Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just not bothered. They're people like the rest of us. I have to respect their choice to stand out and "be weird". They're not even troublemakers, they just want to live their lives like they choose.

Gotta agree with you there. All the local people seemed quite supportive of them which was nice.

Wasn't there a strong likelihood that that one kid killed someone's dog?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-6146989-504083.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-6146989-504083.html

Well, she was in possession of its skull, which she had cleaned, but she claims that it was a roadkill that she found. If she is such a big fan of wolves and canines, as she says herself, it doesn't make much sense for her to want to kill it. I have no clue, but I have a small suspicion she's being framed by people who don't understand her lifestyle choice. Some articles seem quite judgmental to me, and despite her choices she deserves the benefit of the doubt just like any other person. Otherwise we're back in the days of the witch trials.

Fuck that, it's the first step to Furries becoming socially acceptable. The next thing you know, people will be wearing Sonic the Hedgehog branded fleshlites instead of underwear.

But seriously, it's not that it's offensive, just seems like they're completely oblivious to social embarrassment. Hell, I couldn't even watch the video for being so damn embarrassed for them. I reserve the right to refute any claims that this is ironic coming from me.

But seriously, it's not that it's offensive, just seems like they're completely oblivious to social embarrassment.

I'm with Danny on this one. If people were consistently embarrassed to do different things in public, culture wouldn't change and evolve.

Man creates software that blocks news about Justin Bieber, angers thousands of tweens

Alex, 15, wrote: "I just wanted to give you the heads-up that you will have MANY people that are enraged with you. I'm talking 5,000,000. Me included.

"I realise that you're just stating an opinion, but what you're doing is going back to World War II all over again. Hitler wanting to erase Jews from society - you want to erase Justin Bieber."

Apparently Bieber is a race unto his own now.

So, why exactly are they so pissed about a program they can just choose not to install?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

- Edmund Burke

They don't want to see the death camps again, Danny.

Treblieber.

I'm sure there's a joke about the whole Guy is a Nazi + Beiber not knowing what German is. I just can't think what it is yet.

I am loving the killing millions of Jews/blocking news of Justin Beiber through a piece of optional software comparison though.

Edited by Goafer

I'm with Danny on this one. If people were consistently embarrassed to do different things in public, culture wouldn't change and evolve.

There's a difference between challenging cultural and social norms and throwing every conceivable fetish at the wall and seeing what sticks. Hell, I'm the first person to disregard any faux pas, but I haven't had a fucking frontal lobotomy so I still feel like I need to call into question what kind of imperative causes these fools to do what they do.

Culture should evolve in a natural manner, rather than because of some childish need these people have to differentiate themselves in the most absurd ways from the crowd. What are they adding to culture? Sticking tinsel to your tail bone and wearing black lipstick just strikes me as a (Patrick Bateman-esque) fantasy, pretty much on par with the way people in the 50's used to dress up as Frodo, to break from the monotony of their pathetic lives.

It would even be fine if these people had some sort of cogent ideology behind their ostentation, but it doesn't look like they do.

Of course, it doesn't harm anyone, but still, I'm pretty incapable of comprehending it; even emo was comprehensible, because underneath the social existence was a music scene, but with these teen wolves; nothing. And if someone says: "Twilight," I'll say it's pretty pathetic to base your immediately perceptible existence on one of the most overrated pieces of hormone exploiting trash ever written...

See, I just want people do be able to do whatever the hell they please (provided they don't hurt anyone, of course) without other people trying to tell them what they can and can't do. I understand their need to break social norms and actually living out what they want to do while completely disregarding other people's judgement. I don't see why they necessarily need to add anything to culture or have some ideology behind them. What if they just really like werewolves?

I don't think the suggestion is that they should be made to stop. That would be completely against western values. I think what people are more saying is that this pushing what is normal for people to do to when they're "rebelling" against society. There's nothing wrong about them doing this, but there's also nothing wrong with people speaking out against it. They have a right to freedom of expression, but at the say time, they're wearing fake tails to school.

I don't think the suggestion is that they should be made to stop. That would be completely against western values. I think what people are more saying is that this pushing what is normal for people to do to when they're "rebelling" against society. There's nothing wrong about them doing this, but there's also nothing wrong with people speaking out against it. They have a right to freedom of expression, but at the say time, they're wearing fake tails to school.

Hm, I'm not sure exactly what your point it. They're definitely pushing boundaries, but I personally believe that to be a good thing.

Boundaries have been pushed since the beginning of recorded time. All good things have once been bad things and vice versa. What these fools are doing is retarded. Feel ok in admitting their unfettered stupidity. You don't have to pander to liberal ideals when you know in your soul that you would rather look at goatse than these fools =p.

I was joking dude, hence the "=p". But still, I feel that when every option is available, people refuse to think carefully about their choices. In fact, people make demonstrably poorer choices the more things they have to choose from. I just think that a little social judgement isn't misplaced. I respect the fact that you don't judge these people, it's an admirable trait. In fact, this shit is so thoroughly unimportant that I resent it taking up my fucking time.

Check this shit out, it's way cool:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!