NEurope
Happenstance

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (XBLA, PSN, WiiWare)

Well that sounds like the first Sonic game but Sonic 2 and all the ones after let you hold down and speed up.

^ That concept art is godly, even though I vividly remember despising those 'Slicer' Badniks from the Metropolis Zone it's so good to see them return. :D

Partially related article, was just reminiscing about Sonic 2 when searching for what the above bot was actually called and came across a handy guide for the Metropolis Zone, very detailed and reminded me of both how excellent and devious the level design used to be.

http://www.soniczone0.com/games/sonic2/metropolis/

^ That concept art is godly, even though I vividly remember despising those 'Slicer' Badniks from the Metropolis Zone it's so good to see them return. :D

That one is not official concept art, it was done by a fan.

It's still godly... :blank:

Now I'm gonna be all dissapointed if the 'Slicer' Badnik doesn't make it into the game lol, come one make it so Sega. :wink:

I didn't realise that, or I wouldn't of posted it.

I didn't realise that, or I wouldn't of posted it.

The whole point is that the team have asked people to post badnik concept art - if they get x submissions they'll release more info on the game.

Good news :)

yes exactly what was wrong with sonic rush..

im impressed with these comments so far

Eh isn't about the video but the music sample and the new art.

It was over a decade ago today that this phrase was commonly heard – and with good reason, as it marked the monumental release of a game called Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Now, sixteen years later, we’re back and ready to use it again – because we’ve got big things in store.

As we mentioned over the weekend, we’re turning this week into Hedgehog Week as celebration for the game’s announcement, and for all the amazing work that fans around the world have put in to go above and beyond our challenges. The celebrations kick off today with two pieces of concept art from the first zone, a special giveaway of Sonic 3 signed by one of the Senior Level Designers from the original team, and swag giveaways all day! Then, on Thursday, we’re going to make the internet explode as we announce the real name of Project Needlemouse.

4325445765_6f04476638.jpg4326183302_e0b0b48368.jpg

Edited by Dante

It confusing if it does turn down to be a new sonic game from the Sonic 1 ROM and asking people send artwork designs to put into the game.

The announcement about project said this.

On the cusp of the 10th anniversary of the ill-fated Dreamcast console, SEGA has just teased a brand new Sonic game. According to the original interview, the game is set to return to the 2D roots of the series - revamped with HD graphics.

It confusing if it does turn down to be a new sonic game from the Sonic 1 ROM and asking people send artwork designs to put into the game.

The announcement about project said this.

SEGA confirmed it isn't a Sonic 1 HD remake.

Oh, and as another bonus, let’s go ahead and dispel away a little rumor that we’ve noticed in the comments:

Project Needlemouse is not an HD version of Sonic 1. These may be old badniks, but when we said all-new adventure, we meant it.

The music did sound like the title screen music from Sonic 1 at first though.

I'd much rather the soundtrack be closer to that of 3 and Knuckles than the first two, the music was wayy better.

(Except Chemical Plant Zone which is the bestest Sonic tune in the worldz).

What is Project Needlemouse? Well, you’ll soon know. We will be unveiling Project Needlemouse at midnight (US Pacific time) TONIGHT on GameSpot!

That’s all we can say for now, but you’ll know more in just a few hours! So put on a pot of coffee, and stay up late for all the Needlemouse-y goodness.

Just tell us already!

I see they're following in the footsteps of New Super Mario Bros Wii

Question is, will they get to Sonic's old quality..

I wish the PSN logo wasnt so small, I didnt see it the first time and got worried!

I think its awesome that its gonna be Sonic 4 but im not sure on it being episodic.

The only thing that I'm concerned about is the length of each episode. Sonic games aren't exactly long in the first place.

I also hope that they do it in such a way that if you own episode 1 and 2 then when you beat the last level in episode 1 it will go straight to episode 2 as if it were one game.