N-Europe

Goldeneye possibly coming to wii next year...

auntnadia2003

Yeah here is some reporting type stuff about it;

Eurocom Entertainment Software, Derby, United Kingdom

July 09 – Sept 09 Animator – GoldenEye 2010 (Wii)

Animator on Activision’s James Bond series for the Nintendo Wii

http://peckanimation.com/PDF/CraigPeck_Resume.pdf

First off, I should probably note that Eurocom did porting work on Treyarch’s Quantum of Solace game from last year.

So if the Bizarre Creations’ 2010 Bond game is another Goldeneye, does this mean that the racing game rumors are unfounded?

Also, Bond interactive license-holders, can’t be we get over this improper canonization of the massively overrated Goldeneye and focus on the actual best Bond game ever, Everything or Nothing? (Activision, your new SF studio has some integral dudes from that game, just saying.)

http://supererogatory.tumblr.com/post/223707250/experience-team-bondi-sydney-australia

I already said this in Wii General discussion, but I think its most likely Activision developing their own game with the name Goldeneye.

However.

Currently Activision own the Bond License, while Nintendo and Rare (Microsoft) both own rights to different aspects of the original game. A year or so ago, Activision and Rare were willing to team up to remake the game for the 360, while allowing Nintendo to re-release the original game on the virtual console. Nintendo didn't except the deal because they wanted a version of the remake on the Wii as well. So, its possible that they've agreed now to have Rare develop the 360 remake, and have Activision and Eurocom downgrade the remake for the Wii. Its just a theory, and I may have a few facts wrong, though.

:hmm: We don't smell that bad do we?

forums in general scare the hell out of me.

a big pile of moderators waiting in the shadows to give you some kind of warning for not reading the 1000 page rulebook, or being overly aggressive to "noobs" or people who post in the wrong place. yuk.

not that i'm saying these forums are like that..... i just don't find forums enticing places to visit!!:hmm:

forums in general scare the hell out of me.

a big pile of moderators waiting in the shadows to give you some kind of warning for not reading the 1000 page rulebook, or being overly aggressive to "noobs" or people who post in the wrong place. yuk.

not that i'm saying these forums are like that..... i just don't find forums enticing places to visit!!:hmm:

This forum is more like Pringles, once you pop you can't stop. There were once a few bad apples but most are gone. We are all just so damn nice.

This forum is more like Pringles, once you pop you can't stop. There were once a few bad apples but most are gone. We are all just so damn nice.

This is very true, I love this place! The funny thing is, I can't go on other forums... I'd feel like I'm cheating on this one! Haha

I love you guys!

However.

Or alternatively, Nintendo was given the rights to GoldenEye 007, while Microsoft was given the rights to the original Perfect Dark (Remember: It was published by Nintendo). Microsoft perhaps decided to re-release PD on the 360 as they are doing, while Nintendo decided on a remake of the game.

Again, a theory.

Or alternatively, Nintendo was given the rights to GoldenEye 007, while Microsoft was given the rights to the original Perfect Dark (Remember: It was published by Nintendo). Microsoft perhaps decided to re-release PD on the 360 as they are doing, while Nintendo decided on a remake of the game.

Again, a theory.

Nintendo apparently never owned any rights to perfect dark from what I understand. If Nintendo owned the rights to goldeneye, we would already have it on the virtual console. Plus there wouldn't be a remake being make by a porting company. Unless its just textures and stuff. Who knows.

That must have been one of the worst trade offs in the industry. Good thing Goldeneye wasn't an original IP.

they got a ridiculous amount of money though from microsoft. and at the time rare were working on shit like donkey kong racing.

look at what rare created for xbox afterwards though.. ONE game wasnt it? grabbed by the ghoulies and it flopped. Nintendo made the right choice.

Nintendo didn't initiate the sale in Rareware. The Stamper brothers originally owned 51% of shares in the company, whilst Nintendo owned the other 49%. In 2002, the Stamper brothers sold their 51% of the company to Microsoft, giving Microsoft control over the company (as Nintendo only had 49% of shares). Only after this, did Nintendo sell their 49% of shares for $375 Million.

If Nintendo owned the rights to goldeneye, we would already have it on the virtual console.

Yeah, seeing Activision own the license to making James Bond games, I assume they would have to make an agreement with them. According to Reggie, this is a problem with re-releasing games like GoldenEye:

"...the mammoth Nintendo 64 hit "GoldenEye" would be worth it even though the game's developer is now owned by Microsoft and the James Bond license was recently snatched up by Activision. Would I love to see it on virtual console? Absolutely. But there are a lot of issues there" -Reggie (From N-Europe)

look at what rare created for xbox afterwards though.. ONE game wasnt it? grabbed by the ghoulies and it flopped. Nintendo made the right choice.
Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Banjo Kazooie N&B and Viva Pinata. But none of which are anywhere close to the quality Rare used to uphold under Nintendo's umbrella. Many of the best minds and talents behind PD/GoldenEye split off to make Free Radical, but they've all but fizzled away under the credit crunch.

Mind you, for those of you looking to relive the glory days on a current generation console: whilst GoldenEye is little more than a rumour for the VC, Perfect Dark is out on the Xbox Live Arcade within a matter of months... I know, I know, heresy etc.

Edited by Shorty

Yeah, seeing Activision own the license to making James Bond games, I assume they would have to make an agreement with them. According to Reggie, this is a problem with re-releasing games like GoldenEye:

"...the mammoth Nintendo 64 hit "GoldenEye" would be worth it even though the game's developer is now owned by Microsoft and the James Bond license was recently snatched up by Activision. Would I love to see it on virtual console? Absolutely. But there are a lot of issues there" -Reggie (From N-Europe)

I really doubt it would be difficult to persuade activision to allow them to release the game on the virtual console. I mean, Activision basically would get money without really having to do anything, and considering activision's latest business models, I don't think that would be a hard sell. The real problem is that Rare (Microsoft) own some part of the original game.

I actually thought Goldeneye: Roque Agent was quite good :D

The multiplayer really was tense as hell. Me and my mates used to play it all the time. The weapons were brilliant; Like those little mines you could shoot on your foes and then having then running around, knowing that they'll die whenever you press THE BUTTON:laughing: Excellent Multiplayer.

Singleplayer was a lot of shooting, sort of a Conduit kind o' thing.

Edited by Fused King