Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

Anybody know if its possible to cancel a bid on ebay?

I was looking for a mickey mouse outfit and I'm now 6minutes away from buying Liverpool!

Haha, that's one of those jokes where I laughed and took an intake of breath at the same time. Like when you're watching a game and the other team takes a shot at your goal that just goes narrowly wide. "hooooooo."

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The situation seems to be though that United are liked with half the population however also have no money.

The way of the modern era fan. In saying that I don't blame glory hunters I blame the Glazers or the idiots who let the Glazers take over.

Edited by Ramar

Chelsea were awesome today. Helped them that we were only playing 4 of our 'normal' first team though. Injury has obliterated our season after a cracking start. :(

Kind weird situation for us.

We've shipped 27 (!) players out since Bruce took over (as R.Keane had a LOT of poor signings) and now we are left with a bare-bones squad. Kinda frustrating but I'm sure we will be OK. Looking forward to seeing us play a consistent squad some time in the near future!

Kinda like Brum who have played sooo many games with an unchanged squad. Quite important in my opinion. Especially when building a team.

I would moan about Liverpool today but unfortunately its pretty much what I was expecting.

One of the worst things about Liverpool lately isnt even the fact that our form is shite, its that its just not fun to watch them anymore. I still watch all the matches that are on tv but I dont look forward to them and it annoys me a bit that its come to that.

With Sol Campbell signed for the rest of the season, who will make way? Maybe he'll be a back-up.

Senderos will be off, it's been on the cards for 18 months now and he came out and told the press he wants to leave. Good luck to him, his first two seasons at the club were great but he went off the boil.

Hopefully we'll get rid of Silvestre in the summer, then have either Bartley or Ayling move up to the first squad. If we have Djourou fit he's more than enough cover.

Looking forward to seeing us play a consistent squad some time in the near future!

Kinda like Brum who have played sooo many games with an unchanged squad. Quite important in my opinion. Especially when building a team.

Brum are doing great, i just hope they don't waste the money at their disposal just for the sake of spending it, and end up buying some prima donnas who fuck up the chemistry of their team.

The players they've got have all put in decent shifts for the team so far this season, and you can't really ask for more than that.. even if your low on form / confidence you can still chase down the opposition and cause them problems.. and each player on the team does just that, you never seem to see them just give up.

I really wish i could say the same thing about West Brom :(

It pains me quite a bit to see Blues doing so well. But I should have expected it after they got a new owner.

Blues were never going to go further than just top-flight also-rans under the old regime; they were incompetent, and just didn't seem to do what was best for the club - a bit like Doug Ellis. Now, they have a new owner and a good squad that's found their form and are currently doing very well under a decent manager.

To see Blues doing well is actually good for the city, as it means Birmingham now has two good clubs. If both teams continue this good run, then I expect the next Second City Derby in April to be an absolutely cracking game.

You could at least spell it how it was before? :indeed:

I want to spit; It disgusts me when non-Villa fans sit on The Holte End. It isn't right.

Doug Ellis or North End, I'd be fine with. Not so much on the Trinity Road. But no-no to your kind on The Holte End.

Yeah, well, I'm going. I have a very good friend who is a strict Villa fan and he invited me so I could actually see him before I move back to Aus. Assuming from what you wrote that you are therefore a huge fan and will be at the game?

Good gravy! That Liverpool match was atrocious! I have never seen a team with fewer creative ideas against supposedly inferior opposition.

Hoof the ball!

... no that didn't work... erm...

Hoof the ball!

...oh, damn... I know!

Hoof the ball!

Good gravy! That Liverpool match was atrocious! I have never seen a team with fewer creative ideas against supposedly inferior opposition.

Hoof the ball!

... no that didn't work... erm...

Hoof the ball!

...oh, damn... I know!

Hoof the ball!

Haha. I was watching that game and told my brother that if Stoke keep banging balls into the box, they'll get something eventually. They had 10 corners that game. For most of them, Pepe Reina was the only Liverpool player attacking the ball, so I had a feeling that if Stoke were going to get something, it would be from there.

