NEurope
Dante

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

This is really starting to draw me in :D

My main hope is that the sword play is more fleshed out than in TP, where it was more like a single action assigned to a wiggle of the Wiimote. From what I've read so far this does seem to be the case, which would be excellent.

This is really starting to draw me in :D

My main hope is that the sword play is more fleshed out than in TP, where it was more like a single action assigned to a wiggle of the Wiimote. From what I've read so far this does seem to be the case, which would be excellent.

Why is this your hope? It's confirmed from what about every demo/trailer etc. have shown.

If they've really made one thing clear with the trailers so far, than that's how you will have to slash most enemies in specific angles to get at them.

That's definitely something you won't comfortably replicate with button mashing or the slightly awkward waggle equivalent they used in Twilight princess. ;)

Yes, I know that it's a main aspect, which is why I want it to work flawlessly. So far all I have to go on is that live demo, where it wasn't working so well. I just hope that they get it right :p

Pretty sure the music in that demo sounds like the Lost Woods music from Link To The Past... In reverse...

From a designer POV, I HATE the design of the speech boxes but hopefully they'll get a revamp in the finished product.

Good to see they're using the circular item menu again.

One other thing I noticed when Link fell down toe bottomless pit, the circular fade to black transition was very Wind Waker in style, far more cartoony than Twilight Princess.

The game seems to have a very, for lack of a better work, digital vibe to it, in the same way as TP did. The way the treasure chests appears, or the bad guy vanishes, it's very digital pixel-like. Not to mention the way Link's companion speaks.

Or maybe it could just be in the strange ...

mirror world some reports speak of, when Link puts his sword in the ground

Ok I PUMPED! It has the vibrancy of Wind waker with the deeper design of TP. Totally love the Sprint and Leap mechanics - why wouldn't a young spunky fellow like Link violate the sacred grounds of a temple by running about the place!? ;)

The stoic, manly look he had in OOT would be more fitting as opposed to the Frodo-like, soft-emotional TP Link look - but its ok.

I thought the Nintendo fanboy in me had died! But imagine six months for this, and then six months for the Wii U!!!! :bouncy:

I'm interested in seeing any correlation between these 'sky people' and the ones mentioned in Twilight Princess (the Occoo?)

Edited by King_V

I like how they are bringing out a Zelda-themed Wiimote+ to go with this. Of which, i'll probably get one because i havn't got a Wiimote+ yet. Like how they bought out a Zelda-themed GBA with Minish Cap.

Dante, any chance of the new 3 official art shots in ginormous res please? Assuming you have access to them?

This NeoGaf post has everything for you.

Man this game looks so delicious!:hehe: I feel we got pretty lucky with the first 2(?) trailers, before this E3, revealing so little. During the conference I kept looking away during the SS footage, only catching little glimpses and I got that magical Zelda vibe from it:grin:.

I don't wanna see anymore, let's see if I can control myself:heh:

wii_zeldass_4_scrn12_etnyw.png

I can see this picture/guy becoming a meme :p

38 secs: *turns away* not that your life or death has any consequence

1:03: I much prefer to be indulged with my full title: Lord Ghirahim

1:14: Did you really just draw your sword?

This guy is such a hipster.

tumblr_lmhwvtDu0T1qj3pl9o1_r1_500.gif

Edited by The Peeps

I can see this picture/guy becoming a meme :p

38 secs: *turns away* not that your life or death has any consequence

1:03: I much prefer to be indulged with my full title: Lord Ghirahim

1:14: Did you really just draw your sword?

This guy is such a hipster.

tumblr_lmhwvtDu0T1qj3pl9o1_r1_500.gif

Yeah, talk about cool antagonists. ^^

I can only hope they'll not just reveal at some point that he's just a pawn and Ganon is revealed as the true villain again.

This creature kind of looks like Zant... Calling himself a demon, I wonder if his perhaps the pre-evolution of the Twili - The Dark Interlopers. Closer inspection: In the SS boss battle, the boss teleports in the same manner as Zant in his boss battle.

What I'm loving about SS is that even though its a prequel to OOT, it seems to have loads of extension from TP - such as the sky people.

Edited by King_V

I have created a spoiler free topic for this game as many of us would like to discuss it without anything being... well spoiled for us. :D

That means you'll be arguing about the Zelda timeline and which is the best Zelda then? ;)

This creature kind of looks like Zant... Calling himself a demon, I wonder if his perhaps the pre-evolution of the Twili - The Dark Interlopers. Closer inspection: In the SS boss battle, the boss teleports in the same manner as Zant in his boss battle.

What I'm loving about SS is that even though its a prequel to OOT, it seems to have loads of extension from TP - such as the sky people.

I really would love lots of fanwank in this game, loads of references to common Zelda mythology etc, even if it is the first in the timeline.

n00b alert: Questions

Is this for Wii?

When is it out?

Has it got any gimmicks? The word 'Skyward' reminds me of skies and having to use the wiimote.

n00b alert: Questions

Is this for Wii?

When is it out?

Has it got any gimmicks? The word 'Skyward' reminds me of skies and having to use the wiimote.

Oh, man. You were right about the n00b part. :heh:

It will be out for the Wii hopefully this "Holiday Season." I wish that the holiday they were referring to was Easter, in which case it would be out, but it'll be Christmas time or something. No definite date yet, just that period of time.

It will be using WiiMotionPlus for all kinds of crazy shit. You'll like it.

What is WiiMotionPlus?

*everyone is sick after realising after years of being on Nintendo site, Paj is actually a stinking n00b*

p.s thanks

I'm looking forward to this so much.. I hope it's not released too close to Christmas - I want to play it soon! I've been impressed with almost everything I've seen from this at E3. I think my main concern is probably the flying sections. I've wanted an airborne mount for Link for ages, but soaring through all that empty sky reminds me too much of the Great Sea in Wind Waker, which I definitely wasn't a fan of. Hopefully there'll be enough going on in the sky to keep it from being boring.

I'm also not completely sure what to think of the graphical style yet - I keep changing my mind about whether I like it or not! I think I'll have to play for myself before I make the final decision.

What is WiiMotionPlus?

*everyone is sick after realising after years of being on Nintendo site, Paj is actually a stinking n00b*

p.s thanks

Oh, man. You're breaking my balls here. :heh:

nintendo-wii-motion-plus.jpg

It's an attachment for the Wiimote which can help for more precision. Its got what is called a "tuning fork gyroscope", which will help with rotating, twisting and turning the controller.

I think Nintendo will probably bundle that attachment in with the game. Also, there's some Wiimotes now which contain the motionplus attachment inside it.

Wiimote-Plus-02.jpg