N-Europe

Pet Peeves

ReZourceman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main peeve is a bit of an Oxymoron but...

I can't tolerate intolerance... you know, when people who you've never met just don't like you from the word go without even knowing a thing about you, just really pisses me off somewhat.

God and Jesus were one and the same.

God; an abstract idea/being.

Jesus; a dude in sandals.

I don't give a rats arse what either of them stand for but I'd go to the pub with Jesus. I'm sure he'd have some entertaining anecdotes.

Either way, my pet peeve is God as an absolute. Yawn.

Proper drunk people. They're a complete burden to everyone around them. Fucking cretins. I really feel for taxi and ambulance drivers and bar staff, I really do.

And then people treat me like the social leper when I decide not to drink. "Come on, you can have one surely?" Fuck right off, there's a reason I don't drink, it's because drunk people are parasites and "only having one" achieves nothing.

Man I hate that. Also the incorrect use of borrow. "Can you borrow me a pencil?"

If anyone ever phrases it like that to me I refuse to give it to them.

lol awesome, also reminds me of another annoying thing, when people ask if then can borrow a single use item i.e 'can I borrow a piece of kitchen roll / tissue' as if I'd want it back after its been used lol I know what they mean but still, can be annoying.

Man I hate that. Also the incorrect use of borrow. "Can you borrow me a pencil?"

I probably wouldn't, either. :heh: Well, most people I know are Danish, and we have the same word for "borrow" and "lend", so that's a fair excuse if they're not good at English.

You were in fact the person who taught me the error of my "have/of" ways. I now hate it too.

Proper drunk people. They're a complete burden to everyone around them. Fucking cretins. I really feel for taxi and ambulance drivers and bar staff, I really do.

Dude, don't be so insensitive. Slaggis is right here. ;)

This one is a work one. At the end of each call we have to say "Is there anything else I can help you with" (Which I hate because they ring up for specific things, and its not like they're gonna forget why they ring you and it ALWAYS makes them go "Well now you mention it can you tell me my bank account balance" which we don't deal with so we CAN'T help anyway) anyway, and my pet hate is people saying "Yeah you can wave a magic wand and make my value go back up hahah" .....yeah cos' I havn't that pun 50 times today already.

Pricks.

Somewhat related - when I worked at Waitrose we weren't allowed to say "No problem" because it "Creates a problem"

????????????????????

Staffordshire Bull Terriers.:awesome:

They are the dog of choice for chav scum and they hang around with these dogs as if the dogs are actually something to be scared of... umm, no.

I dislike all fighting dogs and the chavs/men with small penises that usually own them.

The Chinese actually use the same word for lend and borrow and they often make this mistake when speaking English.

I hate it when people are completely different when it suits them. Some people are fine with some stuff but then even though its on the same level they aren't happy with it.

Also people who can act one way and then another. For example, when you are with one group of friends and when you are with another. You're the same fecking person!

People who are OVERLY pedantic. I know grammatical shizzle that you lot are going on about is annoying, but when its really not a good time and you feel the need to correct the issue. There's a time and a place.

general black rapper talk ,

you cant relate to this but the way scumbags from limerick talk is horrible.

people who don't know how to text and resfuse to learn.

people who have a mobile and insist on keeping it at home

people who leave their phone on silent constantly..

meh theres loads.

People who put drinks too close to the edge of the table/bar, where a carelss arm swipe could knock them off.

If I see the glass near the edge, I can't tear my gaze away from it, as though it's screaming at me for help, as the owner's arm swings in slow-motion, ever closer to the teetering recepticle.

I have ask the person to move it away from the edge, or in extreme cases, do it myself.

What else...?

Oh, blurbs on DVD boxes. They ruin films. Films are not meant to be spoiled before watching. Worse offender; the Rosemary's Baby dvd. I of course watched it withot reading the back, and thought it was great. Then I read the back after, and I was like WTF. It told you the bloody twist. Of the entire film. So yeah, I raise my voice at people I see reading the back of DVDs.

On the same note; DVD menus that have a montage of bits of the film playing in the background. WTF?! STOP SPOILING IT FOR ME! I have to scream and find "play movie" super-quick.

EDIT: A lot of things people are listing are just personality traits EVERYONE hates. pet peeves are weird little things that might not affect others, but you personally hate, I thought.

Trailers in cinema.

A lot of them show way too much about the plot and when it´s afilm I really want to see it´s hard to ignore it.

Usually I try to remember to bring my MP3 player with me and close my eyes and listen to some songs while some certain trailers play.

Also, people who call every single fucking MP3 player an Ipod!

It´s a trivial thing but when someone asks me what kind of Ipod I have I die a little on the inside.

