Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Dante

Link_and_Kirby_by_Sii_SEN.jpg

If I could give you thanks a million times rather then only once I would, now only need a slime in it to make me faint :heh:

wow they are complete idiots..too many things wrong with the statement to even start.

Funny thing is, I think Nintendo are now to me the top RPG making company. If Nintendo gave a Zelda RPG too anyone, they easily have Monolith, Camelot and Intelligent system, if outsourcing, I think the Yuji Horii would make awesome work out of it, just for the fact that he is a BIG Zelda fan and his Rocket Slime series is very similar to that of Zelda ^_^

Edited by killer kirby

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should bring dark link back into the game and perhaps even have a proper story within the game of the origins and such.

Make him more involved from start to finish, or better if they wanted to, make him the surprise last boss, as you beat Ganon and you think it's over Dark Link appears and then you realize that it was him that caused all the trouble from the start of the game.

Interesting is right.

No subtitle seems a bit of a strange idea, but fair enough. Of course they may not have decided on a subtitle yet.

The lack of obvious 'dungeons'/bosses will make a refreshing change I'd say. Fewer boundaries is a change I'd quite like to see.

The bow mechanic and drawing symbols in doors was always pretty likely. I'm sure most of control methods from Wii sports resort will make an appearance (Swordplay, flying, archery etc)

It'll be brilliant to finally see some sort of visuals since the teaser. In game footage could look like anything, we've no idea.

Why would it onley be called Legend Of Zelda there is a game called Legend Of Zelda before here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_(video_game)

Set before Ocarina of Time? which is/was the first Zelda game chronologically and now this would be being as it's set before so instead of having a pre-cursor being what the game is about this game seems to be about 'the legend' that the whole series is derived from hence the name 'The Legend of Zelda' with no pre-cursor is most befitting to this title... if this turns out to be true.

The lack of a subtitle would be a good idea if this is the series reboot they originally told us it was going to be. However, I do think there will be a subtitle to tie in with the story.

What I do find most interesting about this 'confirmed' information is the dungeon/boss structure. More recently, I have been wanting the Zelda team to explore the idea of a more open ended dungeon rather than confining it. For example, the forest temple in most Zeldas doesn't really convey the idea of a forest, rather just a single tree (you can't see the forest for the tree). What I would like to see happen is that the area which would normally just be the path leading to the dungeon becomes part of the dungeon; so part of the overworld becomes connected to the dungeon and the connectivity would make it feel more natural and wouldn't confine it to a series of rooms. It's harder to manage, yes, but it's definitely possible to do.

It's definitely interesting rumours and we'll see soon enough if it's true or not but bear in mind that everytime a Zelda was going to be shown/announced people have guessed and confirmed details on it only for it to be proven wrong when the game is finally shown so I'll take this with a mount of salt for now. Plus, the whole thing about the German translator seems a bit odd to me.

It seems Zelda Informer is no more. Interesting.

What were the main things they said in the article before it was taken down anyway?

What I do find most interesting about this 'confirmed' information is the dungeon/boss structure. More recently, I have been wanting the Zelda team to explore the idea of a more open ended dungeon rather than confining it. For example, the forest temple in most Zeldas doesn't really convey the idea of a forest, rather just a single tree (you can't see the forest for the tree). What I would like to see happen is that the area which would normally just be the path leading to the dungeon becomes part of the dungeon; so part of the overworld becomes connected to the dungeon and the connectivity would make it feel more natural and wouldn't confine it to a series of rooms. It's harder to manage, yes, but it's definitely possible to do.

So somewhat like the forest temple (or whatever it was called) in A link to the past?

Edited by Emasher

There was a Sonic the Hedgehog game called Sonic the Hedgehog before the 360/PS3 one.

It's still there for me.

I was gonna use the exact same example :shakehead, and its still there for me too.

The latest batch of Zelda Wii rumors, posted only yesterday, has been confirmed just a few minutes ago. We were reluctant to post the source of the rumors earlier because of the dubious validity, and turned our entire attention towards digging up the source. It took some translating, some waiting for administrator approvals, and some investigation, but we can now say, with 99.99% validity, that the Zelda Wii Rumors from yesterday, are true.

* Zelda Wii's official title is "The Legend of Zelda". There will be no subtitle.

* The game tells a story several hundred years before Ocarina of Time.It also answers the question of how the Mastersword came into being.

* The fairy-like girl plays is a very important character in the game. Her Name is Zordiana.

