NEurope

Nice win for the Villa. Was in Birmingham all day and somehow failed to find out the score until I got home. But yeah, nice win is nice. :)

nice one Burnley getting their first away point of the season :)

Gutted. Dropped Steven Fletcher from my fantasy league team as he wasn't doing the business, then he goes and scores and gets an assist.

*Facepalms*

Back up to 4th. TERRIBLE performance today, completely down to Harry and him changing the effing system AGAIN. We've changed the system 4 times this season - against Chelski, ManUre and the Scum before today. And we played awfully every time. HARRY, PLAY THE WAY WE PLAY!!!! Anyways, good win, good clean sheet and good results around us.

Easy home win against Wigan next week too!!

Welcome to the world of Harry when he has too many players at his disposal that he doesn't know what to do with them. We had the same when we the likes of defoe, crouch, Kranjcar, muntari, diarra, mendes (not all there at the same times as such) he didn't know where to fit them all them in....or what systems we mucked around with all sorts of diamonds and stuff and one up front alone etc...

Back up to 4th. TERRIBLE performance today, completely down to Harry and him changing the effing system AGAIN. We've changed the system 4 times this season - against Chelski, ManUre and the Scum before today. And we played awfully every time. HARRY, PLAY THE WAY WE PLAY!!!! Anyways, good win, good clean sheet and good results around us.

Easy home win against Wigan next week too!!

Welcome back to the topic, I see you dodged it for a week. :grin:

Last week aside, whats your honest opinion on Gomes not receiving a red card?

Btw I just bought you a christmas present, hope you like it.

16234171927741995706926.jpg

___

Anyway spent yesterday afternoon in the pub, watched The Arsenal and then the boxing. I was close to raging at one point, not at the TV but at some old bastard at the bar. He said Fabregas is the best Arsenal player in the last 10 years, completely discredited Henry because he was french and black, didn't mention Bergkamp, Wright, Pires, Overmars, Adams, Vieira (the list goes on). He was a complete racist nobhead.

Btw I just bought you a christmas present, hope you like it.

16234171927741995706926.jpg

___

Anyway spent yesterday afternoon in the pub, watched The Arsenal and then the boxing. I was close to raging at one point, not at the TV but at some old bastard at the bar. He said Fabregas is the best Arsenal player in the last 10 years, completely discredited Henry because he was french and black, didn't mention Bergkamp, Wright, Pires, Overmars, Adams, Vieira (the list goes on). He was a complete racist nobhead.

But fabregas is spanish?! and Adams is English?!!! ::shrug:

But fabregas is spanish?! and Adams is English?!!! ::shrug:

I couldn't work that one out myself, but the bloke was spouting some incredibly disgusting stuff.

When I originally saw the team sheet, I had a few doubts in my mind. How would Wes Brown and Johnny Evans cope with Drogba and Anelka? What about Valencia against Ashley Cole? Rooney as the lone striker, how would that work out?

However, I am very pleased by the performance today. I thought Carrick, Anderson and Fletcher completely took charge of that midfield. Valencia had Cole in his pocket for the majority of the game. Drogba wasn't even in the game. I'm very gutted that we didn't at least get a point and with the way the winning goal came about. But, so very proud of the team.

I agree with you my Flinkington. I was very happy with that performance, gutted about the result but it was positive. Few strange referee decisions for both sides to be honest and the goal has a question mark over it but then again we should have took our chances better so we have only ourselves to blame for that.

Yes it's points dropped and the Woolwich have a game in hand over us but it was a very positive performance and hopefully we can build that now. Valencia seems to be getting better and better and Obertan is looking like a good signing. End of Nani? perhaps. Rooney as ever was class and Fletcher bossed the midfield. The Brown Evans partnership in defence worked and seemed solid unlike against the Russians when we looked very dodge at the back.

I agree with you my Flinkington. I was very happy with that performance, gutted about the result but it was positive. Few strange referee decisions for both sides to be honest and the goal has a question mark over it but then again we should have took our chances better so we have only ourselves to blame for that.

Yes it's points dropped and the Woolwich have a game in hand over us but it was a very positive performance and hopefully we can build that now. Valencia seems to be getting better and better and Obertan is looking like a good signing. End of Nani? perhaps. Rooney as ever was class and Fletcher bossed the midfield. The Brown Evans partnership in defence worked and seemed solid unlike against the Russians when we looked very dodge at the back.

I agree, we should have taken or made more with our chances. There were too many occassions where we got to the final third and just made the wrong decision. Like Rooney did in the first half where he should have squared the ball to Anderson or laid it back to Valencia, but did neither, and the chance disappeared. There were too many occassions like that.

I'm pleased that Carrick had a great game. He was outstanding in the first half, and it's good that he actually took a few shots on goal, even if it was from long range. He's had a very quiet season, so I think he'll take some confidence from this game.

Valencia worked very hard on the right side, but I don't think it was entirely balanced. We tended to chuck the ball either towards him, or with Evra bombing down the left. I think he has almost secured the right wing position for himself, which is excellent because he has performed really well this season. But, the left wing position is anyone's guess. If I were Fergie, I think Obertan needs to be played there or needs to start in the upcoming games and needs to try to make this position his own. Nani really hasn't done enough to secure that position for himself, which means that Giggs ends up getting chosen for this position. In fairness, he is outstanding in his role, but I think the time has come where his successor needs to be sorted out.

