N-Europe

Pokémafia 3 - Turning Point

ReZourceman

As for me, didn't get anything useful last night but would like to know whether Cube's ability means he can disguise himself as either neutral or townie. It would appear so from what I received last night.

Essentially, last night I turned into a new character. Before the transformation I was neutral, but the transformation gave me new powers and a new alignment (which is good).

(And by good I mean "Townie")

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A gigantic blue Pokemon witnessed a suspicious Pokemon searching around in the ground.

I am the gigantic blue Pokemon, Wailord. I targeted Molly, and got a message saying Molly is evil. Molly is the suspicious Pokemon, and probably not Wigglytuff (I can see no reason why Wigglytuff would be searching in the ground - I don't think it can even learn Dig...).

And Molly has just tripped over herself by saying she blocked Ellmeister, when Zell has already claimed that he jailkept Ellmeister. What are the chances that they'd both target Ell, and only one of them would appear in the write-up? Don't you think it's a lot more probable that Molly is clutching at straws, and saw that Ell claimed to be RBed, and claimed she was responsible?

Zell it's your choice whether to target me tonight. Don't declare what you are going to do. If you target me, you save me from my potential imminent death. If you don't, I am vulnerable to harm.

However, if you target me, I won't be able to gather info, which doesn't really make much difference, because I'm 80% sure of who else is mafia - enough to make a strong case against them, and lynch them tomorrow.

And EEVILMURRAY, if you are the watcher, make sure to watch me, so you can see who tries to target me. Or watch Zell, because now he'll be a target too.

Or both of you could just do your own thing - I only aim to put doubts in the mafia's mind. (But realistically, you know what to do).

Coolness Bears should check out not_so_tiny.

And the psychic pokemon, you know who you are, should probably "align" themselves with whichever cleared townie (ie. Gizmo, Zell etc) you think is least likely to be attacked

Probably Gizmo, because he's depowered now, so the mafia won't in a million years attack him, and you'll be safe.

I am the gigantic blue Pokemon, Wailord. I targeted Molly, and got a message saying Molly is evil. Molly is the suspicious Pokemon, and probably not Wigglytuff (I can see no reason why Wigglytuff would be searching in the ground - I don't think it can even learn Dig...).

And Molly has just tripped over herself by saying she blocked Ellmeister, when Zell has already claimed that he jailkept Ellmeister. What are the chances that they'd both target Ell, and only one of them would appear in the write-up? Don't you think it's a lot more probable that Molly is clutching at straws, and saw that Ell claimed to be RBed, and claimed she was responsible?

Zell it's your choice whether to target me tonight. Don't declare what you are going to do. If you target me, you save me from my potential imminent death. If you don't, I am vulnerable to harm.

However, if you target me, I won't be able to gather info, which doesn't really make much difference, because I'm 80% sure of who else is mafia - enough to make a strong case against them, and lynch them tomorrow.

And EEVILMURRAY, if you are the watcher, make sure to watch me, so you can see who tries to target me. Or watch Zell, because now he'll be a target too.

Or both of you could just do your own thing - I only aim to put doubts in the mafia's mind. (But realistically, you know what to do).

Coolness Bears should check out not_so_tiny.

And the psychic pokemon, you know who you are, should probably "align" themselves with whichever cleared townie (ie. Gizmo, Zell etc) you think is least likely to be attacked

Probably Gizmo, because he's depowered now, so the mafia won't in a million years attack him, and you'll be safe.

She said she roleblocked EEVIL, not Ellmeister.

If you are 80% sure of who is mafia why not come out now before you may get killed or whatever and thus silenced?

Because I want the mafia to target me, so Coolness can investigate unharmed.

And I want the mafia to target me because I know Zell will protect me.

And I know that EEVILMURRAY will watch Zell, and that Zell will protect EEVILMURRAY, and that the Psychic pokemon will be safe from harm because Gizmo is really unlikely to be harmed.

Anyway, that's all irrelevant, because I know Zell knows that me getting info is more important than my survival.

But is it? I'm likely to get roleblocked, and their likely to attack someone else, so why target me at all?

But then, if I died, how would I present my case to the rest of the town tomorrow?

Of course, you understand, this whole monologue is nonsense and its only purpose is to give the townies a better idea of where they stand in the grand scheme of things, and to draw attention away from the blaringly obvious weakest link in the town's defenses...

She said she roleblocked EEVIL, not Ellmeister.

My bad.

