N-Europe

Help the Robot Revolution! (Redbubble challenge)

Eenuh

Hey fellow N-E people!

Me, and some fellow forum members, need your help! And we need it quick!

The art community site RedBubble recently launched a new t-shirt challenge, called "Music Machines". Now the requirements for the designs were a bit loose, but basically anything with machines or music was allowed I think.

Now the challenge has closed and voting has started. Just like last time (for those who don't remember, a few months ago I posted a similar thread), people get to vote for the top 20 designs. Out of these 20, five winners will be picked by RedBubble and the London clothing store Demo. These winners will get a certain amount of shirts bought from them, meaning they get a certain amount of money (basically 30% profit per shirt). The Demo store will then sell the shirts in their London based store (sadly the profit for this goes to the owners of the store =P ).

But yes, basically, I'm asking for your votes! It is free to sign up on RedBubble and it won't take too much of your time. Some of you might already have an account so it will take even less time! =D

It would be great if you could support not only me, but also the other members who participated (which I think are Goafer and Retro_Link); as far as I know you are able to vote for more than one person. =)

So if you are willing to vote, my contest submission can be found here: Click Me!

robotdj5.png

Edited by Eenuh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goddamn, Eenuh's is awesome! No offense Goafer, I like yours too but Eenuh's is more my kind of style! How much are these t-shirts to buy? If they weren't so expensive then maybe I would, but otherwise for now...I shall vote for ye both!

Thanks for anyone who has voted. =)

Retro_Link: the linking stuff is indeed dodgy. People keep telling me my links don't lead to my entry, so I don't think direct linking really works. Also, the entry numbers keep changing so even if it shows up as number 65 for you, it might be a different number for someone else. Bit annoying. =P

Also, I promised a friend I'd link to her work as well, so this is her entry. If you like it, feel free to vote for her as well.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/mimmam/t-shirts/3581226-1-one-man-band-machine

For getting the right links:

http://www.redbubble.com/groups/redbubble/challenges/9372-music-machines?work_id=3596237

Use that, but change the work_id number to yours, found on the T-Shirt's page.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/eenuh/t-shirts/3596237-1-robot-dj-is-in-the-house

So, Eenuh's friend's link would be:

http://www.redbubble.com/groups/redbubble/challenges/9372-music-machines?work_id=3581226

Is there any way to check how many votes you have so far? There used to be a box on the right of your homepage, but it doesn't seem to be there any more.
I was wondering that, can't see anything.
Voted for you all, hope it goes well for all of you. After being forced to register.
Thanks Ten10!!

Curses. I wish I'd know about this earlier. My design for Village People robots would've been genius.

And if that were on the voting cards, that would definitely get my vote.

Great designs, well done to those who have submitted them. I shall commence my voting at some point over the weekend.

I want to vote but I can't remember my username. Eenuh does it give you a list of people who have bought your t shirts?

I looked through my sales list and it didn't tell me your user name. Are you sure you were logged in when you bought the shirt?

In any case, you can retrieve your user name and password on Redbubble by putting in your email address on the login page (after clicking "I lost my user name or password").

Thanks for anyone who has voted! Very much appreciated! ^____^

I looked through my sales list and it didn't tell me your user name. Are you sure you were logged in when you bought the shirt?

In any case, you can retrieve your user name and password on Redbubble by putting in your email address on the login page (after clicking "I lost my user name or password").

Thanks Ine! All good, I remembered. Now voted, good luck you three, they're all awesome.:D

Looks like you're gonna storm to a victory Ine!!

Pretty much everytime I look at the recent votes page you're on there, you've got quite some redbubble following!! :bowdown:

Looks like you're gonna storm to a victory Ine!!

Pretty much everytime I look at the recent votes page you're on there, you've got quite some redbubble following!! :bowdown:

Really? Because whenever I check I pretty much never see my design on there haha. I wish you could tell how many votes you have heh. =P

It's better than what some have done, just taken some pre existing images of shit and altered the colours.
Yeah there are some absolute shockers, but at least I haven't seen them being voted on... then I would really start to loose faith.

2386212-2-play-me-i-m-yours.jpg

http://www.redbubble.com/people/chrisjoy/t-shirts/2386212-2-play-me-i-m-yours

It's just a photo with an aweful metalic photoshop filter applied to it, yet it's had LOADS of positive comments and one person thinks it's been painted out of mercury... wtf!!

Edited by Retro_Link

Some good designs in there. isn't there a better way to browse them, though? My hand got tired from all the clicking :heh:

Anyway, I voted for a bunch of them (including our 3 N-E members and Eenuh's friend), but I didn't really check how those would look on a T-Shirt, though.

I was thinking of voting for that pic Retro_Link posted (not the "mercury piano" one), but seeing it on a T-Shirt like that, it is rather unfitting. I'm afraid I may have voted for some that would look fine in theory, but not so much in execution.

Anyway, Eenuh's one really stood out. Goaferboy's is another favourite of mine. Good luck to you both.