NEurope
Pancake

A Tale of drowned puppies and the coming of Armageddon

I think you misunderstood him. Like you said some people are just too good with K/M, in the same vein there are people like that with Controllers as well but the mouse users would beat controller hands down. Of course it's just not an issue outside Quake 3 on DC, playing that back in the day you could tell who had a mouse and who had the pad. Same principal now.

To me is like using a spoon instead of shovel to dig a hole (ok, its a slight exaggeration), I'm not saying it doesn't work, it just doesn't work as well.

Mouse is awesome, but using keyboard is wank.

At the end of the day, when you play on a console everyone uses controllers whilst on a PC everyone uses mouse and keyboards so it really makes no difference.

The UK cards don't work over here. I have to use Euro Zone PSN cards. Or just pay by credit card. Either way, the 20Euro card costs 20 Euros, so...

K/M IS better than a controller. For FPS games and RTS games. And obviously point and click games.

But stuff like Mass Effect is much better with a controller! For me, anyways.

As for the graphics and load times, well, my pc isn't stronger than the 360, so it slips by me, but I can see it being "important". =P

You can use the 360 controller on PC (there's an official '360 controller for PC' released by MS). What are all these great 360 marketplace games? The best I've found is Castle Crashers (which I believe is now on PSN) and Banjo Kazooie, which they just took from Nintendo and prettied up a little.

But yeah, a lot of PC games look miles better than 360 versions (dependent on system though) and seem to run much smoother. I remember Oblivion being so much crisper and having no jaggies on PC, and the menu didn't slow down after your inventory got full either.

You can use the 360 controller on PC (there's an official '360 controller for PC' released by MS). What are all these great 360 marketplace games? The best I've found is Castle Crashers (which I believe is now on PSN) and Banjo Kazooie, which they just took from Nintendo and prettied up a little.

But yeah, a lot of PC games look miles better than 360 versions (dependent on system though) and seem to run much smoother. I remember Oblivion being so much crisper and having no jaggies on PC, and the menu didn't slow down after your inventory got full either.

Castle Crasher's isn't on the PSN yet. I should know as I check it every thursday just in case.

To me is like using a spoon instead of shovel to dig a hole (ok, its a slight exaggeration), I'm not saying it doesn't work, it just doesn't work as well.

http://evergreen-rentals.com/images/shovel.jpg

http://www.ugo.com/games/condemned-2/images/shovel.jpg

That's a better comparison. Flat tip shovels are hard to dig with. Of course that isn't to say it's hard to fps with a controller.

It's more personal preference. I find using a controller to be much more comfortable for FPS games.

I preffer the controller as well. But when pitted together, the people playing with controllers get owned big time. The K/M setup is more precise and accurate, therefore... better. It's like arcade sticks VS gamepads for fighters, even if you preffer the gamepad, it doesn't mean the arcade stick isn't better.

What makes you say this?

Well, the PS3 is growing stronger as time goes by. I believe MS will eventually make Live a free service, in order to maintain itself alongside or above the PS3. Or else, it will eventually be runner up. Maybe I'm wrong... but it's what I believe will eventually happen.

the dashboard is a cluttered mess and I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect it to RROD again.

I gotta be honest, I much preffer the 360's Dashboard to the PS3's XMB

Give me something smaller, silent and with an easily upgradable HDD and I'd probably love my 360 almost as much as my PS3 (Although Trophies take the game award cake. Gotta love those Platinums).

The PS3 is no better in size! The HDD is much easier to upgrade than the PS3's. And yeah, it's a noisy bitch.

Trophies vs Achievements? I don't give a fuck, I think they're both good ideas, but completely disagree with the notion that they should be "scored".

I know there is a 360 controller. But that would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it? Why not just play it on the 360, if I own it? Why would I spend more money on a new controller?

Obviously, if you don't have a 360, this doesn't even apply, lol.

Castle Crashers (it still isn't on PSN... but like I said, I believe PSN will eventually be just as good as or better than XBLA), Shadow Complex, Trials HD, Xplosion Man, Geometry Wars 1 & 2 (yeah, Super Stardust is awesome, but it's not in the same league as GW), Portal: Still Alive, Alien Hominid, Soul Calibur, Ikaruga, N+, Episodes From Liberty City, the upcoming Perfect Dark AND all the XBOX originals on there AND all those old titles like Small Arms, Assault Heroes and Carcassone and I could go on and on.

Don't get me wrong, I actually preffer the PSN games, but there's many more good XBLA games than PSN games. And either way, they both have Braid, so I'm happy. :heh:

I preffer the controller as well. But when pitted together, the people playing with controllers get owned big time

I get owned big time anyway so that aspect makes no difference to me.

The HDD is much easier to upgrade than the PS3's

But doesn't the PS3 use standard HDDs meaning that it's much, much cheaper?

I gotta be honest, I much preffer the 360's Dashboard to the PS3's XMB

The PS3 is no better in size! The HDD is much easier to upgrade than the PS3's. And yeah, it's a noisy bitch.

Trophies vs Achievements? I don't give a fuck, I think they're both good ideas, but completely disagree with the notion that they should be "scored".

The XMB is quicker, simpler and a lot faster. The Dashboard sends me in circles (Mainly in the Marketplace) and I never have problems with UIs.

Better in size? You mean HDD size? Because my PS3 has a 320Gb HDD. That cost £50. If you're talking about size of the console, neither bother me. I don't carry them around.

