N-Europe

Michael Jackson Dead

ReZourceman

It just seems odd. I have laughed at a few jokes and told a few. I still am pretty gutted about it, which is odd... first time I've been upset by a celeb death. But... on these forums I seem to remember that anything bad said in an RIP thread was always frowned upon, but for Jacko... jokes are okay.

Seems odd, maybe that sums up the end of Michael Jackson., though.

I dunno, I actually have no problem with the jokes. I know people may find it distasteful, but I've almost never found anything sacred when it comes to humour. As long as nothing harmful is meant by it, I see no problem.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit late to the party but yeah, terribly saddened about this. A tragic loss of one of the most genius musician/dancers/singers of our era. Just forget about his personal life and remember him for the music and the joy he brought the world through song.

In theory MJ has been 'dead' in the water for about ten years now but his Martyrdom (sp?) is now complete.

He was a part of my childhood (no jokes please :p) and I'll miss the guy. There isn't enough mental off the rails genious in the music industry anymore.

All we have is shallow pop fodder. Gah!

Arguably the Elvis of our generation. R.I.P MJ. :(

I dunno, I actually have no problem with the jokes. I know people may find it distasteful, but I've almost never found anything sacred when it comes to humour. As long as nothing harmful is meant by it, I see no problem.

I completely agree, I don't think there should be a line when it comes to humour. I just find it interesting how the jokes are allowed in this thread while in other dead celeb threads they're not.

So... If this drug story turns out to be true... Then... I'm kind of less upset. Harsh?

I'm still in a bit of shock yet at the same time I feel the full impact has yet to hit me, seeing the news headline when I turned on Sky News yesterday morning was just so sureal, I couldn't believe it was real or understand what I was seeing.

Michael Jacksons songs are some of my favs (and odd for me I guess given that my musical tastes tend to be the likes of Iron Maiden & Metallica and such, but in my youth Michael's songs are likely the very first I ever heard and always kept a likeing to them even as I moved to the heavy metal and rock genres.

I went and tried to put things into words in a video... don't think I fully expressed things though, still in a bit of shock I guess

there is a small chance he could have faked his own death somhow, its not impossible?

anyway shame he died like this, its the media's fault he died so young. but the last 24 hours have been constant news on this every channel almost. i bet the queen would get less coverage if she died.

I would hope so. She's done way less compared to him. Actually, I can barely think of any sort of achievement she's made.

You're an idiot.

I thought most of the people here were also of that opinion?

You're an idiot.

What has the queen actually done to make her more important?

You're an idiot.

what? the queen has done fuck all

You're an idiot too.

My question is though, what has the queen done for the world?

You're still an idiot.

The Royal Family, and specifically the Queen Mother and Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II are the best form of diplomatic envoys we have. Frosty foreign relations? Send in one of the senior Royals: it pimpsmacks the other country into thinking we respect them and things get better.

Let's not forget as well that they and their residences draw a great deal of tourists to the capital which helps the London economy.

Plus the Royal Consort is just about the best and funniest guy in the world when it comes to gaffes.

As for Michael Jackson, it is indeed a terrible loss for the musical world. I regret never seeing him live,

I thought most of the people here were also of that opinion?

We are, but she's our Queen. That's like coming into your house and insulting the decor. Sure it may be shit, but it's rude to point it out. :grin:

And as for the Queen bringing in tourism, a giant statue of fornicating unicorns or an inflatable Labyrinth the size of Kent complete with a jelly David Bowie would probably have the same effect.

On a serious note, how does she herself create tourism? Surely it's the castles that do it. It's not like they actually get to meet/see her.

Back to the Jackson. I have no problem with the jokes about him. If I died I would have no problem people making funnies (providing they weren't said to my family/friends obviously).

In the papers today, all the headlines were about the police questioning MJs doctor. Apprently there was some suspicion about the medication he/she gave the Jacko.

Back to the Jackson. I have no problem with the jokes about him. If I died I would have no problem people making funnies (providing they weren't said to my family/friends obviously).

I actually plan on having many potentially dark jokes in my funeral speech. I can't stand the atmosphere at funerals, so at mine I at least want to lighten the mood.

The Royal Family, and specifically the Queen Mother and Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II are the best form of diplomatic envoys we have. Frosty foreign relations? Send in one of the senior Royals: it pimpsmacks the other country into thinking we respect them and things get better.

We have frosty relations all over the place! Why haven't we sent the Queen in?

So he was living on drugs to kill the pain according to the papers. Pretty sad :(

Yeah :/ he was on quite a large cocktail apparently due to breaking several bones on stage seems he became dependant on them, apparently the heart attack was brought on by one of the drugs he'd been given, pretty sad really. :(

According to the paper, his doctor gave him a high dose of morphine, and his breathing just got slower and slower then stopped. The doc had the paramedics work on him for an hour and refused to let them call the coroner.

I'm sure they did everything they could to save him, I even heard that they worked on him for two hours before giving up... but you've gotta wonder, if he was given maybe a slightly lesser dose of morphine woul he have lived and then carried on for a good while longer, or maybe it was inevitable that it would happen soon anyway...

It's just really sad... he was only 50. :/

I'm sure they did everything they could to save him, I even heard that they worked on him for two hours before giving up... but you've gotta wonder, if he was given maybe a slightly lesser dose of morphine woul he have lived and then carried on for a good while longer, or maybe it was inevitable that it would happen soon anyway...

It's just really sad... he was only 50. :/

Living on those sorts and quantities of painkillers long term is only ever going to lead to death tbh. :sad: