NEurope
Dante

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I love the whole prequel thing. Seeing the "primitive" design of Zelda and what looks like the Hyrule king in the trailer, I'm wondering if the foundation of Hyrule Kingdom as we know it will take place during the game. And it would explain the logo of the royal family.

But it wouldn't be consistent if the bad guy was really Vaati (waiting for a confirmation on this) since Hyrule kingdom already exists in Minish Cap.

EDIT: It's not Vaati. He's named Ghirahim:

bosszeldaswordswii.jpg

Edited by Deathborn

Well, he's not called Vaati, it's been confirmed that much thanks to some gameplay footage from Nintendo's Booth. In one of the demos where you fight him, he's carrying the name Lord Ghirahim (or rather Demon Lord Ghirahim).

Well that settles it. No one's ever used a false name in a Zelda game before.

sheik.jpg

Shit...

I wasn't too excited about this before. The hadn't nailed the art, but this new trailer has got me totally excited. They have nailed it! It's looks gorgeous!

I decided I'm not gonna watch the new trailer or look at art work, all I want is a release date and then let myself be in awe of the game when I play it.... this may be difficult though

Trailer and everything looks fantastic and all but it's Zelda so anything else would be a surprise.

What annoyed me though was how Link looked. I know it sounds stupid but I really don't like his face. It's quite similar to TP Link's and the way he looked actually alienated me from the character. Why can't they go back to the style of OOT Link (particularly in Smash Bros Melee)?

well pick up OOT3D and ignore this then.

this series needs to move forward. TP was definately a step back from WW and a massive attempt to please the OOT clamouring fans. and the game suffered from it, its the worst game out of the last 4 main console zelda games and left a sour taste in my mouth.

The girl in the trailer looks awful. Something about her really doesn't look right to me. Not saying it's a deal breaker or anything, I just really think the character model looks bad.

I don't think it's Zelda, she's probably Link's sister or something.

[edit] actually looking again it could well be Zelda. I think it's the hair that's bugging me, she looks like a playmobil figure.

It's the fringe and the eyes. I agree, she looks awful. As does those text boxes in the above screenshots, but that's a minor detail

Well, he's not called Vaati, it's been confirmed that much thanks to some gameplay footage from Nintendo's Booth. In one of the demos where you fight him, he's carrying the name Lord Ghirahim (or rather Demon Lord Ghirahim).

Always possible that this is just one of his names.

Have to say I was really impressed by the visuals and colour of this game. Sooo much better than what we saw last year. Hopefully it's out by Christmas :)

thank god they've implemented dashing!

Well, got my pre-order set. And a new Wii-mote as well, i'm still using one of them non-motionplus ones, which is a tad damaged.

I cannot wait to hear this game's orchestrated soundtrack. That is all.

Oh, the game looks pretty fun too.

I cannot wait to hear this game's orchestrated soundtrack. That is all.

Oh, the game looks pretty fun too.

I just watched the trailer twice - yet I'm still humming that theme tune... Epic shhhh.:heart:

I like the Avatar influences with those flying creatures. The character design reminds me more of those scary looking clones you could create in Majora's Mask with the Elergy of Emptiness song. I think this game has great potential for dark/trippy/moody moments - especially looking at that villain (?).

ben.png

Edited by King_V

People,

IT HAS WINDWAKER TYPE EXPLORING!

WINDWAKER TYPE!!!!!!!

Ah, I wouldn't want to live on any other planet!

Totally. I love that we're getting a Wind Waker type overworld to explore.

I think this game has great potential for dark/trippy/moody moments - especially looking at that villain

HOPEFULLY. That'd be a great fit and very welcome.

They seem to be mixing in elements from Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess into one game. :)

Also, if this is a prequel to OOT - could we see what causes the war? That villain looks war-like (in an empirical Napoleonic sort of way).

Totally. I love that we're getting a Wind Waker type overworld to explore.

I haven't watched any of the new footage, but are you saying there won't be any roaming around Hyrule Field?

I haven't watched any of the new footage, but are you saying there won't be any roaming around Hyrule Field?

From what's been suggested at the Roundtable, there are two overworlds to explore, above and below the clouds. The sky is more like a wind waker Great sea type area, and the land below, Hyrule, is the more traditional land-based exploration

Trailer and everything looks fantastic and all but it's Zelda so anything else would be a surprise.

What annoyed me though was how Link looked. I know it sounds stupid but I really don't like his face. It's quite similar to TP Link's and the way he looked actually alienated me from the character. Why can't they go back to the style of OOT Link (particularly in Smash Bros Melee)?

It's ok I hate his face too, luckily we don't have to see it much when we're playing though.

Also, if this is a prequel to OOT - could we see what causes the war? That villain looks war-like (in an empirical Napoleonic sort of way).

Help me out here...do you mean the war over who gets to rule Hyrule?

The name of that character reminds me of Agahnim, and he was but a mere pawn in the end.

Thought of that too.

So in what way could they be related considering the place in the timeline he's in?

Or maybe Ghirahim is just the right hand man of Vaati, similar clothes and style but not identical. It's unlikely they'd reveal the main baddie this early anyway, not to mention have a battle with him as a demo

Help me out here...do you mean the war over who gets to rule Hyrule?

I Mean the (great?) Hyrule war that coincides with the birth of the Hero of Time.

Or maybe Ghirahim is just the right hand man of Vaati, similar clothes and style but not identical. It's unlikely they'd reveal the main baddie this early anyway, not to mention have a battle with him as a demo

Vaati got put away by four Links!

FOUR!

There's no way he's coming back:heh:

You know, Zelda, along with its music, is one of the few series that makes me cry!

This trailer had me going again, and again; so epic, and so much awaits me:cry:

+

I think the artstyle for Skyloft in the trailer looks a lot like Little King's Story visuals:D

Edited by Fused King
Automerged Doublepost

Info:

1058j76.gif

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword boasts the most realistic sword combat of any game to date, turning every encounter into a challenge of both brains and brawn. Wii MotionPlus technology accurately translates the angle of every sword slice, effectively putting Link's blade in the player's hand. Analyzing enemy attack and defense tendencies and counteracting with precise swings of the sword provide a satisfying experience that blends puzzle-solving with a new and distinctly unique combat system.

Explore a massive, multilayered world that seamlessly blends soaring exploration in a sea of clouds with intense ground-based adventuring that blurs the line between the main world and traditional Zelda dungeons. Link™ soars through the skies on the back of a noble bird and dives beneath the clouds to the continent below in an epic quest that lays the foundation for the events in the critically acclaimed The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Prepare for intense puzzle-solving as only The Legend of Zelda games can deliver. Exploration of the forests, volcanoes and deserts requires players to think on their feet as they solve puzzles, overcome obstacles and escape deadly traps. Once they find their way to each dungeon, they are confronted by even more puzzles guarded by fiendish enemies.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword redefines the traditional Zelda framework and introduces an arsenal of items, upgrades and rewards unlike any game in the franchise to date. The adventure guides players into, out of and back to dungeons and areas they've already completed. Along the way, Link gathers a massive inventory of peculiar items and resources that can be used to upgrade many of his weapons and equipment.

Dante, any chance of the new 3 official art shots in ginormous res please? Assuming you have access to them?