I like trophies more because the breakdown is instantly clearer (i.e. Platinums and to a less extent Golds). I have a running meta score on my 360. On my PS3 I have 9 distinct games that I have 100%ed.

It's cheaper and you can go much higher with HDD sizes than what MS has out. Then again I don't see the reason to have so much stuff installed.

O_W you forgot to mention Serious Sam HD.

On my PS3 I have 9 distinct games that I have 100%ed.

My 360 shows me a list of games that I have 100%'d.

Are we comparing penises now? :P

I read this as pensions.

Which is....weird that I'd confuse something arguably sexual for something almost entirely non-sexual.

My 360 shows me a list of games that I have 100%'d.

Firstly, I don't have to look at the list. It's on my gamer card. It's on my sig below. Along with Gold trophies (which are the other notable single trophies).

Second, I've never strived to get 1000/1000, in fact I've never done it. Only come close once. Get 1000 points on a 360 games and you've got another couple hundred points - the same amount you could get from playing a new game for a bit. You have to 100% a PS3 game to get a Platinum, there's no shortcut to those point.

All I can say is I got bored of my gamerscore before I got my PS3. I still haven't got bored of aiming for Platinums.

I read this as pensions.

Which is....weird that I'd confuse something arguably sexual for something almost entirely non-sexual.

How is penises only arguably sexual?

Well, the PS3 is growing stronger as time goes by. I believe MS will eventually make Live a free service, in order to maintain itself alongside or above the PS3. Or else, it will eventually be runner up. Maybe I'm wrong... but it's what I believe will eventually happen.

So it's just a hunch or based on any evidence? Because if you get me all excited and then don't follow through...

How is penises only arguably sexual?

Urinating? That's not sexual. (Unless you're into golden showers).

If anything it'll go the other way. It's pretty much a given that Sony will start charging for peripheral online features before the year's out; note that online play itself will remain free.

I've read some rumors that Sony is considering a Premium sort of payment plan for PSN...

Really I can see online going either way for consoles, free all around or PSN becoming paid. Idk about Wii going paid just because of nintendo's current ideology.

It does? I didn't know that. I said it was easier because you don't have to open it... but in that case, forget about it. Score one for the PS3. Even if I don't really see the need in having such gigantic HDDs.

The XMB is quicker, simpler and a lot faster. The Dashboard sends me in circles (Mainly in the Marketplace) and I never have problems with UIs.

We'll just have to disagree on that one.

Better in size? You mean HDD size? Because my PS3 has a 320Gb HDD. That cost £50. If you're talking about size of the console, neither bother me. I don't carry them around.

Lol, pardon my stupidity. :woops:

I like trophies more because the breakdown is instantly clearer (i.e. Platinums and to a less extent Golds). I have a running meta score on my 360. On my PS3 I have 9 distinct games that I have 100%ed.

I don't see any interest in the 100% thing. If you know you 100%ed it, why would you need a stamp for it? I don't really "get" the whole thing. But that's me, of course. So yeah, trophies > achievements, I guess, but only because of platinums. Either way, the difference is completely unsubstantial.

So it's just a hunch or based on any evidence? Because if you get me all excited and then don't follow through...

It's purely a hunch, sorry.

Live wont go free, I can assure you this.

I would've said this too, a while back. Right now... though? Not so sure. When the XBOX came out, it was destined to always be the runner up... but now that they have tasted the feeling of leadership? I don't think they're going to let it go, and Live going free would be an obvious move on their part. But alas, it's all speculation.

YOu have got a WIi yeah? If not then discussion over...

If you have. Then go for a PS3. There is absolutely no contest. 360 is the worst console I've bought since the Jaguar.

IF you just had a 360 then of course it's a great machine (contradiction?) with lots of great games. But comparatively it's pure - it's huge, LOUD, break easily, has the worlds largest plug adaptor (the 70's had smaller adaptors), have to pay online, and it is full of little c*nts. I hate voicechat on the PS3 but it's infinitely better than the vitriol spewing high-pitched american boys is absolutely unbearable. PS3 (maybe Im unlucky) just seems to have an "older" userbase.

Looking into the future the PS3 also wins, it's more powerful, bluray is getting bigger and bigger and the exclusives games piss all over the 360's...but I guess this is more subjective. The rest isn't though. If you can afford it then by god there's no debate, the PS3 pisses, shits, throws up and jizzes in the face of the 360!!

Oh yeah. And I;m with the trophies over achievements too (couldn't give a crap either to be honest). But the achievement points is just an abstract number. It doesn't mean anything. You've played a lot of games. Big deal. But the trophies are tangib;e, they mean something. You can look at their platinums and golds and such and get a greater idea of their skill and "achievements".

I don't see any interest in the 100% thing. If you know you 100%ed it, why would you need a stamp for it? I don't really "get" the whole thing. But that's me, of course. So yeah, trophies > achievements, I guess, but only because of platinums. Either way, the difference is completely unsubstantial.

I guess it's just like aiming for a high score. It's just another target.

In order for me to get a Platinum on Darksiders, for example, I had to play it on Apocalyptic difficulty. I definitely enjoyed the game more because of that. It pushed me out of my comfort zone and because of that I had more fun. It's not always the case but it's nice when that happens.

Ultimately it's all pointless but it's nice having a score card across games.

As for the difference, all I have is my experience and like I said, before I got my PS3 I'd already got bored of the gamerscore. I'm still happily going after Platinums.

PS3 users drink fine wine and eat only the best cuisine.

360 kids drink pepsi and eat Dorito's.

*raises pinky to drink* Good show old bean!

Edited by MATtheHAT