N-Europe

The Riddle Thread

STOOPIDDITTIES

Riddles are something I love to do on a regular basis and I thought if anyone else on these boards was up for a brain teaser every now and then this would do nicely.

I guess the only rule would be that there is only one riddle at a time and when someone works it out then they or someone else can start a new one. That way it stops confusion and actually gets people to work these out rather starting new ones.

Also, no googling :heh:

I'll start with this.

The bigger it is, the less you see it.

Good luck. :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riddles are something I love to do on a regular basis and I thought if anyone else on these boards was up for a brain teaser every now and then this would do nicely.

I guess the only rule would be that there is only one riddle at a time and when someone works it out then they or someone else can start a new one. That way it stops confusion and actually gets people to work these out rather starting new ones.

Also, no googling :heh:

I'll start with this.

The bigger it is, the less you see it.

Good luck. :D

Wesley's Posts?

...a shadow? Pshh, I suck at riddles.

something like the dark?

Both of these are so so close. But the answer is slightly different enough for me not to give it away just yet.

Ignorance.

This answer, as different as it is to what the real answer is, works. That's just not right.

I keep thinking of Debt for some reason. So, the bigger it is (your debt) the less you see your money. Because...it kinda isn't there anymore. :heh:

Actually, that makes very little sense. :(

Edit: Doh, I didn't see the above comment about it having to do with darkness.

An eclipse?

Edit, the sequel: Bah, that was rubbish, too. I haven't got my riddle hat on tonight. :(

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I hate these.

They aren't logical.

They're just, "What am I thinking of?"

Loads of answers people had work, and therefore are right.

It's like in the first week of uni. we had team building exercises that had questions like these.

A man and a woman are in the middle of the sea next to their boat, floating in the water; dead!

How?

Because they didn't have a ladder to get back in the boat...

Stupid.

It's like in the first week of uni. we had team building exercises that had questions like these.

A man and a woman are in the middle of the sea next to their boat, floating in the water; dead!

How?

Because they didn't have a ladder to get back in the boat...

Stupid.

Isn't there some philosophical theory that the most probable reason is the reason?

Still, I hate bullshit.