N-Europe

Top 10 Hardest Games

flameboy

Used to have Bart VS The Juggernauts on the gameboy and Krusty's fun house...either of them to?

Hmm I think it was the first one. Was that the one with the insanely hard basketball level. I think I never got past that and it may have been the first level. Not sure. Don' think I want to remember either.

Nothing wrong with the games on that list but

super ghouls and ghosts is a good addition

Super mario lost levels as well..

Agreed on lost levels and maximo is like a 3d super ghouls and ghosts so could be included too. But yeah the list seems complete but maybe 10 isn't enough to cover the hard games that need mentioning.

Nothing wrong with the games on that list but

super ghouls and ghosts is a good addition

Super mario lost levels as well..

Yeah I expected ghouls and ghosts to be on it...

Hmm I think it was the first one. Was that the one with the insanely hard basketball level. I think I never got past that and it may have been the first level. Not sure. Don' think I want to remember either.

Agreed on lost levels and maximo is like a 3d super ghouls and ghosts so could be included too. But yeah the list seems complete but maybe 10 isn't enough to cover the hard games that need mentioning.

Yep thats the one where u were on a kind of chess board and had to get to the end and score in the net... Had another insane skateboard level and a really hard event a bit like the duel on gladiators...

It worked like a gameshow where you'd have a set number of challenges for each week of the show, the best I could do was the 2nd week sometimes the 3rd from what I remember...might have to dig it out...

I don't get you?

I'm sure he means that a lot of old games (such as many 2D platformers) were to be played through in one go with a limited amount of continues and a lot of the time it was a process of learning the levels better with each play to get further each time and eventually to the very end! Therefore, I guess he is implying that they were made difficult in order to increase the amount of times you would need to play to succeed..

Anyway, last month I went through some severe gaming punishment with the completion of Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels (VC), Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure (DS) and, to a lesser extent, the SNES version of F-Zero (VC). Plenty more games have met their end in the last few weeks, but those stand out as the most challenging and deadly :eek:

I don't get you?

Shouldn't that be a statement instead of a question? And if it is a question, are who are you asking if you get Choze or not?

Anywho, it is hard to disagree with that list, but others do deserve to be there.

Games like Mega Man 9 aren't hard. They're unfair.

Truth :( I got to that last bit... y''know the bit that's basically five hard levels that you've got to clear in ONE GO I really felt that it would be doable if they had put check-points in between each levels but as it was, it was just too unforgiving.

Games like Mega Man 9 aren't hard. They're unfair.

Only unfair by modern standards though. Of course that is all you can mark them by. The thing is with Mega Man, if you are super hardcore and learn all the patterns etc...It becomes easy to a point. To a normal player though they can seem unjust, gruelling, punishing and as you put it unfair.

Any games like that can be beaten to a point if you learn the patterns yes, Ikaruga is doable, I've completed it a few times, not on the harder difficulties mind but it was still all down to practice but Megaman 9... towards the end it just takes the piss by any standards regardless of era. :heh:

Ah Ikaruga. Haven't played you in awhile but it's definitely one of the hardest games I've ever played. Think my best effort was getting to the boss on the 3rd level but got spanked heavily but that one and was game over very quickly. Did manage to get all the way up to the second boss without lossing a life though which I was impressed with.

And I agree with the other entries as well.

I only beat Galaxyman on Megaman9 and only reached the third boss on Ikaruga. Megaman is incredebly frustating once you start to get achievements for killing 500 enemies and still haven't beat any of the robot masters.

Metal Slug 3 however I didn't have much problem.