The United game against Burnley was pretty entertaining I thought. Burnley had some great chances, but couldn't finish. On another day, we probably would have drawn that game. How we managed to score 3 times is beyond me, but once that first goal came I think it helped the team relax, somewhat. Also, bluddy hell, Valencia is now seemingly crucial to our attacks. I thought him and Berbatov were great today. (except Berba should have buried that chance he had just before the goal. He did the hard part fine.)

Also, I was in the gym and let out a wohoo when I saw that Everton had beaten City. :)

Noodleman won't like me saying this but I'm chuffed Norwich got some revenge for the 7-1 stuffing Colchester gave them at the start of the season. Though Colchester have themselves to blame for the majority of Norwich's five goals today.

Noodleman won't like me saying this but I'm chuffed Norwich got some revenge for the 7-1 stuffing Colchester gave them at the start of the season. Though Colchester have themselves to blame for the majority of Norwich's five goals today.

Just wondering, when you hear of other team's results, do you associate them with forum members? I do. Whenever I hear Colchester now I think "Noodle-munnn!"

That day, my arse tensed up during each of those 7 goals they conceded against Preston.

Just wondering, when you hear of other team's results, do you associate them with forum members? I do. Whenever I hear Colchester now I think "Noodle-munnn!"

That day, my arse tensed up during each of those 7 goals they conceded against Preston.

I've got to admit I do, the sad bugger I am sometimes can't wait to get online to see peoples reactions. And not just for this forum. :red:

I've got to admit I do, the sad bugger I am sometimes can't wait to get online to see peoples reactions. And not just for this forum. :red:

Haha, I'm the same. Football isn't fun if you can't rant and rave about it to someone, though.

If there was a Nuclear War, every single person on the planet was wiped out apart from me, I would miss the football watchings and the discussings.

Haha, I'm the same. Football isn't fun if you can't rant and rave about it to someone, though.

If there was a Nuclear War, every single person on the planet was wiped out apart from me, I would miss the football watchings and the discussings.

...you... you wouldn't miss us, just the arguments? :weep:

Ah, wait, no! Star Trek Line Opportunity!

"I will miss our arguments, they were after all, all we had left."

Yeah, well, I'm going. I have a very good friend who is a strict Villa fan and he invited me so I could actually see him before I move back to Aus. Assuming from what you wrote that you are therefore a huge fan and will be at the game?

Obviously, I'm a huge fan - and have been for 15 years - but I wasn't at the game.

Thank fuck. :blank:

Obviously, I'm a huge fan - and have been for 15 years - but I wasn't at the game.

Thank fuck. :blank:

Hummmm. To be honest it wasn't the best game but the Holte Suite is lush. They we practically giving away the tickets at the end, the stadium had some empty seat on the far right of the Holte but all the North, Doug Ellis and Trinity Road stands were full. Real shame that but you can't blame them, it seemed mostly just the season ticket holders were there.

Entertaining game tonight, felt it probably could have gone either way so a 2-2 draw seems fair enough.

I couldn't believe Miller's miss in the 82nd minute, i think Robbie made a mistake subbing Bednar off.. he looked dangerous and i was a little annoyed at his departure. I think he was hoping for the fairytale comeback for Miller, but i think we lost something after Bednar's removal.

I think the referee had a bit of a bad game, maybe he had a new whistle for christmas and was enjoying its first usage, but he blew for a foul everytime someone went near Guttierez the cheap shit, that being said not all the bad decisions went against West Brom... so overall his consistant shite-ness leveled itself out.

Carson made a couple of howlers for both their goals.. i still don't think he should have walked straight back into the team after his suspension ended. Kiely played so well while he was in goal, its hard to see why his run was cut short at the first opportunity..?

For Newcastle's first equaliser Carson set up the wall to protect one side of the goal, then proceded to stand (rooted to the spot) behind the wall while the free kick sailed into the empty other half.. WTF.. Goal-keeping 101.

I could keep going, but i'm gonna cut it shortish because i actually did enjoy the game. despite what it sounds :heh:

Looking forward to the replay next saturday.. hopefully it'll carry on how it left off.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!