N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

Hopefully we'll have Fabregas back we will need that little bit of intelligence, and hopefully we'll have a half decent left back return from injury otherwise Silvestre will get turned inside out. But it should be a great match (hopefully we won't have a repeat of last years result ;))

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Premiership just keeps getting better every year.

I'm finding it difficult to agree this season :sad: In general i would have to concur that it is exciting to see that more teams are taking points off each other.. the problem is that almost everyone is taking points off Liverpool with relative ease :hmm:

I don't think the Premier League is getting better every year, I've lost excitement for it somewhat this year. I think the most exciting year in recent times was the 2006/07 season. Obviously for me it helped that United won but I just thought it was a great season and I really enjoyed the games I went to see that year in and around Christmas time.

It might be because I sort of got back into the habit of following results weekly in that season, whereas now I've done so for a few seasons and I don't care as much for it any more.

It would be plain ignorance to suggest that there hasn't been an improvement in quality amongst the lower table teams. Which can only be healthy for competition.

When a league starts and it's guaranteed only a handful of teams have the opportunity to win it you can hardly call it exciting. The premier league never has been.

New Championship attendance record at St James' Park yesterday, 49,644. Would have been nice if Boro had been arsed enough to sel out their allocation and nudge it over 50,000, but then they've been playing in front of a quater-full stadium most of the season so it's a bit much to ask.

World Player of the year votes.

-----------

I wonder if Park wins any prizes for getting it right?

It comes as no surprise that Terry, with all the morals of his drug dealing father and shop lifting mother, who himself has been exposed this week as taking thousands of quid to give behind the scenes tours of Chelsea’s training ground behind the club’s back, couldn’t bring himself to be quite as honest with his votes.

He voted Didier Drogba, the 53rd highest scorer in the Premiership last season, as the best player in the world, and Michael Ballack as the second best player in the world.

Instructions on the voting form circulated by world football’s governing body reminded those taking part to ‘take into account not only the players’ on-field performance but also their overall behaviour on and off the pitch’.

For most, Drogba’s awful outburst following their elimination from the European Cup would have constituted as ‘bad behaviour’, but not for the England captain, who was “fully behind” Drogba’s reaction. Oh dear.

Regardless, a big congratulations to Messi, who really was the best player in the world last season. Anyone care to explain to me what Kaka did last season to be voted the fourth best player in the world though…?

Argentina’s coach, Diego Maradona, voted Wayne Rooney as the second best player in the world, France’s coach, Raymond Domenech, voted him in third, as did Ireland’s coach, Marco Tardelli and Thailand’s coach… Bryan Robson!

-----------

Is John Terry retarded?

I've been away for most of the week, and I didn't get a chance to watch that game against Fulham. Didn't even see highlights.

But, 3-0, fucking hell. From what I've heard, it wasn't a great performance. In all honesty, I'm surprised we lasted up until then. Yeah, we lost the game against Villa (only by a single goal though, it wasn't a drumming) but we hadn't been shipping 3 or 4 goals a game until then. There's not a lot we could have done differently about the personel playing in defence: two midfielders and a young lad with very little first team experience. We had a weakness, and Fulham exploited that weakness. We also lost the same fixture 2-0 last year, and they did very well last season in the league, are doing well this season in Europe, too. We should have defended better, but I'm so proud with how Fletcher and Carrick have been doing in these unfamilliar roles, I don't think it would be right to crucify them.

There's rumours that Fergie will be attempting to bring in some more defensive cover in January. But, imo, by then the problems should be coming to an end. I don't think it's likely that we'll have defensive problems this bad again. It's all come at once, but I think bringing in someone in a month's time will be too late and just un-needed by then. The players who are injured will hopefully be coming back by then anyway, bar maybe Ferdinand.

Just seen this:

Fucking Ouch.. also some nice play-acting from the other player

:EDIT:

I'm meant to be getting ready to go out, but these are funny as:

putting a stadium collapsing as funny is a bit fucked up but there were quite a few lols in there so i posted it..

Edited by DuD

Quality 28 minutes from Cesc Fabregas turned the game today for us, Villa put in a good shift and credit to them because it was a fairly even game until Cesc came on. I will say I wasn't too happy with Ashley Young's dive, I'm more disappointed because I've liked the player since his Watford days.

Haven't seen the whole outfield celebrate a goal like they did Cesc's first for a very long time, it was very pleasing/encouraging to see.

Edited by Ramar

Arsenal - Cesc Fabregas

Liverpool - A mistake

That's all it took. That's all it took. Liverpool didn't deserve to win, and we didn't deserve to lose. It was destined to be a draw.

What got to me the most was that it was Torres who scored, and he's one of me favourite players. I revere him, but until he scores against Blues he's just a nancy boy prick to me, and that's what I call Cristiano Ronaldo...

Thank Christ for that.

Though I've no idea who we will get to replace him. Some people are talking about Mark Hughes, but he'll never come to us. The problem with the majority of Bolton fans is that they think we are bigger than we are.

We get slightly over 20000 to our games, have no money and for some reason, a lot of Bolton fans think we are a big club, probably because Sam Allardyce overachieved with us.

Still, glad to get rid of the guy who tries to defend a 0-0 and has achieved no clean sheets at all this season!

Thank Christ for that.

Though I've no idea who we will get to replace him. Some people are talking about Mark Hughes, but he'll never come to us. The problem with the majority of Bolton fans is that they think we are bigger than we are.

We get slightly over 20000 to our games, have no money and for some reason, a lot of Bolton fans think we are a big club, probably because Sam Allardyce overachieved with us.

Still, glad to get rid of the guy who tries to defend a 0-0 and has achieved no clean sheets at all this season!

Yeah, its been hard not to notice the stick the fans gave Megson. I was having a quick think about who might get drafted in and thought of Mark Hughes but I can't quite picture him at the helm. The club needs someone to follow in Big Sam's footsteps of being a wheeler and dealer who can get 120% from his players.

Alan Curbishly?

Yeah, its been hard not to notice the stick the fans gave Megson. I was having a quick think about who might get drafted in and thought of Mark Hughes but I can't quite picture him at the helm. The club needs someone to follow in Big Sam's footsteps of being a wheeler and dealer who can get 120% from his players.

Alan Curbishly?

Isn't the rumour that either Curbs or Darren Ferguson will be taking charge? I wouldn't be surprised if neither come, though. I know Big Sam got a lot of stick for the way his teams played, but he got results, and he knew how to get the most out of his players. It's a shame he left, really. In my opinion, anyway.

I only caught the first half of the game against Wigan, the other night. But, some of the football we played was great, particularly on the right hand side. Valencia and Rafael were great, and both managed to get goals. :)

Here's to 2010, ladies and gentlemen. Let's hope it's a good 'un.