N-Europe

The Confessions and Advice Thread

Beast

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck is Stardust! I really don't remember any of that at aaaalll! Aaaaah!

Stardust was this dude who used to go to Sheffield Hallam Union and do a night there...he used to do friday nights and strut around on stage wearing a gold jacket!

They could of course mean the film though!

We went. We headbanged. Me and Dan wondered off to mock the middled aged men in fishnet vests. Found you outside (in the cold and wet, damn smokers! :p) talking to some random girls. You were trying to convince them of something...probably some lie for funsies. I forget. Anyway we grew bored of them, went inside. Stood around for a bit, at which point I noticed a poster with bare breasts. Eventually we left. Got a taxi from out the front, went back to yours and you tried to make us watch Stardust (yes?) but we were too tired to really notice. It was the birth of black-face Julia Roberts in "This is Racism".

My memory is weird...I remember that from April(ish) but completely forgotten stuff from last week.

ahahaahahaaahaahaha.

and it was mirrormask. I was tired and fell asleep.

I have a feeling the film might've been Before Sunrise or Mirrormask... either way he makes out as if I made his whole trip sucky :P

SPAMBOT!! I want to know what happened in teh end!

Yeah me to! Hopefully he's "up to his nuts in guts" (you'll have to excuse that I've been watching too much inbetweeners!)

your nights in sheffield sound like utter carnage!

Was a rather tame night. I've had weirder (granted, not in Sheff).

If you were going to change completely who you were, then surely you'd also be changing the good parts of yourself that existed before? So, I don't think you could completely change everything. You could definitely change some stuff, like being more/less serious about certain things, understanding the responsibilities that you have, being more relaxed (or equally, being more stressed). But, to me, I think certain things are just embedded within you, like having good intentions or being good natured.

I think I changed, definitely within the last few years. The turning point was definitely the ex. (!!!fgsgtgdgsgdgrgegs!!) Since then, I've kinda had to retrain myself I think, so now I'm more calmer about stuff, probably a bit too much, but eet works for me. :p

EVERYTHING OR NOTHING.

:heh:

What the fuck is Stardust! I really don't remember any of that at aaaalll! Aaaaah!

ahahaahahaaahaahaha.

and it was mirrormask. I was tired and fell asleep.

And yet you didn't seem particularly drunk jayseven, I'm a bit ashamed of you :p

This is Racism. Blatantly has to be made.

Advice; can you completely change who you are? Just something I've been pondering as of late. Feel free to discuss, its not like I heed anyone's advice as it is :heh:.

:idea: Should we recall Rokhead?

Do you have a model you wish to emulate? That's the first thing I'd be asking myself.

Randomly I was talking about this with a friend as of late, he was saying I've changed quite a lot and I was saying I'm still the same person underneath. But he was saying all of the added layers have made me someone else.

I suggested that we are always evolving anyway and if you stand still and 'remain as you are' that means that you may be technically living within an older shell of yourself. This could then mean that you are living in the past. Or moreso - unwilling to change and evolve which is a human element from the very cells in your body to all that surrounds us. (Deeeeeep.)

Now, that may be comfortable for a lot of people but isn't life a lot more exciting when you aren't constantly the same?

After talking for eons we then fell asleep safe in the comfort of each other's drunken meanderings of what the 'self' can constitute. I remember as I drifted off thinking it was a shame that he will always be the kinda guy who will never really change and will therefore always get out of life what he has already got. But then on the other hand I guess that is a comforting thing at the same time. Ignorance is bliss afterall. But ignorance need not be a negative thing too. I like how my mate is, flaws and all.

So yeah, summed up. Kinda like Flinkster said. You cannot fundamentally change who you are (I'm looking at the man in the mirror) but the layers can be added. That's the beauty of having a consciousness I guess.

Edited by tapedeck

Confession:

I wish I'd taken animation as a degree, not because I prefer animation, I prefer games, but its so much easier. Animation have an essay to write and a short flash game to make.

I don't see why I thought taking a games course would mean anything, I could have specifically done modelling on animation and been better at uni in general. I'm finding uni hard, well this course. I'd love to quit.

But its already half way through and I'd feel like an idiot if I did. :(

Confession Pt 1: I have never watched Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Deep Space Nine, Stargate or any related science-fiction television shows that would fall within that category.

Confession Pt 2: I also really couldn't give a fuck that I've never watched these shows, and never will watch them because I'm not at all into these sort of shows. I also don't care about what any of you who watch them and love them would say about this so-called confession.

As a result, I am able to live my life in perfect, unadulterated bliss. Good, eh? :heh:

P.S. Quantum Leap's good, though.

Battlestar Galactica is nothing like Star Trek. (Lie. Set in space, occasional battles. But other than that, different kettle of fish)

There's a reason BSG is hailed. Star Trek has always been a bit... *purses lips, turns away*

:idea: Should we recall Rokhead?

Do you have a model you wish to emulate? That's the first thing I'd be asking myself.

Randomly I was talking about this with a friend as of late, he was saying I've changed quite a lot and I was saying I'm still the same person underneath. But he was saying all of the added layers have made me someone else.

