Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe Summer Meet

Eddage

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've booked all my travel!! You guys have cost me the grand total of 48 hours continuous travel. Thaaaaaanks!!

>_____________<

capturecqj.jpg

Please, any stupid bastard who complains about their travelling distance, or isn't coming because of such a reason, needs to look at this image and shut up

Please, any stupid bastard who complains about their travelling distance, or isn't coming because of such a reason, needs to look at this image and shut up

While it may be in jest, I can't help but feel just a bit offended by that. I could list various good reasons why I'm not coming, but I seriously don't think I have to answer to such a stupid remark. Surely it's fair for me not to want to fly all the way to London from Denmark simply to hang out for 2 days with people I only know through the Internet? (Though that's not to say I wouldn't love to meet you guys. :) )

While it may be in jest, I can't help but feel just a bit offended by that. I could list various good reasons why I'm not coming, but I seriously don't think I have to answer to such a stupid remark. Surely it's fair for me not to want to fly all the way to London from Denmark simply to hang out for 2 days with people I only know through the Internet? (Though that's not to say I wouldn't love to meet you guys. :) )

It might have been in jest, but I did feel a tad bit offended by that, too. Ine is currently on crutches, I'm still looking for my teaching job, and due to the distance she would have to travel with these crutches, it just wasn't possible for us. I still have to cancel our reservations at the hotel we planned to stay at.

Tbh, I think Piro means if Distance is the only factor in your not coming :V

Which is a tad bit unfair considering that his profile states he lives in the South of England.

For some people, it's not as simple as "a day out." For people like Dannyboy, it must cost a fair bit to get over here, not including hotels/hostels and stuff. I know the cheapest it has cost Ine to get here is around 50 quid, so we're forever grateful for the Eurostar, haha. It's not like everyone is made of money, though. Or time. If it was really that simple, then maybe we should organise a meet-up in The Netherlands.

Which is a tad bit unfair considering that his profile states he lives in the South of England.

For some people, it's not as simple as "a day out." For people like Dannyboy, it must cost a fair bit to get over here, not including hotels/hostels and stuff. I know the cheapest it has cost Ine to get here is around 50 quid, so we're forever grateful for the Eurostar, haha. It's not like everyone is made of money, though. Or time. If it was really that simple, then maybe we should organise a meet-up in The Netherlands.

Or Denmark! Yes, Denmark would be an excellent choice! We've got ... pastries! And Carlsberg!

Yeah its not easy. Not everyone is made of money, and the ones that are generally work! which usually involves getting time off (with distance travel)

For the sheffield meet: £100 for the flight tickets, getting to sheffield from airport (train), getting back to airport (gave odders petrol money)

Think I had spent closer to £150/160 by the end of the day.

I think he was referring to the distance that Letty is travelling.

And, as Raining said, it's not easy. The trek may be pretty different to what everyone is used to, given where the location she is traveling from is. But, she must have the funds and the time to be able to do that?

Ine would love to come from Belgium. The distance is an issue, but other things are just as important. It's naive to ask nobody complain about the traveling distance when the website is N-Europe. This site is not N-South of England. There are many people who would love to come, I bet. Besides, even if you live within the UK, you need the money to be able to travel, and the time. Not everyone is in the same boat.

Right so Roadkill said something a little bit unneeded. Its over. People this is happening in about 2 weeks, cheer up! WAHEY. Hopefully lovely and sunny :)

You are wise Ell. Even for a Chelsea fan. ;)

I hope everyone has a good time there. Me and Ine hope you all enjoy eet. Somebody put in a crunching tackle on Haden for me, please?

Somebody put in a crunching tackle on Haden for me, please?

Don't worry, I will, even if we are on the same team. :wink:

I'm pretty confident I'll get my JSA later today, that means I'll definitely have money for train tickets. (Providing tickets to Random London Station from Birmingham New Street don't cost over £100.)

Don't worry, I will, even if we are on the same team. :wink:

I'm pretty confident I'll get my JSA later today, that means I'll definitely have money for train tickets. (Providing tickets to Random London Station from Birmingham New Street don't cost over £100.)

I know you can get real cheap tickets from brum to london(to marylebone via high wycombe), super saver off peak though they tend to have travel time restrictions, but it's also a 1 month open return(not that you'd need that). I should imagine an advance fare has gotta be cheaper than that as well! You're looking less than £20 either way, maybe less than £15 if you've got a YP.

I think someone should add to the first post the the Victoria Line is closed on the 18/19 July It's the main line to the park from both Victoria and King's Cross St Pancras, so I suggest thsoe who it effects (myself included) find an alternative tube route.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!