* The Hookshot is also in the game and it has new abilities. It will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed. Now it is possible to swing with the Hookshot, like with the Grappling Hook from WW. The Hookshot makes no use of Wii Motion Plus.

* Sometimes you have to "draw" a specific symbol on a door with your sword, to open it.

* The Bow-Control is very similar to the Bow-Control in Wii Sports Resort, as the script shows.

* There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma put it through. Miyamoto didn't want to include it.The Normal-Mode for amateurs. The Hero-Mode has no "Super Guide" included and the enemies tougher.

* The On-Stage Dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn't a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be Dungeons with no Bosses and Bosses with no Dungeon. The "Dungeon" you are able to play at E3 will be an Ice-Level. It will be the frist "Dungeon" in the Game.

The day the rumors were posted here, we received an email from a @yahoo.de account listing the rumors and providing a link to a german gaming forum (Thread here). Writing back to that email, we received no answer. Instead, we turned to the guy who posted them on the forum. After registering though we were disappointed to see that a user requires 15 posts to send a private message... Trying to reply to the thread was equally hopeless as the account needs to be verified by an administrator. Twelve hours later, the verification showed up.

account.png

The thread unfortunately moved on already (Germans apparently don't care too much about rumors) so we didn't actually hope for too much. This morning however, the guy who posted the rumors wrote a random reply to that same thread, just seconds before we checked the thread. Using this momentarily attention, we popped the question and lo and behold, he answered... with a different forum post. Apparently the rumors originated at yet another german Zelda fansite. After finding the thread there, we were relieved when the forum didn't shout at us when we tried to write a PM. An hour later, we got the confirmation. At the request of the original poster, we will disclose as little info as possible.

The information came from a translator / german language instructor working in Kyoto who was hired at the E3 to prepare Aonuma for his speech. It is not entirely accurate that the info is from the first page of the speech. The original poster is an acquaintance of this person. The information was passed on to him via IM.

In order to protect the identity of both individuals, we are unable to disclose anything else at this point in time.

pm.png

LAST DISCLAIMER: Due to the nature of the post, many people have, and will still be skeptic, which is normal. I however, as the guy who did all the poking around and all the talking, am going to personally shove a Wii Remote up my nose while humming the Pink Panther theme if this ends up not being true in its entirety. You'll have plenty of time to fill up my inbox with hateful things after that.

I dont now which is the very first Zelda game now like set in years.

Are you asking which Zelda game comes first chronologically?

That's the one thing that most Zelda fans can agree on timeline wise. Ocarina of Time has always been considered the first game chronologically.

Are you asking which Zelda game comes first chronologically?

That's the one thing that most Zelda fans can agree on timeline wise. Ocarina of Time has always been considered the first game chronologically.

Yeah so the Ocarina of Time is the first game chronologically?

From what we know yes. We haven't heard anything about the timeline officially since before Twilight Princess came out, but based on events in the game, I think its safe to say that Twilight Princess comes after Ocarina of Time.

The Only section of the timeline that has ever been confirmed officially is:

Ocarina of time -> The Legend of Zelda -> Zelda II -> A Link to the Past

The other bits of the timeline that we've found out based on events in the actual games are:

Minish Cap -> Four Swords Adventures

Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass -> Spirit Tracks

We also know that Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess both take place after Ocarina of Time.

Seeing the yeti mansion and the sky temple in TP was very refreshing for me when I first went to them.

I am really hoping that the Zelda team would continue to focus on unique ways with dungeons and temples, hence why I love TP so much :D

The Mansion and the Arbiter's ground were great. I didn't think they were actual dungeons when I went into them. I thought they were just..well, areas to explore. I thought "oh, it's a mansion, not a dungeon." But it was clever how it was designed.

Really enjoyed that. Less boundaries, the better. Keeps the game interesting.

Canand, for your benefit here is what many believe to be the chronology of the Zelda series:

I wonder if Nintendo will ever admit to a timeline for the series or not. Strange really but I doubt that'll change with Zelda Wii's announcement, unless the story really is a telling of the Legend and how the master sword and such came into being.

Edited by Ganepark32

The Split Timeline is Aonuma's version of the timeline, although, he's never really said anything beyond that. While there are a few logical flaws in the split timeline theory, the timeline in the video is, weather you keep it split, or join it together in one linear timeline, is the only logical theory so far.

There is actually an official document somewhere in Nintendo's Kyoto headquarters that details the timeline, but its not likely to ever be released.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!