NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

What Have I Doooone Wrooooong?

I think in this instance regardless Cery should be the one forking out, you stated that you only managed to get the jacket when you went to take it round, which in my opinion is pretty decent of you considering Cery took the damn thing in the first place despite you telling her otherwise.

I wouldn't pay, I would feel guilty, but I wouldn't, you didn't take the jacket and the only reason he's trying to force you to pay is because he gave you your jacket, its not your fault if he can't get off his arse and contact Cery to ask for the money; you asked the girls specifically to give them the jacket back, but they only put it in the charity shop.

All liability is on Cery, not you.

THIS. Silly name too :blank:

I think in this instance regardless Cery should be the one forking out, you stated that you only managed to get the jacket when you went to take it round, which in my opinion is pretty decent of you considering Cery took the damn thing in the first place despite you telling her otherwise.

I wouldn't pay, I would feel guilty, but I wouldn't, you didn't take the jacket and the only reason he's trying to force you to pay is because he gave you your jacket, its not your fault if he can't get off his arse and contact Cery to ask for the money; you asked the girls specifically to give them the jacket back, but they only put it in the charity shop.

All liability is on Cery, not you.

In fairness, he did ask me if I could maybe ask me and the girls to pool money together. But, again, he said this was my responsibility, and he's not contacted any of the girls as far as I know.

I wouldn't be too happy if he does ask Cerys for money anyway, because he could've quite easily gone and collected it anyway, or arranged it with Cerys. They're probably better friends than I am to him.

Fucking people!

If anyone is to blame, it seems to be the girls. They knew it was his jacket and seemed to have thrown it aside, otherwise they would've noticed it when packing the crap to cart off to the charity shop.

If anyone is to blame, it seems to be the girls. They knew it was his jacket and seemed to have thrown it aside, otherwise they would've noticed it when packing the crap to cart off to the charity shop.

Also, 'the girls' implies there was more than 1. You would have expected for at least one of them remember. Quite a few people at fault of stupidity in this case.

The mistake you made is agreeing to get the jacket back to him in the first place. You should have left it to the person who took the jacket. If you agreed to this guy that you'd get this jacket back to him then i can kinda see how it's your fault that he hasn't got it, you didn't make sure that he got it back. If you left it in the care of other people after agreeing to get it back to him then that is your problem really. I wouldn't say you're the one owe him the money back though, the responsibility for it going missing is with the people you left it with.

Also, 'the girls' implies there was more than 1. You would have expected for at least one of them remember. Quite a few people at fault of stupidity in this case.

I dunno, packing to move house could lead to it. Particularly if there's several people. They may all presume its someone else's until theres a collection of unwanted/unclaimed junk that just gets bagged up and sent off. I feel its plausible.

The mistake you made is agreeing to get the jacket back to him in the first place. You should have left it to the person who took the jacket. If you agreed to this guy that you'd get this jacket back to him then i can kinda see how it's your fault that he hasn't got it, you didn't make sure that he got it back. If you left it in the care of other people after agreeing to get it back to him then that is your problem really. I wouldn't say you're the one owe him the money back though, the responsibility for it going missing is with the people you left it with.

This.

Though yeah, your post cleared stuff up(and it wasn't really all that long). I say...do not pay the money and continue with desmonding/other online entertainingsings yourself up. Could there even be a possibility of the guy trying to sting you for some cash? Regardless of jacketings. Maybe his friend Seb is blaming HIM for it, and pressuring him for monies and he's taking it out on you. Something IS a bit fishy that I can't quite place, but maybe I'm just presuming things off what other people have said here.

If I were you in your boat(tho I'm unsure I'd have got there, but I can see how it happened), I'd probably just tell him to go fuck himself, if he wants to be a douche about it it's upto him but he sounds like nothing significant really. Of course, you're gonna have to be wary of any possible repercussions, he might be a secret psycho!

Life can be a second-hand jigsaw puzzle: sometimes no matter how you lay the pieces out the picture still doesn't look right.

Stop questioning yourself. If you don't think you're in the wrong then stick to your guns. Sure I can see where the other guy is coming from, but rather than you being in the wrong I'm fairly certain he's applying pressure because he views you as the path of least resistance; a nonconfrontational person that's more acquaintance than friend, by the sounds of things at least, and as an added bonus he only has to face your words.

