Haden

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coca-cola-championship.jpg

Eight Single Teams

DuDs Baggies 3-2 Soap Box Utd

The Baggies fought hard for a great victory against high flying Utd. The Baggies played 3-5-2 against Utd's attacking 3-4-3. Forsyth assisted by Guara put the Baggies ahead early with a close range shot that went through the goalies legs. Utd struck back as Persijn headed the ball powerfully into the back of the net after a quick Broerse cross. The young Utd striker Rainford scored on the break after half time to put Utd into the lead. However the Baggies with their numbers advantage in midfield began to grind away at the Utd defense. Bradding seeing the Utd goalie off line curled one over his head for his first goal of the season making it 2-2. Just minutes later Guara popped up again heading the ball in off the post to give the Baggies a dramatic win. Both the Baggies and Utd's defense was bad in comparison to their attacks but it was Baggies on form and heavily manned midfield that won the day.

Soap Box Utd 2-2 DuDs Baggies

The rematch of these two sides was nearly as high scoring and just as dramatic. They both kept the same formations but this time it was Utd that took the lead with a Persijn header thumping into the back of the net. Again the Baggies created more overall changes and in the 2nd half it showed, young midfielder Lyall had a magnificent game. He set up two goals via darting runs with pin point crosses, one for Forsyth the other for Shelton. The Baggies looked to be on the verge of a historic double against Utd until Muiren rose above the crowds in injury time to salvage a point for Utd with a well placed header. His 25th goal for the club and a crucial one. Baggies resurrection in this league has been helped no end with this double. While they will be gutted not to gain 6 points 4 is still a great result. For Soap Box a chance to really push for promotion and kill off another teams chances of doing so has been missed.

Madpool 3-1 Dysonism F.C

Madpool chalked up a substantial win over fellow championship rivals Dysonism in the first of their double games. In an ill tempered opening period of play Dysonism picked up 2 yellow cards then gave away a penalty. Quintal converted it with ease and put Madpool into the lead. Immediately Bakabood hit back for Dysonism with a great Sandford assist. However moments later Dysonism lost key defender Lukiewicz who had to be subbed with a junior player. This counted against them as Madpool pushed forward after the break. Hadley was on great form after the break, scoring a long shot moments after the restart. Then assisting Book who scored a close range shot on 70 minutes. Dysonism will feel unlucky as their attack looked very dangerous at times but Madpool took advantage of injuries and took the win with ease in the end.

Dysonism F.C 3-3 Madpool

Dysonism and Madpool took part in a thrilling match as Madpool secured a thrilling draw against Dysonism. Madpool played 4-4-2 but looked very threatening in the opening few minutes. In fact they scored twice in the first 10 minutes! Hadley threaded a ball through that Quintal latched onto and sliced in past the goalie. Quintal then stepped up and delivered a wonderful free kick for Carey to volley in. Dysonism seemed in crisis but pulled a crucial goal back before the break when Boland struck in a close range shot. Playing 3-5-2 Dysonism made more chances and converted two more in the 2nd half. Twigg headed in the equalizer then set up Boland for his 2nd as he hit home a screamer on 80 minutes. Dysonism fans chanted insults at Madpool fans but were soon silenced. Hiles took the ball past two players and thumped it past the goalie to score his first goal of the season. A thrilling draw that sees Madpool gain the advantage over their championship rivals and inflict their first loss onto them.

Recall United 3-1 Emo Blades

Recall United started their tough double off with a impressive victory over Blades who are still struggling with away form. Both teams played 4-4-2 but it was Uniteds midfield that seemed more impressive. Streep lobbed a ball into McCartney who held the ball for a second then hit it in the corner to make it 1-0 to United. However veteran defender Berenger slammed home a free kick to make it 1-1 minutes later. But United seemed to have finally found a flow to their game. They scored via two breakaways the first Deacon found his way past his marker and passed the ball into the corner of the net. Streep then set up another goal hitting a perfectly weighted through ball that Baddeley attached himself to and took past the goalie. United can be well pleased with this win, they had 9 chances to 4 and the Blades looked out of ideas.