Drogba does make me laugh with his amateur dramatics.

Edited by Molly

It wasn't a penalty in my eyes so no he shouldn't have got a red card. EVEN if it was (which it wasn't) then Bent wouldn't have had a goal scoring opportunity, he was going away from goal and there were defenders recovering. That's my honest opinion. :)

Drogba does make me laugh with his amateur dramatics.

He cracks me up. He should release his own "YOU FUNNY KID!" picture for the Bish.

It wasn't a penalty in my eyes so no he shouldn't have got a red card. EVEN if it was (which it wasn't) then Bent wouldn't have had a goal scoring opportunity, he was going away from goal and there were defenders recovering. That's my honest opinion. :)

There was another incident earlier in the first half where Gomes brought someone down. Was it Bent? I forget who the player was. In my opinion, the ref should have given that one before he gave the one in the second half.

Also watched the Hull vs. Stoke match earlier today. Very entertaining, I thought. Both sides created chances, and a late winner won the game for Hull.

Yes it's points dropped and the Woolwich have a game in hand over us but it was a very positive performance and hopefully we can build that now

You'll be calling us Dial Square next. :P

I've been trying to hold off as long as possible.. but it may finally be the time where I have to concede that the league is well out of reach for us this season :hmm:

It truly is heart-breaking :sad:

I've been trying to hold off as long as possible.. but it may finally be the time where I have to concede that the league is well out of reach for us this season :hmm:

It truly is heart-breaking :sad:

It really must have been an unbelieveable season being a Liverpool fan. I mean, so many things just not going to plan or going right. I think there is going to be some fallout because of the N'Gog "dive" as well after tonight passes. I wonder if he'll get anywhere the same treatment by the press or critics as Eduardo did.

In a way, it is a bit ironic that Liverpool played two defensive midfielders infront of the back four tonight, at home to Birmingham, and managed to concede two goals. Both United and Chelsea were brilliant defensively yesterday and there was very little in it at all.

I didn't see the majority of the Liverpool match (only the penalty incident), so I didn't see the Liverpool or Birmingham goals. Can somebody comment on Reina? I know Fresh made a point recently about Reina and ended up getting slated for it. But, maybe he had a point, after all.

Can somebody comment on Reina? I know Fresh made a point recently about Reina and ended up getting slated for it. But, maybe he had a point, after all.

I always have a point and still think he is overrated. Once they sort out their defensive situation I can see Liverpool being strong again however with Man City and Spurs breathing down their neck there is a lot of pressure.

Edited by Fresh

I wonder if he'll get anywhere the same treatment by the press or critics as Eduardo did.

Of course note, the media put a whole lot of spin on it and by then it was too far to go back so they had to press the issue. We've had countless dives so far this season go unmentioned, typical English media.

Hannover and Germany goalkeeper Robert Enke has died, German police have confirmed. According to police reports, the 32-year-old was struck by a train at a level crossing close to his home in Neustadt Eilvese and died at the scene.Hannover's president Martin Kind confirmed the news, telling Bild on Tuesday: "I received news of his death around 19:35."

Enke was omitted from the Germany squad for their upcoming friendly matches against Chile, on Saturday, and the Ivory Coast next Wednesday despite having recovered from a virus which had kept him out of action for almost two months.

His national team colleagues learned the news after training in Bonn on Tuesday.

"We are all shocked," said Germany's general manager Oliver Bierhoff. "We are lost for words."

The president of the German Football Association (DFB) Dr Theo Zwanziger added that he and the rest of the football community in Germany "are deeply distressed and in mourning".

Been ruled a suicide apparently.

Hannover and Germany goalkeeper Robert Enke has died, German police have confirmed. According to police reports, the 32-year-old was struck by a train at a level crossing close to his home in Neustadt Eilvese and died at the scene.Hannover's president Martin Kind confirmed the news, telling Bild on Tuesday: "I received news of his death around 19:35."

Enke was omitted from the Germany squad for their upcoming friendly matches against Chile, on Saturday, and the Ivory Coast next Wednesday despite having recovered from a virus which had kept him out of action for almost two months.

His national team colleagues learned the news after training in Bonn on Tuesday.

"We are all shocked," said Germany's general manager Oliver Bierhoff. "We are lost for words."

The president of the German Football Association (DFB) Dr Theo Zwanziger added that he and the rest of the football community in Germany "are deeply distressed and in mourning".

Been ruled a suicide apparently.

Aye, saw this on the 606 forums a little while ago. Very, very shocking.

"Enke's daughter Lara died in 2006 of a rare heart condition when she was just two. He leaves behind his wife, Teresa, and an eight-month-old daughter the couple had adopted in May." Taken from the BBC website. Heartbreaking for the wife, poor woman.

Celtic defender John Kennedy has had to retire aged 26 thanks to a horrific injury that happened 5 and a half years ago in an international friendly against Romania, at the time he had just broken into the first team and had helped shut out Barcelona at the Nou Camp (first time that season they failed to score). He's had a couple of comebacks and had some time on loan in England, but has now decided to retire.

It's sad to think that someone I saw making their debut aged 17 and is younger than me is retired thanks to a shocking "tackle" which happened after the whistle had already blown for an unrelated incident.

Shit man he's decided to retire? I knew he was a shadow of his former self ever since but damn.