NEurope

Comfortable and goddamn FREEEEEEEEZING!!!!

Last time I was there me and my friends resorted to drinking to keep warm/forget the cold.

dunno if this has been posted yet, but it's bloody hilarious

Manchester City executive chairman Garry Cook will be writing to the club’s fans to apologise for a humiliating blunder at a supporters’ club gala evening.

Cook was inducting Uwe Rosler into City’s Hall of Fame during a 60th anniversary dinner for the Official Supporters’ club at Eastlands on Friday night when he mistakenly said the German striker had played for bitter rivals Manchester United.

Fans at the function jeered the former Nike marketing man after he announced: “I’d like to welcome Uwe Rosler into the Manchester United Hall of Fame.”

articles here

Oh harrow Cashley Cole :grin:

Still not sure really why Arseshaving's goal was disallowed but hey-ho we won convincingly enough in the end. Shame I didn't get to watch whole match and had to settle for highlights =/

Can't wait Villain! Not sure who i'd prefer in the draw, if Blackburn make it through then that's the obvious choice, but it would be beautiful to beat Man Utd in the semi's.

Does anybody have any idea of the cost of Carling Cup final tickets? If, of course, such a thing were to happen.

Villa are in the semis. I have a semi. Everybody's happy! :yay:

yeah well played we were crap.

Can't wait Villain! Not sure who i'd prefer in the draw, if Blackburn make it through then that's the obvious choice, but it would be beautiful to beat Man Utd in the semi's.

Does anybody have any idea of the cost of Carling Cup final tickets? If, of course, such a thing were to happen.

They aren't 'that' expensive, if I remember correctly tickets ranged from £74-£36 depending on where it was. Though that was when the final was in Cardiff in 2007, I didn't go because I couldn't get there. :(

Currently half time in our game, 0-0, good chances from both sides. Really refreshing to watch after the disappointment of the weekend.

Edited by Ramar

It's quite a good game, Ramar. Although, I think City have been on top for larger periods of it, but it could go either way really. Maybe extra time?

I thought the game against Spurs yesterday was strange. They seemed to have control throughout the first half, then two good pieces of play by United, and Spurs are two-nil down. In the second half, I thought Anderson and Gibson did well to close out the game, and Carrick helped to secure the midfield when he came on. Two great goals for Gibson, which will help his confidence, no doubt. :)

Spurs had some really, really great chances, though. So surprised they didn't score yesterday.

Also, Blackburn are one-nil up against Chelsea.

Bellamy should have definitely scored, how he ddragged that wide I don't know. But yeah I think I agree, Man City have just about had the better of us. I'd rather not have extra time, we may need players like Song, Rosicky and Traore come Saturday.

I've not seen anything from yesterdays games, I'll have to catch the highlights on BBC tonight.

Edit - Did Bellamy just yawn coming out the tunnel for the second half?..

Bellamy should have definitely scored, how he ddragged that wide I don't know. But yeah I think I agree, Man City have just about had the better of us. I'd rather not have extra time, we may need players like Song, Rosicky and Traore come Saturday.

I've not seen anything from yesterdays games, I'll have to catch the highlights on BBC tonight.

In fairness, City probably should be on top, given that they've got a full strength side out there. I think Arsenal have done well so far. That Bellamy chance should have been tucked away...

as I say that, Tevez scores a great goal.

I'm not too upset about being two nil down, but what has annoyed me is Song getting himself booked. That's his fifth and he'll miss the game on Saturday, we've got Stoke so we could have done with his physical presence.

The defending for that third goal was bluddy awful. Bellamy did really well, but you'd have banked on the two defenders winning the ball there.

So it's:

Man City vs Man Utd

Blackburn vs Villa

Interesting semi finals to say the least.

I don't know who I'd want Villa to play against if we get into the final.

If we had Man City, then it would be so sweet to see Barry, and all the other players Citeh splashed the millions on, to pick up nothing more than runners-up medals.

But, playing Man Utd would be a repeat of the final in 1994.

For now, though, come on Villa!

I don't know who I'd want Villa to play against if we get into the final.

If we had Man City, then it would be so sweet to see Barry, and all the other players Citeh splashed the millions on, to pick up nothing more than runners-up medals.

But, playing Man Utd would be a repeat of the final in 1994.

For now, though, come on Villa!

I think you need to focus on beating Blackburn first ;)

Yeah, I know. That's what the "For now, though, come on Villa!" bit is for. As in "For now, come on Villa and get into the final!"

Besides, you can't blame me for getting ahead of myself and pondering about the final, though, can ya? No. No, you can't.

hehe I know :)

as long as you play your strongest team you should reach the final, and at least you avoided United given your recent record against them ;)

Our track record against Utd has always been pretty much crap, save for a few matches. But it wasn't too bad last season: managed a draw at home, and almost did the same away if it wasn't for fucking Federico bastard Macheda. :nono:

Our track record against Utd has always been pretty much crap, save for a few matches. But it wasn't too bad last season: managed a draw at home, and almost did the same away if it wasn't for fucking Federico bastard Macheda. :nono:

So, you hate Macheda but not Maradona? Macheda didn't cheat. :heh:

No, but he made yell "Oh, for FUCK'S SAKE! YOU FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK I KNEW THAT WAS GOING IN AS SOON AS IT LEFT HIS BOOT! WANKER! WANKER! BIGGER WANKER THAN RONALDO! FUCK'S SAKE!"

I know it was a bit much. But, like in the words of the song by Asia: "It was the heeeaaat of the moment!"

I wasn't there for 1986, of course, so I don't know about that. I dp know that Maradona's cheating make my dad do pretty much what I did above. Only without the Ronaldo remark and it lasted for a week. :blank:

No, but he made yell "Oh, for FUCK'S SAKE! YOU FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK I KNEW THAT WAS GOING IN AS SOON AS IT LEFT HIS BOOT! WANKER! WANKER! BIGGER WANKER THAN RONALDO! FUCK'S SAKE!"

I know it was a bit much. But, like in the words of the song by Asia: "It was the heeeaaat of the moment!"

I wasn't there for 1986, of course, so I don't know about that. I dp know that Maradona's cheating make my dad do pretty much what I did above. Only without the Ronaldo remark and it lasted for a week. :blank:

I can sorta see how you hate the guy, haha. But, he's not even comparable with Maradona. Macheda's was teenage magic. It's funny, because I said to my mate a week before that game "ooo, Macheda's scored a hat-trick in the reserves!"

I've got a hatred for Maradona anyway, really don't like the guy.

the guy is a living charecature, how can you not love him now? ;)

He's a living prick. :heh:

Fellow United fans, what do you make of the Llajic news? :(

Excellent article on the news.

I thought he was already a United player, and then this happens. Imo, that article has it spot on, and it has to be down to financial reasons.

He's a living prick. :heh:

Fellow United fans, what do you make of the Llajic news? :(

Excellent article on the news.

I thought he was already a United player, and then this happens. Imo, that article has it spot on, and it has to be down to financial reasons.

That transfer is very confusing, they claim he maybe doesn't have the talent of the likes of Davide Petrucci and other young united players who play in his position however the club have done nothing but hype him up. I was very much looking forward to seeing him in a united shirt since he seemed to have much potential and I can't help but think that this is somehow motivated by money. A new January transfer target possibly? We know Ferguson is still looking at Denkzo (sp?) and Defour and there is the constant speculation over Villa (would Rooney or Berbs really sit on the bench?) and Silva.