I suggested that we are always evolving anyway and if you stand still and 'remain as you are' that means that you may be technically living within an older shell of yourself. This could then mean that you are living in the past. Or moreso - unwilling to change and evolve which is a human element from the very cells in your body to all that surrounds us. (Deeeeeep.)

Now, that may be comfortable for a lot of people but isn't life a lot more exciting when you aren't constantly the same?

After talking for eons we then fell asleep safe in the comfort of each other's drunken meanderings of what the 'self' can constitute. I remember as I drifted off thinking it was a shame that he will always be the kinda guy who will never really change and will therefore always get out of life what he has already got. But then on the other hand I guess that is a comforting thing at the same time. Ignorance is bliss afterall. But ignorance need not be a negative thing too. I like how my mate is, flaws and all.

So yeah, summed up. Kinda like Flinkster said. You cannot fundamentally change who you are (I'm looking at the man in the mirror) but the layers can be added. That's the beauty of having a consciousness I guess.

I wasn't suggesting I was going to completely changed. I'm practically perfect in every way as it is :p

Nah it was more general musings really.

Confession:

I wish I'd taken animation as a degree, not because I prefer animation, I prefer games, but its so much easier. Animation have an essay to write and a short flash game to make.

I don't see why I thought taking a games course would mean anything, I could have specifically done modelling on animation and been better at uni in general. I'm finding uni hard, well this course. I'd love to quit.

(I also want to take that animation course by the sounds of it...)

It happens. I regret doing the exact course I did but as I look at it I enjoyed it and I completed it. S'what matters eh?

I guess so, I do enjoy my games course, some of it is fun, but I keep feeling like I'm wasting my time, doing things like ut3 (unreal editor) I don't want to drag and drop things into a box, I want to model stuff like characters and cars, rocks, trees even.

Bah you learn from your mistakes, but its not like I can afford to do an animation degree after this..

Confession Pt 2: I also really couldn't give a fuck that I've never watched these shows, and never will watch them because I'm not at all into these sort of shows. I also don't care about what any of you who watch them and love them would say about this so-called confession.

As a result, I am able to live my life in perfect, unadulterated bliss. Good, eh? :heh:

Pretty self indulgent to assume we'll care that you're missing out ;)

Confession Pt 1: I have never watched Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Deep Space Nine, Stargate or any related science-fiction television shows that would fall within that category.

P.S. Quantum Leap's good, though.

As Paj said BSG is a different kettle of fish really. I don't really care for space-fi either but BSG is intense and more about life than space. I don't watch any of the others.

Same here. Never watched any of the above mentioned and I don't really want to.

Oh wait, I watched two episodes of Star Trek and was bored to tears (but I like the 2009 movie)

Considering you like anime, if you give them their due time, you'll love them (when I say them, I mean BSG - I can tell from the box and general quakes it inspires in people that it stuns).

Really can't say the same for you DudeDazz. Bearing in mind you like HP6, and ergo have questionable taste.

You always have a chance.

In general, girls love dating. They love being able to tell their friends they've got a hot date, that someone likes them. I would think you'll need to talk to her in real life (from what you've said you haven't really done so before?) before you can actually ask her out though. Maybe 'casually' bump into her when she's out and about? If 2 of her friends are going out with 2 of your friends then it should be easy enough to arrange. Start chatting to her then.

Get her number and start texting her! Always awkward at first but when she replies it'll be fine. Just remember, wait a while before texting her back!

Also try and upload photos on Facebook of you and loads of random girls. If she looks through them she'll see these and think that you have loads of girls and you're popular with the ladies which will make her like you more!

Consider me into phase two: texting.

She phoned me at random on NYE. She had stolen my friends phone and taken the number off it, then phoned me, drunk obviously. Couldn't quite make out whether it was her who had done it, or her friend, but either way, it seems a good thing. Either she phoned me, or she told her friend about me and then her friend called me for her. So currently I am texting back and forth with her and plan to do so every 2 days or so. Go back to school in a week, hopefully I can accidentally deliberately bump into her so we can talk in real life once or twice, then I shall ask her out.In theory.

Considering you like anime, if you give them their due time, you'll love them (when I say them, I mean BSG - I can tell from the box and general quakes it inspires in people that it stuns).

Really can't say the same for you DudeDazz. Bearing in mind you like HP6, and ergo have questionable taste.

Well who is to say who has the right taste? I have a very mixed taste when it comes to movies, music, books and television.

As I said many times before on here, I like almost anything. I have one of those tastes where I can like pretty much almost anything. I also love anime (Miyazaki movies are my favourite along with Akira, Ghost In The Shell and Dragonball Zs) and I also like almost any type of genre in movies or music. I'd probably like this but from what I've seen on the trailers, it didn't really get my attention. I will, however, watch a couple of episodes and I'd probably like it.

Edited by Animal

Confession:

Old boy StefKov dropped out of my games design degree a few months ago.

We're both second years.

He's starting a new degree come Sept.

He just needs to fund a year's worth of tuition fee himself I think.