Still, it doesn't change much - since she's pretty much been caught red-handed in the write-up.

And why would the town have another RBer? - we've already seen we had Huntail and Gorybas on or side...

Gah, I can never follow chairdriver when he really goes into mafia mode. Either he's figured a lot out, or he is completely pulling us around by our legs.

He's completely lost me, too.

Anyway, plenty of people have talked so it's time to Vote: Molly.

Ah, redirection, I hadn't thought of that. That puts a potentially large hole in my reasoning ... ¬_¬

Because of that, I'm going to withdraw my vote for now until we learn more.

This is all it takes to convince you to withdraw your vote?

Chair's reasoning seems sound, and the play he made with the above posts looks good. It basically stops the mafia from being able to predict what will happen tonight, by telling people what to do, and then not to, so that it could go either way. If Chair's mafia, he's got me fooled.

Anyway, I roleblocked Eevil last night because I thought his tracking ability seemed like mafia.

You're the one who exploded my ass?! Not very nice at all.

I'm not sure what everyone is thinking by the word tracking.

And EEVILMURRAY, if you are the watcher, make sure to watch me, so you can see who tries to target me.

See, my power can't do that.

Vote: Molly

The evidence is very compelling, and I'm a spiteful fuck.

This is all it takes to convince you to withdraw your vote?

Chair's reasoning seems sound, and the play he made with the above posts looks good. It basically stops the mafia from being able to predict what will happen tonight, by telling people what to do, and then not to, so that it could go either way. If Chair's mafia, he's got me fooled.

Uh, yeah? What's the problem with that? I had a sound reasoning with only small potential holes, but I hadn't considered the possibility of chair being redirected - a fairly large potential hole in my reasoning. You can't be surprised anymore that I won't vote unless I feel the case is sound.

And I agree with you about chair. I think he's good, but he completely lost me in his ramblings. His attempt to confuse the mafia has certainly confused me. :heh: My reasoning is that the mafia would still not falsely accuse a townie at this point in the game - it's simply too early. Thus I am willing to trust him as a townie, and since he has seemingly figured almost everything out by now, I am willing to trust his info as well.

So, do people believe Danny boy isn't mafia? He's "easy" to convince every time people give a reasoning to them not being mafia. I'm sticking with my vote. Chairdriver can thus show why he was wrong and we shouldn't lynch him the next day if we are wrong.

You all forget to look at the quality of the excuses. I wasn't convinced by the redirection theory, but it weakened my reasoning to the point where I didn't feel sure. Besides, if you absolutely want to look at voting patterns, how the heck does my voting pattern suggest I'm mafia? If I was mafia, do you think I would switch and withdraw votes as often as I do? :heh:

Vote Molly - 8 - Chairdriver, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Zell, Ellmeister, Gizmo, Nintendohnut, Cube, EEVILMURRAY

Majority is 10.

Players ; 19 ; Cube, SBAMBOT4000, Coolness Bears, Nintendohnut, Ganepark32, Eddage, Raining again, Dyson, Ellmeister, Paj Meen Ah, Zell, not_so_tiny, Chairdriver, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Eenuh, Gaggle64, EEVILMURRAY, Molly, Gizmo.

Uh, yeah? What's the problem with that? I had a sound reasoning with only small potential holes, but I hadn't considered the possibility of chair being redirected - a fairly large potential hole in my reasoning. You can't be surprised anymore that I won't vote unless I feel the case is sound.

And I agree with you about chair. I think he's good, but he completely lost me in his ramblings. His attempt to confuse the mafia has certainly confused me. :heh: My reasoning is that the mafia would still not falsely accuse a townie at this point in the game - it's simply too early. Thus I am willing to trust him as a townie, and since he has seemingly figured almost everything out by now, I am willing to trust his info as well.

You all forget to look at the quality of the excuses. I wasn't convinced by the redirection theory, but it weakened my reasoning to the point where I didn't feel sure. Besides, if you absolutely want to look at voting patterns, how the heck does my voting pattern suggest I'm mafia? If I was mafia, do you think I would switch and withdraw votes as often as I do? :heh:

You were ok with voting off Jonnas, but all it took was the "possibility" of Chair being redirected to remove your vote from Molly? I strongly suspect that the only reason you are voting again is due to the strength of Chairs arguement - you saw a potential way out, but it's gone, so you're forced to place a vote for another mafioso. If Molly is innocent, I'll believe you are too; if she isn't, I'll actually be close to placing a vote for you yourself.

