NEurope
Pancake

A Tale of drowned puppies and the coming of Armageddon

Like others have said the prices of games shouldn't really be a factor to consider but in my experience anyway if u look in the right places (online shops) both consoles have their games for the same price.

If your planning to play online games alot, go with what ur friends have got, most online so much more enjoyable playing with ppl u know!

Also as above, i agree with trying controllers. I can adapt to either with ease but i know some ppl really have a problem with either (such as ppl not liking 360 d-pad or not liking the R2/L2 triggers on ps3 etc). Although the ps3 can be sorted by just spending a few extra pound on getting trigger buttons to be added on (i have them and they make the triggers so much better!)

PS3 has the best exclusive games at the moment, and it all boils down to that.

Besides, the 360 is one old console at this point and in the downward sales curve of its life, so unless you're ok with just catching up, its a bad choice.

Get a PS3 with a cross battle Adapter (so you can use the 360 controller on it). You get the best of both worlds (almost... XBLA will still be absent, unfortunately, as well as some precious exclusives).

PS3 has the best exclusive games at the moment, and it all boils down to that.

Besides, the 360 is one old console at this point and in the downward sales curve of its life, so unless you're ok with just catching up, its a bad choice.

I wouldn't go that far. With an owner base as established as it is, I doubt it'll ever have to catch up to anything. Of course, exclusives will always be absent.

but if you intend to have a console for x amount of years

Then you'd probably choose a PS3. :p

I'm much more inclined towards the games on PS3, and will usually always opt for a PS3 version of multiformat titles. There's a good number of advantages.

I think the second one may be Choze, or possibly his best mate Dwarf G.

We've talked about this before 'Hat, he's just my Killzone buddy ;)

Just... get... both :blank:

problem solved : peace: (although your wallet/purse will hate you) :p

I'd say get the PS3... from cost down to games, I don't see much reason not to.

They're both great, but PS3 is on a wave at the moment.

And it's crashing... into... your... face?

If money's a big deal then clearly getting an Xbox is the wiser option as you save £50 initially and a few quid per game (personally I'm a big 2nd-hand buyer and you not only save more, but there's a wider selection).

But built in blu-ray, free online, chargable controllers all make a lot of sense. The main reason I got a 360 was because most people I know have one! I got that limited edition red resi 5 xbox, so I payed about teh same as I could've for a PS3. Also, I've still not got any interest in blu-ray. And I have wired controllers. And impulse-bought a Live account.

In the thread you made the other day you say your bf has an Xbox already. Going by that a PS3 is certainly the better choice as you'd have access to the widest range of games.

If money's a big deal then clearly getting an Xbox is the wiser option as you save £50 initially and a few quid per game (personally I'm a big 2nd-hand buyer and you not only save more, but there's a wider selection).

Well that depends if you want online or not; judging by the fact many people these days seem to be getting MW2/other FPS games (probably in part for online) that would set you back from the word go, and you'd save money every additional year if you went for PS3.

As for pricing, I find that Shopto is consistently selling a lot of good PS3 games for cheap and most of the time when multiformat titles are released they're usually the same price on both.

I don't really see a priced difference between games on either system. I managed to get Batman: Arkham Asylum for £22 at launch and Dragon Age was £30 both on the PS3. Just depends on the shop.

My god there's so many fan boys in this thread.

Fan boys will argue menial shit for hours. However the two differences I see are;

Xbox - a lot cheaper

PS3 - blu-ray

Look at which of those is more important to you. Also look at exclusives on each console.

You should buy whichever your friends have, you'll be playing these games online with them, doesnt really matter about the price its the experience :)

If you plan on playing online then this is the best advice.

(Also when did you change your name to Bren?)

In response to your original post, yes I've also found that PS3 games are often a few quid more expensive.

My god there's so many fan boys in this thread.

Fan boys will argue menial shit for hours. However the two differences I see are;

Xbox - a lot cheaper

PS3 - blu-ray

Except that is clearly not true if you want wireless and want an HDD and want to play online.

Is the price difference between the 360 Elite, and the 120GB PS3 that much in the UK. Here both consoles sell for the same amount, the only difference in price between the two is having to pay for online and Wifi with the 360.

Really though, the PS3 does have a few more features, if you don't want them fine, but they need to be looked at when considering the price of the two machines.

Is the price difference between the 360 Elite, and the 120GB PS3 that much in the UK. Here both consoles sell for the same amount, the only difference in price between the two is having to pay for online and Wifi with the 360.

PS3 is about £250, 360 is about £120.

Haven't we retreaded this topic enough? Pancake asked a question, she got an answer. No one called for the usual suspects to wheel out their green boxes full of recyclable arguments.

Some people like their piece of consumer electronics better than yours. Let it go.

What about my need to argue? How am I going to sate that? You inconsiderate twerp. lol

ps3 is the best games console this gen. There are games on it for everyone and I don't see a lack of any particular genre or any games for a certain audience. Kids are catered for, teens are catered for, and hell there's even singstar and buzz for the casual.

I feel microsoft are lacking in the kids and casual market and the wii well...Is certainly doing the kids market well.

Speaking of the PS3 how come you haven't been online in 2 weeks?

(Just asking).

An arcade, so sans Microsoft proprietary HDD.

Thats what I thought. I was more wondering what the elite was, since the arcade requires a bunch of stuff to get running the way most people would want to use it. It makes much more sense to compare the price of the elite to the PS3 as they're much more similar in terms of what you get in the box.

I feel microsoft are lacking in the kids and casual market

On top of the usual licensed rubbish that kids enjoy, there's also brilliant titles such as Viva Pinatá (1 and 2), Nuts & Bolts and Kameo that kids can also enjoy. Not to mention loads of cheaper games on XBLA to keep them entertained.

There's also stuff like Lips and Scene It for the casual market.

So across all markets, the 360 and PS3 pretty much draw in terms of games.