Emo Blades 2-1 Recall United

The Blades and United were the only teams to swap home wins as the Blades won in a more easy manner than the scoreline suggests. The Blades scored the quickest league goal yet in under a minute as Heimdal finding himself with possession decided to unleash a long shot that pinged in off the post! 10 minutes later Zeca made it 2-0 as he lost his marker and side footed a ball past the United goalie. United fought back and in the 21st minute McCartney assisted by Whiteside blasted the ball past a helpless Blades goalie. The game ended with 3 chances each and things looked tense heading into the 2nd half. However after a yellow card worthy tackle United midfielder Zemaj was given a red for arguing with the referee. A utterly immature move by the young midfielder his manager looked furious. United had no more chances as the Blades closed the game off. The only downside was the goalscorer Heimdal picking up a nasty injury. A good result for United on balance but they could have had so much more and boy do they need more!

Jaffa Munchers 0-0 Tin Can Club

The Munchers ended a bad losing streak with a dramatic but frustrating home draw against Tin Can Club. Munchers played 5-4-1 but looked unable to find that finishing blow needed to score any goals, as McAnuff became isolated up front. Tin Can Club also seemed to lack real firepower against the Munchers 5 man defense. The game was a bad tempered one with two injuries and 5 yellow cards with 2 of them being for Viveiros who was sent off for two bad tackles. The Munchers dominated possession but it was to no avail their tactics seemed skewered. They badly needed a win but Tin Can Club came out with the better result.

Tin Can Club 2-0 Jaffa Munchers

Sensing their poor attack from the first game the Munchers switched to 4-4-2 but the strategy backfired as Tin Can Club took the win. With their own defense looking good Tin Can Club pushed forward and the Munchers gave away a penalty after 15 minutes. Unnarsson made no mistakes and fooled the goalie into diving the wrong way. Munchers lack of discipline cost them again as defender Elias was booked again for reckless play and sent off in the 2nd half. The winning goal soon followed Einersen headed a looping ball home. Tin Can Club end a bad run themselves and this double will be satisfactory to them. The Munchers got their tactics wrong twice and had discipline issues, they will not be happy with this double.

Analysis Week 1

Most Important Result: Madpool 3-1 Dysonism F.C, first loss for Dysonism, Madpool look like real promotion hunters with this result.

Turned on the Style Award: Recall United, have struggled to get things right this season, but did so with style in their first double game.

Player of the Day: Oswald Streep, Recall United, created two chances and was a key player in a free flowing United side.

Analysis Week 2

Most Important Result: Tin Can Club 2-0 Jaffa Munchers, Tin Can Club keep out of trouble with a key victory.

Turned on the Style Award: Dysonism F.C, didn't win but played a really stylish game with 8 chances and 3 goals.

Player of the Day: Margrott Lyall, DuDs Baggies, with two assists helped his team get a great draw.

I've just been offered a youth defender 16 / 4 with free kick ability :D i thought all my youths had been shit recently.

Only thing is I've got to off-load someone to make room for him. I think this could be the end for Hamilton Gilchrist :(

Set my suicide tactics for tomorrow. If I wake up in time, and if my internet allows it, I'll probably fuck about with them again. Quite a lot of my team are 100% experienced already, but a couple of midfielders are struggling with 40% so I'll not be fielding a full-strength team all season.

Expecting a thrashing.

I've just been offered a youth defender 16 / 4 with free kick ability :D i thought all my youths had been shit recently.

Only thing is I've got to off-load someone to make room for him. I think this could be the end for Hamilton Gilchrist :(

Wow, how much is he worth then?

Finally, my first win in seven matches.

Think I'm going to drop down to 7th again on Tuesday though, Edd Kirby and Ten plus win have Discount and Domstercool while I got Cubic County.

And my best keeper(who I didn't use today) has dropped down to two in form >_> Thought not letting him play would change the trend, luckily his training is finished by Tuesday so hopefully he has improved a little bit by then.

Mark the guy you think is going to be their playmaker or the person with most assists.

This, but if they only have one decent forward I'd think about marking them too.

BSO are out of the relos, but my position is seriously tenuous.

I'm not sure how much he's worth yet; I've put Gilchrist up for sale to make space for him, but if no-one comes in for him he (Gilchrist) will just be sacked. There's no way I'm missing out on having him in my team :D

Another two wins this week have seen me hit the top of the league. I'm not expecting to stay there as I have some youth yet to play, specifically a four skilled keeper, but first is as far away from relegation as possible so I'm well happy :D

Edited by DuD

Well Moria deserved to win my players seemed lifeless. My strikers were an extra special dissapointment. Will be hard to bounce back but like Alan Partridge we will give it a go.

Our league has just got ultra interesting though Oddy out the relegation zone! lol