You were ok with voting off Jonnas, but all it took was the "possibility" of Chair being redirected to remove your vote from Molly? I strongly suspect that the only reason you are voting again is due to the strength of Chairs arguement - you saw a potential way out, but it's gone, so you're forced to place a vote for another mafioso. If Molly is innocent, I'll believe you are too; if she isn't, I'll actually be close to placing a vote for you yourself.

Sigh ... And once again you manage to reassure me in my opinion that lynches based on voting patterns suck. I don't even remember exactly what the deal with Jonnas was, but there were very likely holes in my reasoning there, just as there was a hole in my reasoning here. This hole was brought to my attention, and thus I changed my vote.

There. A much more reasonable and logical conclusion than that paranoid one of yours.

The truth is, with my playing style, you'll always find me suspicious, and thus I'm in danger of being lynched in every game. :heh:

An egg Pokemon appeared as if by magic and stopped the attack, with a large flash of light and a squeak.

Nearby a squeak was heard as a thunderous roar ripped through the town. Rock tomb was used.

Rock Tomb is a silencing move yeah? In that case do we think it's the egg pokemon that has been silenced (since everyone seemed to ignore me before)?

Essentially, last night I turned into a new character. Before the transformation I was neutral, but the transformation gave me new powers and a new alignment (which is good).

(And by good I mean "Townie")

For what it's worth I have reason to believe this. It's not solid, but it fits a theory.

Damn, a protector gone. A shame that he revealed his role. :(

*talks from beyond the grave*

I have no regrets! anyway at least it seems to have served to move things along nicely, but now you are one protector less so if I was lynched then it's your loss... *shrugs* :heh:

Chair I've not been caught red handed at all, ''suspicious'' does not mean I'm Mafia. You've clearly been redirected to believe I'm evil, hence the suspicion. With regards to being on the ground, Wigglytuff's habitat is in vivid green plains and grassy fields, on the ground! You've set up a townie to fall Chair.

this evening I witnessed EEVILMURRAY stopped in its tracks by Molly.

Yes exactly! I told you I roleblocked Eevil last night. I told you all there is straight away.

Vote Molly - 10 - Chairdriver, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Zell, Ellmeister, Gizmo, Nintendohnut, Cube, EEVILMURRAY, Raining again, Dyson.

Majority has been reached. The town circled its opponent. It detonated itself, and the smoke cleared to reveal an evil presence. The town attacked.

dpmfa205.png

Molly is dead. She was Forretress, the roleblocking mafia member.

Players ; 18 ; Cube, SBAMBOT4000, Coolness Bears, Nintendohnut, Ganepark32, Eddage, Raining again, Dyson, Ellmeister, Paj Meen Ah, Zell, not_so_tiny, Chairdriver, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Eenuh, Gaggle64, EEVILMURRAY, Gizmo.

NIGHT FIVE

Get me your PMs. :)

Fingers pointed from side to side. PING. And mysterious things happened.

Darkness slowly slipped over the town. The fast red Pokemon witnessed a mysterious Pokemon with one eye, as it was attacked by its ally. From behind its back it saw a shadow fall over itself, blocking out the eerie glow of the moon. Scared stiff it turned around. A fall of rocks tumbled down. It squinted and flinched....but nothing happened. It slowly opened its eyes, and saw a mass of tiny bright eggs, blocking the rocks from encompassing it. A giant blue Pokemon left the scene before it witnessed the attack.

A water Pokemon lurched out! Drooooozm. Nothing happened.

Elsewhere.

Gulp.

Elsewhere.

A fossil Pokemon gazed into the sky with a steady eye. Gulp.

Elsewhere.

Gulp. Towards the outskirts of the town, a tiny Pokemon watched its target. It popped its head underground. It popped back up near its home, but it couldn't see anything at first, the above ground was as dark as below. As his pupils adjusted it looked up and saw its foe, a heavy wing came slamming down.

dpmfa050.png

EEVILMURRAY is dead. He was Diglet. The untraceable tracker. He was a townie.

Players ; 17 ; Cube, SBAMBOT4000, Coolness Bears, Nintendohnut, Ganepark32, Eddage, Raining again, Dyson, Ellmeister, Paj Meen Ah, Zell, not_so_tiny, Chairdriver, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Eenuh, Gaggle64, Gizmo.

Majority is 9.

DAY SIX

Edited by ReZourceman