NEurope
Happenstance

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (XBLA, PSN, WiiWare)

ok so during Extra Life I couldn't do the final boss for the life of me...I sit down today and do it first try...typical...

Very typical!

Told u that u can do it though!!

Very typical!

Told u that u can do it though!!

yeah on 3 chaos emeralds so far as well...

Even though I couldn't really afford it, I caved in and bought this last week. I think it's fantastic! It's deffinitely not the revolution we were all hoping for, but I think it's certainly a huge step in the right direction.

Now, to get that last bastard Chaos Emerald...

I played the demo today now that I finally have a temporary connection for my Xbox..

I am not paying 1200 points for this. Why the hell is the camera so close to Sonic? I can barely see a meter either way, the other 2D games managed to do this fine, surely 2.5D on the current generation consoles with a camera further out couldn't hurt? That and the music (except for the Mad Gear levels and a select couple more) is rather grating, the fact I was able to stop running on a slope and manage to stand there defying gravity is severely off putting.

800 would still be too much, but I'l stick to my guns and actually buy it then. Do they still have the episode II preview in there with Metal Sonic? Cause I remember that leaking really early this year

Final boss is driving me crazy at the moment. I pretty much know what I need to do to beat him, its just dodging all of his attacks near the end thats doing me in.

Seriously?

Do people not realise that, just like Sonic 2, if you make Robotnik drop at the far side of one room, then run to the other side, none of his projectiles can actually reach you?

Seriously?

Do people not realise that, just like Sonic 2, if you make Robotnik drop at the far side of one room, then run to the other side, none of his projectiles can actually reach you?

I realised this, that part was easy. It's when she skips around I got stuck. Then I worked out you could spindash under him if you're quick enough... :heh:

The thing that I'm stuck on right now is the final special stage. Seriously, you need the precision of a samurai ninja to get through it!!!

The thing that I'm stuck on right now is the final special stage. Seriously, you need the precision of a samurai ninja to get through it!!!

Or...if you dont mind the shame of doing it...

Repeatedly pause and unpause to adjust your trajectory so you never hit the goal barrier things.

I realised this, that part was easy. It's when she skips around I got stuck. Then I worked out you could spindash under him if you're quick enough... :heh:

Or...if you dont mind the shame of doing it...

Repeatedly pause and unpause to adjust your trajectory so you never hit the goal barrier things.

Or try what was suggested by Shorty (i think) a page or two back. Keep a finger over the start button and if you think your about to hit the red goal or about to run out of time pause and click retry!

Wish i had tried that before completing them all and having to keep replaying whole levels!!

Thanks for the tips guys. However, I managed to get all 7 Chaos Emeralds already by doing it normally. Super Sonic ftw!! :grin:

...though I might use those tactics to get the "Ring Collector" achievement. :heh:

Finally got to see my Sonic avatar awards thanks to the new xbox.com :D (they don't work on the beta dashboard)

I may get Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I this weekend but although I have an XBOX 360, I'll probably go for the Wii version due to thinking I'll enjoy it more playing it with the Wii Remote on its side than with the XBOX 360 controller..

I do have a question about the controls though. When playing with the Wii Remote, does both 1 and 2 work to make Sonic jump etc. or is it all on the 2 button? The reason I ask is because the Operations Guide on the Wii Shop Channel only specified 2 but when playing any classic Sonic game, I always find myself wanting to use the 1 button to do the spin dash and 2 to jump (or B to spin dash and C to jump on the Mega Drive :heh:)

It doesn't really matter too much if this isn't the case, but somehow it feels more natural for me that way! When I played the game on PS3, the first thing I did was crouch and press square to charge up and I was gutted when that buton didn't work :eek:

Do we have any idea yet when the next episode is due?

no but this is being reported on a few sites:

A SEGA marketing ape has loosened his jaw in the latest Game Informer to reveal that "two of three" big Sonic the Hedgehog announcements are coming in the early portions of 2011. SEGA with some Sonic news ... what a unique concept!

"We're looking to improve the quality and focus of a pure Sonic platform gaming experience. We have released Sonic 4 digitally, which has reviewed very well," says marketing VP Alan Pritchard. "Free Riders was really about being a part of the launch of Kinect. Then, we have Colors, which is our pure Sonic gaming experience. That's had some high scores. It's also the highest pre-selling pure Sonic title we've ever had.

"But to your point, we have some announcements in the early part of next year that will further support and add to this strategy. There will be two of three big Sonic announcements in the early part of next calendar year."

One of those announcements will surely be Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode Two, and I'm guessing that the other major one will be Sonic Anniversary, the rumored collection of remade Sonic levels. That just leaves the annual Wii game, which would more than likely capitalize on the success of Colors.

Looks like I've got these announcements all sewn up. Does that mean I'm a games analyst now?

I wonder if 6 months after all the episodes are out, this will come out on a disk for half the price.