N-Europe

Backloggery

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

October's first beaten game: Blue Shadow (NES)

Speaking of backlogs, I'm on a friggin' roll of awesome. Last month, beat / completed a total of 21 games! : o My new policy is to complete even the shitty / out-dated games, even if it means playing on the easiest difficulty or using cheats (haven't had to use the latter yet). Quicksave functions help a lot too, it's really a shame the Wii Virtual Console doesn't have that...Anyway, nice to see the credits and then be done with a game.

Still got 110 unfinished games waiting there for me...well, bring it on!

• 3 months later...

So it's the end of the year which makes me nice stats reading on Backloggery. One thing is obvious I'm beating more games than ever my stats have risen year by year...

2010 - Beat 29 Complete 2

2011 - Beat 40 Complete 3

2012 - Beat 43 Complete 2

Now this doesn't mean I'm playing games for longer...because if I look some of the games I've beaten are short as hell. Also I bought a hell of a lot of games last year 97!!! Now I've had a pretty lean year and by no means balling in the cash world. So I've realised a few key things contributed to this figure; Game/Gamestation's demise and the bargains to be got there,PS+ and it's never ending stream of games, Indie Bundles (soooo many good games dished out this time), also the rise of free games (Mega Man X Streetfighter anyone?)

To summarise I basically plan on buying 3 games this first half of the year:

Dishonoured (one game from back end of last year I really want to get)

Bioshock Infinite

GTA 5

Then it's waiting for the new consoles to come a calling and clearing this hellish Backlog (321 games!) that has built up I expect my figures to be more like beat 90 acquired 10. Or something.

How's everyone else feel about their Backloggery achievements over the year?

What matters to me is how the percentage goes. Seeing as I've been slowly trimming what games I'm not interested in beating in the first place, the stats are eskewed a little bit.

Still, steady improvement throughout the years. Not bad.

Yeah true the percentage is perhaps a fairer indicator. I do keep thinking of going and slotting games either to unplayed/neutral that I will never play/beat to wipe them out.

Oh crap.

I put a few games on my Christmas/Birthday list, thinking i'd get bought a couple and somehow ended up with all of them.

So now i have:

Far Cry 3

GTA IV

Prototype

Halo 4

Lego Harry Potter 1-4 Wii

To add to my backlog. Bear in mind that since Christmas, i've had the grand total of 1 hour to play games. It's going to take me aaaaaages to get through those!

I got a small pile of games built up, got 1 or two arcade titles to still clear (namely both episodic Sonic titles). Console games, i got the following

NBA 2K13

Halo 4

Assassins Creed III

Witcher II (nearly done)

Skyrim (so much joy)

Kid Icarus: Uprising

New Super Mario Bros 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

man with this months influx of nintendo games my backlog has increased exponentially

I have play/finish;

Monster hunter 3 ultimate

Luigi's mansion 2

Lego City

Grandia (on vita)

Final fantasy 9 (on vita)

Gravity Rush

Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Assasin's creed 3

Darksiders 2

NSMBU

but due to selling my 360, i also have the following games i never finished on it to rebuy and refinish

Mass Effect 3 (which will technically require a replay of 1 through to 3, the alternative is to buy it cheap for wiiU and finish then start a new character on the ps3 trillogy)

Skyrim

Dark Souls

Batman Arkham City

and i never finished New Vegas on my PC....

i'm screwed i can't play all of these

• 3 months later...

Been looking through my games list trying to figure out what needs completing. I'm terrible at going through these though, keep ending up playing games that I've already completed before.

PS3

Assassin's Creed II

Valkyria Chronicles

Yakuza 4

Catherine

Resident Evil 5

Persona 4 Arena

Ni No Kuni

3DS

Fire Emblem Awakening

Luigi's Mansion 2

PC

A New Beginning - Final Cut

Back to the Future Episodes 3-5

Cthulhu Saves the World

Lego Batman 2

Psychonauts

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Far Cry 3

FEZ

Fable - Lost Chapters

May as well add to my list

New Super Mario Bros U

Monster Hunter III Ultimate

Luigi's Mansion 2

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Tomb Raider

I need to get said foot out of ones backside.

How did you not finish Assissin's Creed II...

Having not noticed this thread before I have to think over on this one. I don't think I have too many unfinished games though, 1-5 on every console, except for PS3 and its horrendous Plus feature.

I want to make a list like Cube has, but the sheer amount of games that has to be added, completed or not, makes me dizzy. I would finish adding games in 2047.

How did you not finish Assissin's Creed II...

Having not noticed this thread before I have to think over on this one. I don't think I have too many unfinished games though, 1-5 on every console, except for PS3 and its horrendous Plus feature.

I want to make a list like Cube has, but the sheer amount of games that has to be added, completed or not, makes me dizzy. I would finish adding games in 2047.

I just got halfway through and while I had enjoyed it up to that point, I was just starting to get a bit bored, finding it a bit samey. I'll get back to it at some point though.

I've recently refined my list, marking a ton as "NA" as I either have no plans on ever touching the game again, or I simply don't have it.

I'm also only adding PS+ games once I've played a decent amount.