Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Joining The Police

Kirkatronics

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fitness test for the police is a piece of piss. If you fail it, then you have much bigger problems.

Thats what i can see so far from what i've heard, and what i'm reading.

It was worrying me quite a bit.

I'm starting an exercise and diet to try get fitter tomorrow.

I weigh just below 18 stone, and im 6 foot 3.

Good luck! My cousin wants to join the police on their next intake. My older cousin has just retired as a DI from the Met, says he will miss it.

He told me a story once when he was on crowd control at a protest there was a large crowd of lack guys champing at the barriers and yelling abuse at the one black constable on the scene. He walked over to the screaming crowd and said "I'm not black, I'm a policeman."

I'd quite like to a be a Police driver' date=' chasing criminals on the open road. Other than that it doesn't hold much interest. Can you specify something like that or do you take what your given?

Good luck anyway![/quote']

I think you have to do 2 years as a normal copper before you can get a trade ie taffic, armed response, cid etc.

I think you have to do 2 years as a normal copper before you can get a trade ie taffic, armed response, cid etc.

If its the same as motorbike police officer, then I don't actually think you do..my dad applied in 2008 and didn't need that qaulification. It was more about your driving skill than policing skill I believe..?

But then I could be completely wrong. :p

To be honest, i am also worried about the fitness tests, as some of you have seen... Im quite a big lad.

Don't worry, it's nothing compared to the firefighter fitness tests.

But from what I've heard, it is still quite hard to become a policeman, after the fitness tests. Best of luck!

If its the same as motorbike police officer, then I don't actually think you do..my dad applied in 2008 and didn't need that qaulification. It was more about your driving skill than policing skill I believe..?

But then I could be completely wrong. :p

I'm not certain but I thought it was the same as what danny said. You joined as a normal copper first then went into other areas.

I thought about joining the police force once, then I remebered I lived in Northern Ireland and changed my mind lol.

You're a smart lad, and you'll go far in this world!

Personally I can't think of a profession that appeals much less than the police force, but each to their own n all.

I cant think of one which appeals much more. But i was told i bassically was to white, staight and male. If i had been a black lesbian i would have been in.

Well obviously thats not what they said but that was what they meant. And im not aking it up.

Well for the most part you're the menial end of the law. Carrying out the drudge work either picking up the drunks and shitheads off the streets or filling out endless paper work in a massive bureaucracy.

and, to be perfectly blunt, I think the force attracts a certain kind of small minded power tripper that I can't stand.

Well for the most part you're the menial end of the law. Carrying out the drudge work either picking up the drunks and shitheads off the streets or filling out endless paper work in a massive bureaucracy.

and, to be perfectly blunt, I think the force attracts a certain kind of small minded power tripper that I can't stand.

Small minded as you bassically put an entire profession in to a box. Pot, kettle, black.

I love you.

But then I have a particular bone to pick with the way the law is enforced anyway. Prison terms do nothing to "rehabilitate" criminals, and the isolation from society only furthers their alienation and myopia. The punishment system is just a punitive act of vengeance on the part of those who can't understand those that would oppose their idiotic social dogmas. Because infliction of suffering is pleasurable and the current legal structire is a justification for extracting some sort of payment for lack of conformity (and simulataneously an extrapolation of a human being's inability to understand someone elses subjective sensibility), and a hilarious inversion of the ideals the law is supposed to uphold in the first place.

The law is treating the symptom, not the disease, and is pretty much a haven for those who would fuel their egos through their concept of a certain moral objectivism, which, quite frankly, is absurdity in its ideal form.

Small minded as you bassically put an entire profession in to a box. Pot, kettle, black.

I never said it was everyone. I know a guy on the met and he's alright. Everyone's seen those dullards who speak like a textbook and clearly joined the force for the authority it gives them.

Do remember though that you only get a certain number of times (I think its still 3) to try and become a policeman.

You get 3 attempts, and if you fail all 3 then you have to wait 6 months.

Why do you want to join the police force?

Its something ive wanted tto do for a while.

I just feel its something i could do, and do well.

Would you rather be stuck in a factory all your life? Its quite an interesting job compared to most.

Go for it Kirkatronics, become the power.

Why do you want to join the police force?

To kick ass and take names, obviously.

Everyone's seen those dullards who speak like a textbook and clearly joined the force for the authority it gives them.

What do you mean by speaking like a textbook?

Doesn't necessarily make them a bad cop though.

Yeah I understand what Dan is saying, and I'm sure there's a lot of truth in it to a degree...

But for the most part I'd say that people join the police force because they genuinely want to help/shape the community for better.

These people, despite being amongst the power-trippers, will do a lot of good for their area.

Go for it Kirkatronics, become the power.

To kick ass and take names, obviously.

What do you mean by speaking like a textbook?

Doesn't necessarily make them a bad cop though.

Yeah I understand what Dan is saying, and I'm sure there's a lot of truth in it to a degree...

But for the most part I'd say that people join the police force because they genuinely want to help/shape the community for better.

These people, despite being amongst the power-trippers, will do a lot of good for their area.

I dont see whats wrong with wanting a bit of power, or authority.

If no one eveer wanted it, no one would get anywhere.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!