NEurope

Saw this in the paper today and thought it was worth a post...

"The iPad is the equivalent to having a blonde model as a girlfriend, good to tell your mates about but pretty useless at everything else."

"Fake boobs: great to look at but don't do as much as you'd like"

Why do people feel the need to bitch and bitch and bitch about this device? I don't get it. The bitching usually entails comparisons to something this isn't...

The same reason people choose to praise it non-stop.

The same reason people choose to praise it non-stop.

You say potato I say potato.

My brother bought one of these so I got to mess with it all day yesterday. I can see why people get so taken with it. On a functional level it is definitely not worth the price, though.

Lack of Flash is infuriating and I actually didn't think I'd miss it until I tried to play some videos.

With Flash I'd pick one up tomorrow. Silly that Apple are being so short-sighted really. At the moment there's every likelihood I'll just sell my iPhone and buy a Dell Streak instead.

Having seen what Flash did to a Nexus One I can't say I agree. Or I suppose I do agree, but my annoyance is with Adobe for not having decent software, rather than Apple.

Having seen what Flash did to a Nexus One I can't say I agree. Or I suppose I do agree, but my annoyance is with Adobe for not having decent software, rather than Apple.

Apple are going out of their way to stop Adobe letting anything flash-related available on their products. They banned hundreds of apps just so they could make Adobe Flash's iPhone App creation functionality completely void.

As Steve Jobs said, Adobe showed them Flash on iPhone and it wasn't very good. They said come back when it's better and they never have.

I believe the Flash app creation thing would have meant a load of broken apps if Apple made changes to the OS. Can't say that's not understandable if it's the case.

Smokescreen renders Steve Jobs' stance on Flash pretty irrelevant tbh. When it's released any website will be able to implement it to convert Flash to Javascript on-the-fly. The down-side? It's even more resource heavy than Flash. It barely runs on the iPad, never mind the iPhone 3GS. The only way to stop it? Implement Flash in iOS. Apple are damned if they do and damned if they don't, may as well let the people choose.

Right, I've found a PC World that have stock of iPads, and I've reserved one online, but it does mean driving to the store to go get it. It's not ages away but it's far enough that it'll be a joke if the reservation isn't actually there.

Are PC World normally ok with stuff like this? Or are they normally utterly useless?

They've never failed me. Only used Reserve and Collect a few times though.

They've always been fine with me for stuff like that. I don't think you'd be able to reserve it if it wasn't there and available for you.

I'd take Mr Odwins advice and give them a call before you make the trip.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

They need 4+ units for the website to say it has stock.

Well I sent them an email and they said you can't reserve iPads.

I called Apple after thinking I'd accidentally cancelled an online order and the guy phoned my nearest store and said they had plenty of stock so I went and got one. They're extremely nice. Love it so far. It's certain very 'Apple' so I can totally understand that if people aren't into their products they won't find this any different.

This battery is amazing though. 3 hours of use so far and it's only gone down 30%. I'm amazed a battery life is actually as advertised.

Got to say as well its very easy to type on this thing, in fact I've typed all of this on it.

I do find it feels a bit odd to be holding it in portrait mode. Just feels like it was designed to be held in landscape mode.

Yeah the battery is amazing, it gets better after about 5 charges too. I have the 3G model and get around 11 hours out of it, some people with the Wi Fi are getting 12!

People are always so blown away by the battery life of their new products. Just remember you'll still be using that iPad in a year and it won't be the same then.

People are always so blown away by the battery life of their new products. Just remember you'll still be using that iPad in a year and it won't be the same then.

People will be using iPads in a year's time???

Cube seriously, just do one. We all know you don't like Apple and the iPad especially so if you haven't got anything worth posting then don't post at all.

Getting back to Shorty, I agree but thats the same with all products. Apple have said after 1000 recharges the battery will have 80% of it's life left. So if you charge your iPad nearly every day (say 350 times a year but it probably won't even be that much) your still looking at around 95% of it's capacity which is pretty amazing.

Edited by Caris

I'm saving around £80 by importing a 32GB 3G model from the US, more with a better exhange rate and no charges. I was totally opposed to the idea until I played with Caris's iPad.

Regarding Flash, it is being phased out of the web for sure. At least I was told to stay well clear of it at Uni, with the lecturers stressing the importance of websites being able to perform the same functions on as many browsers and devices as possible.

People will be using iPads in a year's time???

hahahah brilliant

I assume its the same as ipods/iphones in that you can't change the battery without some kind of rocket science?

p.s chill, everyone has a right to sleg what they want

I'm saving around £80 by importing a 32GB 3G model from the US

that 80 pounds sounds worth the cost of having warranty to me...