Dyson

Xbox

call-of-duty-2-big-red-one-48283.876232.jpg

Gamecube

call-of-duty-2-big-red-one-20051017052609526_640w.jpg

Wii

116295.jpg

lol, that is utterly third rate.

I can't remember the last time I had to worry about games having bad graphics with the 360/PS3 tbh. I've been amazed by stand out ones, but never worried about lame ones.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the PS2 version of Resi Evil 4, probably the worst looking of the releases, and it still looks better than this does but then Resi Evil 4 still looks better than virtually every Wii game bar a select few.

Granted, the character models look decent enough, it's just the lack of detailing and overall polish are really not doing this any favours. I'm guessing that this hasn't had much time in development. I'd say Treyarch will have had only a couple of months to get the job done before release. So you could blame both developers and publisher, but I think the problem lies with Activision coming up with the idea at what must have been a very late stage.

lol, that is utterly third rate.

I can't remember the last time I had to worry about games having bad graphics with the 360/PS3 tbh. I've been amazed by stand out ones, but never worried about lame ones.

And it also helps to disguise crappy games.

Activision are scum.

And it also helps to disguise crappy games.

Yeah, totally. Just slather it with enough bloom to make your eyes implode and apply enough shine to make it look like every NPC has been laminated and you're there. :heh:

The Vegetation and Character models look awful. The character models probably would look better with nicer textures though. Otherwise, it doesn't look that bad. I think it will look decent enough in motion. The Screenshots don't look any worse than the W@W ones.

Edited by Emasher

You know, I was willing to let Activision off for the blatent easy cash-in that this was always supposed to be.

Now though, this is shocking. What a slap in the face. Treyarch have no story to compose, text to write, features to invent or balancing to test, all they have to do is make the thing look presentable.

So far.... EPIC FAIL.

Activision obviously just announced the game Treyarch perhaps were busy making something else when the CEO told them a month ago to make a modern warefare game for the Wii and needs to be done in 2 months time.

This game shouts out (We had fuck all time to make it!!!) Which is a damn shame.

Activision obviously just announced the game Treyarch perhaps were busy making something else when the CEO told them a month ago to make a modern warefare game for the Wii and needs to be done in 2 months time.

This game shouts out (We had fuck all time to make it!!!) Which is a damn shame.

Exactly. I really doubt they've been working on this since they finished W@W.

Edit:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17198462&postcount=426

No Wii Speak, or DLC, But it will have customizable controls (Like The Conduit). Otherwise they say its going to be as close to the original as possible, minus the graphics, and some of the online stuff (Voice Chat, Number of Players, ect.).

Edited by Emasher

Apparently, those are alpha-screens. Heard that one before, though... *cough*Conduit*cough*

Still, the lack of WiiSpeak is mindboggling. It's not a disease-spreading peripheral, is it? Why are developers so reluctant to implement it?

And I see the pointed-knee syndrome returns. They did a great job on WaW. Perhaps MW is that one step too far?

I hope the first footage can sway me, but at the moment it's a 'Thanks, but no thanks' for me. The problem is that it feels more like an interesting lab-experiment (Hmmm, AAA-next gen to Wii?).

They said the game isn't even at Beta yet. What's more all the game modes are going to be in, and the multiplayer is up to 10 from 8, so all in all, I'm looking forward to this.

I really enjoyed WAW on the Wii and as this will no doubt improve on it, I will be picking it up. As COD3 and CODWAW did over a million I hope this will too.

Its not really stripped down though, from what they're saying. They seem to be keeping in as much as they can. The online is obviously going to take a small hit because of Nintendo's system (although its Activision's fault for not using Wii Speak). The only thing that people seem to be not liking is the graphics. And the screenshots look very similar to the W@W screens for the Wii.

I want this to fail abysmally. I simply see this as nothing but a complete disgrace, I can't believe Wii owners are getting a stripped down 2 year ld port. Honestly, I just think it's appalling.

You know what? I'm in agreement!

We're getting a 2yr old game the same day it's sodding sequel comes out! That's a joke! If they sell this at full price it's also an insult!

Why couldn't they just let Treyarch handle Modern Warfare 2 for the Wii?! Why go for the first?!

Well Activision have come out and said that if Wii owners want Modern Warfare 2 on the Wii then they're gonna have to go out and buy this. I'm in no doubt that this will probably match W@W's sales but I just think it's disgusting that Activision are basically baiting us by saying we have to buy this in order to get the second one.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!