N-Europe

N-Europe Winter Meet 2009?

ReZourceman

Anybody fancy a Welsh Meet-up??. A suggestion to all N:E members living in or close to Wales.

A little meet up and a pint or something would be fun, hehe.

I've got a busy Christmas in store, I think. If work keeps coming in, I'll be working until Schools break up, which is around the 18th or something. Then, I'm going to be visiting people in Brighton and other places in the South. Erittttth. I don't think I'll be able to commit to any of the meet-ups, especially those 20th December ones because of the clash of dates with when I'll be visiting people. Although, Jay, if you're in Brighton around Christmas time, or Newport, we could meet up again, haha.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait what, jay is actually stealing ReZ's meetup date?! I thought twas only a joke, I thought the original crew were gonna be making it to St.Albans together, but we have lost a man, a good, though rather poor, man. A commemorative pint of strongbow shall have to be in order.

As for me, I think things aren't looking too shabby! I can get a single to St.Albans on the day(to arrive by 1pm latest I imagine) and get a lift back down to my home the next day if I'm lucky. I might bring a random friend of mine as well! Only he's not so random, and not so friend, more like one of my oldest friends and nemesiseseses combined. What's the plural of nemesis btw? Nemisi? If it isn't, it is now!

A little meet up and a pint or something would be fun, hehe.

I've got a busy Christmas in store, I think. If work keeps coming in, I'll be working until Schools break up, which is around the 18th or something. Then, I'm going to be visiting people in Brighton and other places in the South. Erittttth. I don't think I'll be able to commit to any of the meet-ups, especially those 20th December ones because of the clash of dates with when I'll be visiting people. Although, Jay, if you're in Brighton around Christmas time, or Newport, we could meet up again, haha.

Name the date, i'll be there. Preferably Newport, Brighton tis a tad too far.

How about somewhere like Newtown or Welshpool? Preferably late Jan for me.

Either one of these towns is logical for me. Train is my best form of transport, with Welshpool being nearer from Newport (just did a quick check online)

And still I can't go to any of them. =(

Not the Welsh one?

Either one of these towns is logical for me. Train is my best form of transport, with Welshpool being nearer from Newport (just did a quick check online)

Are you sure about that? Newtown is closer distance-wise.

EDIT: Oh looks like you have to go to Shrewsbury.

Edited by MoogleViper
Automerged Doublepost

Rummy; the logistics just don't seem to match up too great. It'd take 4 hours to get there, and as it's a sunday it'd have to be a total of 8 hours travelling for what would be maybe 4 hours of meet. Sunday I get time and a half at work, too, so I'd be spending £50 rather than earning it...

I want to go, and my sheff meet is mostly not going to happen, I imagine, because I really can't be arsed to organise it.

Rummy; the logistics just don't seem to match up too great. It'd take 4 hours to get there, and as it's a sunday it'd have to be a total of 8 hours travelling for what would be maybe 4 hours of meet. Sunday I get time and a half at work, too, so I'd be spending £50 rather than earning it...

I want to go, and my sheff meet is mostly not going to happen, I imagine, because I really can't be arsed to organise it.

I see. But you stole ReZ's date man, you totally e-blocked his e-cock! Actually come to think of it that's probably a most sensible thing to do in ReZ's case.

And still I can't go to any of them. =(

Well duh, join the cool kids and arrange your own mini meetup!

SUNDAY 20th DECEMBER

MY HOUSE

Confirmed Attendees:

Gizmo

Could I just say I'd find myself much more likely to attend if it took place after Christmas? Preferably in the 1-2 weeks afterwards when I'm on holiday.

That's a pretty solid offer. I say we all head to Gizmo's!

Are you sure about that? Newtown is closer distance-wise.

EDIT: Oh looks like you have to go to Shrewsbury.

On the Train, Newtown is 20 more minutes to get to than Welshpool. Both towns require 1 stop from Newport, Wales in-between as such.

Edited by Jimbob

Bleh the midlands just annoys me because nobody can quite agree where it is, given that its supposed to be in the MIDDLE, grr, fucking grr.

Nobody can agree where the north/south is either :heh:

Haden we don't need them! I had kinda planned to go to London that week to see Jodie but now she's in a relationship again it probably won't happen. I'm sure I'll have to end up christmas shopping, or being pulled into help at SCS.