Somewhat related - when I worked at Waitrose we weren't allowed to say "No problem" because it "Creates a problem"

????????????????????

I can explain that. It's psychological. It's like in a crisis situation, you are not supposed to say "there's nothing to be afraid of". Using negations of bad words has the opposite effect on the brain, as it subconsciously ignores the negation and focuses on the bad word, be it "problem" or "afraid" or whatever.

The Chinese actually use the same word for lend and borrow and they often make this mistake when speaking English.

Like in Danish.

I dunno if I have any pet peeves that are not common ...

Staffordshire Bull Terriers.:awesome:

They are the dog of choice for chav scum and they hang around with these dogs as if the dogs are actually something to be scared of... umm, no.

I dislike all fighting dogs and the chavs/men with small penises that usually own them.

Staffs get bad publicity. They are awesome dogs. They don't deserve to be owned by wankers like them.

Normal pet peeves for me include people pronouncing the 'H' in Birmingham (I find pronouncing it as 'Birminghum' is much worse than the yanks with 'Birming-Ham) or not pronouncing the 'N' (Birmiggum, AGH!), and also when I mention I'm from Birmingham, someone just has to say it in a shit imitation of the accent. (Like a certain someone did at the meet.)

I also abhor people who have their music on loud on a bus. I don't just mean a tinny sound from their headphones. I mean when it's on full blare out of their MP3 player/phone and it's some shitty, horrible, proper crap hip-hop or R'n'B.

I want to see a metalhead do that, with something like Opeth or Manowar blaring from their player. But they won't. Because metalheads aren't complete cunts...

What are your pet hates?

One of mine.

- People who pronounce "H" incorrectly.

- People who pronounce "H" incorrectly, and insist its the correct pronounciation.

Where im from, everyone ignores H's.

"I wa' 'avin' a drink with me mates, and e started causing trouble wi 'im."

People that refuse to say "Please" and "Thank you". It's called being fucking polite. Morons. Cannot stand serving people that don't say it when at work.
Its so easy to say please and thankyou, i even say them when its not necesary its drilled in so much.

Grammatical and linguistic errors. A main example being "Then I would of said ..."

*shudders*

This didnt bother me, untill moogle pointed it out a while ago. Now it annoys the hell out of me. Same with to-too and of-off.

Sometimes its a type, but you notice who does it when theyre posting.

And then people treat me like the social leper when I decide not to drink. "Come on, you can have one surely?" Fuck right off, there's a reason I don't drink, it's because drunk people are parasites and "only having one" achieves nothing.

My frieds understand when im not drinking, and most of my friends are out a lot.

I do sometimes have one, but its a psycological thing for me as it changes my mood to the same as the drinkers.

general black rapper talk ,

you cant relate to this but the way scumbags from limerick talk is horrible.

people who don't know how to text and resfuse to learn.

people who have a mobile and insist on keeping it at home

people who leave their phone on silent constantly..

meh theres loads.

I keep mine on silent, but it vibrates which is why.

I like to be the only one that knows when im being called, or texted.

Staffs get bad publicity. They are awesome dogs. They don't deserve to be owned by wankers like them.

Normal pet peeves for me include people pronouncing the 'H' in Birmingham (I find pronouncing it as 'Birminghum' is much worse than the yanks with 'Birming-Ham) or not pronouncing the 'N' (Birmiggum, AGH!), and also when I mention I'm from Birmingham, someone just has to say it in a shit imitation of the accent. (Like a certain someone did at the meet.)

I also abhor people who have their music on loud on a bus. I don't just mean a tinny sound from their headphones. I mean when it's on full blare out of their MP3 player/phone and it's some shitty, horrible, proper crap hip-hop or R'n'B.

I want to see a metalhead do that, with something like Opeth or Manowar blaring from their player. But they won't. Because metalheads aren't complete cunts...

Staffs do get bad rap, my mum has a lovely one.

Its scared to death of silly things, like plastic bags, and toy guns that bang.

Its the same when i say im from Barnsley. Theres always one who says "B-aaaaaaaa-rnsley?" Pisses me off, its not even how we say it FFS!

When people play it out loud its so annoying, I hate that too.

What I can't stand is when people question the things that I like as though I'm some kind of freak.

Especially when it comes to music. I get asked so many times, "why the hell do you listen to that music" and I just say "Because I like it?"

Whilst they are there listening to some awful rap because their friends think its good.

another hate - When I wake up in the middle of the night dying for a piss and it takes me ages to decided if I should just hold it in and try and get back to sleep or get up and go to the toilet.

I always end up going to the toilet after not being able to get back to sleep for a good half hour.