below is all that we know on this edition so far.

- game comes in regular case

- a 7 track soundtrack CD

- mini artbook

- steelbook itself

Anywhere actually selling the special edition yet?

I am keen to get my order for the game down, but I would like to know the price for the SE before I commit either way.

Having read the preview in the latest Nintendo Gamer (NGamer) I am bery hyped for this. :bouncy:

£60 was the RRP I think, it'll probably be £50 online.

Sounds a bit expensive for a CD artbook and steelbook mind. Xenoblade got away with it because it was a controller.

Edited by Ike

What a nice surprise it was to see this today... this being the Limited Edition of the game... I was hoping for something like that, although initially I saw the box and thought... another controller??? Nunchuck?????? haha so I'm glad it's CD and Book, although yeah... would be nice if it retailed at £40 since most are selling Standard for £30 but who cares... I am gagging for this game... just about to complete Xenoblade ;) Great timing.

I hate those annoying "sampler" soundtrack CDs. So pointless.

I would've gotten the Limited Edition if they offered the full OST, but as it is. No dice (it's not like they're ever going to sell the OST outside of Japan anyway, so why not just include it?)

I hate those annoying "sampler" soundtrack CDs. So pointless.

I would've gotten the Limited Edition if they offered the full OST, but as it is. No dice (it's not like they're ever going to sell the OST outside of Japan anyway, so why not just include it?)

I have to admit... Bit shocked with the Xenoblade soundtrack Nintendo offered for download... Really short... A full soundtrack would be nice... Especially if the price of the limited is quite a bit higher.

Man, I still can't find any shops offering the limited edition yet. Got my pre-order down for the regular version but I'll definitely change that for the limited edition if it ever becomes available.

I seem to remember the same thing for Xenoblade Chronicles... but this is leaving it a little late >_>