This person isn't trying to find the guilty party, all he wants is to have the money sorted; he's looking for the easiest resolution, not the most just. Make it clear you won't pay and he'll leave alone. What choice does he have?

Tell him to piss up a rope, and quit talking. You've made your case.

The Jacket technically has an unknown owner, you didn't take it except for all of the time needed for a walk to the next road over and back. The responsibility to do that never truly should have fallen on you, you took it upon yourself to try and be nice. You made the attemp, and returned the jacket to those who originally took it and were staying in town longer than you. You notified both parties of the situation, at which point it becomes their own damn fault that they didn't contact the girls and either go get it or have it brought over. I don't recall you saying in any of your posts that you would "make sure it was returned" the fact that you tried to return it and are still being civil about this just shows you're a good person.

If he was that bothered about the jacket he would have made sure he got it back, imo. Just ignore them and they'll back down.

This sounds like an excellent case for this gentleman

jerry-springer.jpg

Seriously all that over a flippin jacket. Don't pay anything at all, it isn't your fault you were only doing what you thought was right. It is partially in a way Jacks fault for mistaking your jacket for his and the girls fault for picking up a random jacket when you said hand it over to lost property.

Ollie should see this and not be ranting at you, but at the girls who if they have handed the jacket in to charity should fork out the £70 required for Jack to purchase a new jacket. You, my friend are in the right.

Anyway, technically it's the other guys fault, if he had checked more carefully before picking up Jim's jacket instead then this whole mess could have been avoided; I mean shit... sure it was a place where no doubt a reasonable amount of alcohol would have been consumed but even so, it's still not that hard to distinguish your own jacket from someone elses especially as he should have known where he was sitting at the table.

How do you even know that it's actually his jacket?

THIS... it's a valid point, though I'd guess it would be the other guys jacket seeing as he took Flink's and I'm guessing they both would have been sat at the same table, still though as I said before if the other guy had just paid a bit more attention then all of this could have been avoided.

I personally think your next response should just be "Small claims court is that way. Bye"

It seems like you tried your hardest to get it back to him, but were let down by the girls taking the jacket/not giving it to you untill the last minute/giving it away and the other chap not replying to you in a timely fashion. None of which is your fault.

Just walk right up to his face and say:

"Sue me, dickhead"

Wrap a wet towel round your head for maximum effect.

Just walk right up to his face and say:

"Sue me, dickhead"

Wrap a wet towel round your head for maximum effect.

Actually, he has a valid and funny point. :awesome:

If he was that bothered about the jacket he would have made sure he got it back, imo. Just ignore them and they'll back down.

Yeah this is truth - Flink was actually bothered enough to go claim his.

Don't back down. Unfortunate that you had to lose some "friends" along the way, but really, when you think about it, were they actually your friends at all?

Doing something like that isn't the behaviour of a friend.

No way are you paying him £70. You're not responsible for him taking the wrong jacket home.

If no one had taken his jacket, but he had realised he had yours, he'd still have given yours back and been without his. So the fact he almost got it back doesn't really matter. It must be pretty infuriating that someone gave his jacket to charity but he should have looked after it better.

Completely back out from the situation, you were doing HIM a favour by going round with the jacket, but he wasn't there so you took it back to Cerys who claimed it when she left that night. If he wants to ask her to pay that's his business.

A most long and complex situation. To sum up:

You=not at fault

Other people=at fault

So the solutions are:

a). Stand your ground, you may however piss a few people off, but they're being nobbers.

b). Get in contact with the girls and explain the situation. Like you said maybe try and find the charity shop or maybe get them to convince the nobites that you shouldn't pay the money. It would be good to get some allies to back up your side of the story.

c). Compromise and go to a charity shop. Find a half decent cheap jacket and offer it as a gift.

d). Pay out.

Buy him an new jacket from a charity shop to shut him up. Equivalent exchange then he can't complain.

Buy him an new jacket from a charity shop to shut him up. Equivalent exchange then he can't complain.

I think he would, the man seems out for money - not his jacket. So buying him a ten quid jacket to replace his seventy quid jacket might not be the best idea.

Beside flinky doesn't owe that idiot jack shit! :indeed: