N-Europe

What would win in a fight between a dinosaur and a whale?

Dyson

Well?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a dinosaur (what a loose term, there are about as many different types of dinosaur as there are...animal..), if we assume they're carniverous, would beat a whale on land. That's obvious.

But then depending on the dinosaur, in the sea is questionable. The whale couldn't really do much except swallow it, but the dinosuar would survive/tear it's way out (assuming this is a sea-dwelling dinosaur).

So "dinosuars" win.

What a stupid question.

The post you are about to read was made under the assumption that the dinosaur in question was a Tyranosaurus, or at least a similar reptile in both anatomy and size.

Considering this is a fair deathmatch among beasts, I will presume that stalling tactics will be considered dishonorable. Thus, the following analisys shall be constructed upon the assumption that the dinosaur will not patiently and endlessly wait for the whale to come to land, or vice-versa.

That said, considering that it is quite impossible for the whale to climb to land before the dinosaur dives into the sea, we may easily conclude that the battle takes place in the ocean.

However, while the whale sports a notorious tactical advantage, it also sports a mouth effectively incapable of significantly injuring a larger opponent, leaving a single attack method: The Ram.

The Ram is a notoriously effective attack method against an opponent like the dinosaur, yet it leaves an opening in the whale's defenses, due to a rather simple fact: the sharp claws and teeth of the vicious prehistoric predator cannot possibly be avoided at this point. The whale's slippery skin is not enough to prevent the bites and scratches of this fierce, scaly beast (even if it helps in reducing the damage).

At this point, it becomes a battle of endurance between the two behemoths, where the whale will eventually emerge victorious, due to the superior eyesight in oceans.

There is, however, yet another factor that enters this equation: the ramming attacks move the battle in different directions, and this property of the attack can be explored, allowing the clash to move into a specific zone, chosen by the contestants.

While it may initially seem that this choice is up to the whale (who can choose the direction in which to hit The Ram), it is actually up to the target: the dinosaur. Why, you may ask? It is quite simple: The Ram is a mentally draining move, as it causes headaches, thus the whale easily loses its otherwise excellent sense of direction.

This odd drawback allows the dinosaur to trick the aquatic mammal into driving the fight where it would be most beneficial: the shore. The low depth of the sea will wear down the whale, and eventually stop it dead in its tracks when the tide lowers.

The whale, left with no means to go back to deep sea, becomes easy prey for the dinosaur, who will move on to claim its victory.

Winner: Dinosaur

:(

It's a relatively obscure reference I guess

I didn't even realise it was a reference. It's just that I'm autistic myself. ;)

Chuck-Norris.jpg

This guy would win, hands down.

But a more important question to be raised is who would win between..................

Chuck Norris and Darth Vader!!!

Darth Vader? Come one, the REAL question is: Who would win in a fight between Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer?