N-Europe

Haye vs Valuev

Gizmo

Now, I don't know a thing about boxing, but I do know that a fight between two guys that look like this

boxing_682x400_894223a.jpg

is bound to be worth watching. Valuev is 7st heavier and a foot taller. So basically the fight will be Haye darting around like a madman trying to get in while Valuev depserately tries to keep him away with jabs. If Valuev lands one big punch it could be all over, but apparently a lot of the experts are tipping Haye to be the one to deliver the KO.

Think it's only showing on Sky Box Office or something, but theres bound to be a stream somewhere.

anyone think haye is an idoit fo insulting him personnaly, i meen grow up havesome respect, Valuev is ment to be a nice educated chap

It's all part of the game/show. It's just Haye showing he's confident and up for the fight.

Opinion is split in my family over who will win. My brother is backing Haye, but I'm going for Valuev. Just look at the stats: The guy is almost a foot taller, he's 7 stone heavier and has a bigger reach. I've also read that his chest is almost 10 inches bigger than Haye's...the guy is an actual monster. Just look at that picture in the first post. Haye is going to have to get really close to him if he's going to land a big one on him.:hmm:

Not only that, he's only lost once in 51 fights. He's a Champion for a reason. This guy isn't just a big oaf.

Am I allowed to post a stream link? If not, edit it out

About to start.

I'd advise against it, dude. It's illegal, so it could potentially get the boards into trouble.

Best either keep it off site/forum or do it through PMs. Not sure if it would be ok to do it via IRC? Actually, that would be sweet. If we all went into the chatroom and talked about it there.

In all honesty, I thought it wasn't a great fight at all. As TeeDee says, Haye should have started like that, but would probably have worn himself out. Valuev seemed like he was waiting for something...he got so close to him, the two could have kissed, yet nothing bluddy happened.

Out of curiosity, how many punches got thrown from round 1 to 10?

Well after Haye said he damaged his hand in the 3rd round it makes it even more remarkable he won. It also explains why the majority of the bout was like watching two blind kids play wii sports boxing.

Hahahaahahaha. That is such a fantastic description of the fight. That's brilliant.

It's crazy he kept on fighting through that, so well done to him.

Well after Haye said he damaged his hand in the 3rd round it makes it even more remarkable he won. It also explains why the majority of the bout was like watching two blind kids play wii sports boxing.

I didn't think the fight was that great and the way I would describe it was what tapedeck just said. Like two blind kids playing Wii Sports Boxing. The last round when Haye started to get into it, me and my Dad was saying "WHY DIDN'T HE DO THIS AT THE START?!" lol.

He won 114-116-116 vs 114-112-112 didn't he? Seems like a pretty crap result to me. While he won neither fighter was the clear winner, I'd have preferred a draw and a rematch at the O2 arena for a more decisive win.

But hey, it now looks like Haye could go down in history as one of the greatest boxers of all time (along side Valuev ironically). I hope the next big fight is a bit more eventful though, this was dull and the Hatten match was way too short. It almost feels like a waste of time watching.

He won 114-116-116 vs 114-112-112 didn't he? Seems like a pretty crap result to me. While he won neither fighter was the clear winner, I'd have preferred a draw and a rematch at the O2 arena.

But hey, it now looks like Haye could go down in history as one of the greatest boxers of all time (along side Valuev ironically). I hope the next big fight is a bit more eventful though, this was dull and the Hatten match was way too short. It almost feels like a waste of time watching.

I feel exactly the same as you. For me, this fight was a huge let-down. Like you, I think a draw and a rematch would be a fair result.

Good luck to Haye and his career, and hopefully he'll have more exciting matches. It just seemed very passion-less from both fighters, though. :hmm:

He won 114-116-116 vs 114-112-112 didn't he? Seems like a pretty crap result to me. While he won neither fighter was the clear winner, I'd have preferred a draw and a rematch at the O2 arena for a more decisive win.

I am glad Haye won as Valuev is a joke. He is boring and does nothing! After that fight a rematch would be crazy. Who would wanna see a rematch outside of Germany? Nobody would wanna pay to watch another bore-fest on PPV.

Haye winning is good for Heavyweight Boxing..

I would have expected a KO before the 12th round, surprised it went to a points decesion.

I'm looking forward to the Pacqauio vs Cotto fight next week, that should be more entertaining and action packed (assuming there isn't an early KO), hopefully Manny wins and we get him vs Mayweather next year, that's the fight I'm itching to see.

Manny wins and we get him vs Mayweather next year, that's the fight I'm itching to see.

If only, thatd be so good!

I gotta say i got bored watchin the fight, valuev was too slow, Haye was too fast, it just didnt make a gud combination, dodging is not fun to watch!!

I did want to see Valuev knock his head off, but im sorta glad Haye won, at least we own the belt now :P

I thought it was a good match. It reminded me of the boss levels when you have to keep dodging and running around the big boss in a routine before you can strike. But my god Haye was incredibly quick. For a man of his size as well (although that didn't look much last night). I think his technique was perfect. He knew what he had to do and he did it excellently.