N-Europe

N-Europe Summer Meet

Eddage

Maybe you could take your "receipt", I assume you have an email with all your details in, and take it to the train station and see if you can collect them from there.

I got an email receipt, of course. I dunno how that's going to help, though...

What, print it off? Show it to somebody at the station who's selling tickets and say "I ordered these train tickets online and to be posted to my address but the haggis-eating buggers on the other end didn't send me the tickets in time nor was their customer service phoneline helpful so I have ended up with a booked seat but no tickets to show Mr Ticketman so he'll end up throwing me off the damn train wunnunii..."?

I'm rather novice to all this, btw. :blank:

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an email receipt, of course. I dunno how that's going to help, though...

What, print it off? Show it to somebody at the station who's selling tickets and say "I ordered these train tickets online and to be posted to my address but the haggis-eating buggers on the other end didn't send me the tickets in time nor was their customer service phoneline helpful so I have ended up with a booked seat but no tickets to show Mr Ticketman so he'll end up throwing me off the damn train wunnunii..."?

I'm rather novice to all this, btw. :blank:

Yeah, but do eeet naaow to see if they'll give them to you now before the day.

Still haven't got my train tickets, so phoned up the company.

Machine: "Please wait 10 working days for your tickets to arrive."

Me: "WTF is this shit? The e-mail says wait 5 days then phone up. Besides, I only really have 9 working days to wait. This is day 6, motherfuckers!"

Am I going to end up having to buy ANOTHER ticket at the station? I fucked up buying the tickets and rushed to buy two singles when I should have done a nifty little price comparison to see whether two singles or a return was cheaper. I've got the tickets for Sunday but not for Friday! GAAAACK!

You could try going with a confirmation number and seeing if they can print it off. Normally you can either get them to print it off, or have them turn up at your house but I presume it will still be on their system regardless.

Could you not go to the station before Friday and ask them to print them just to be sure?

Gaaaahhhhh....a right hassle and no mistake! How is it this lot can send me one set of tickets just two days after I order them and fuck around with getting me the other? Is that how it works in Scotland?

This is fucking rubbish! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Going up earlier than 12 eh? I DID say 12pm but that was a preliminary time and now I think I might head up early too if anyone else is(or I'll try to and fail and be epicly late/on time). Man, if only I could be epicly on time for once.

As for drinkingtings, as stated I may be going on to see my friend later but also I have stopped drinking as of friday just passed and been fairly successful but I end on saturday(or might have a lapse day thursday) and resultantly I may well just get rather bloody pissed, I've got like 10 cans of beer which I have to look at every day and just not drink, it mocks me so :(

Motherfuckers. Someone told me at work today that the person who should be doing Saturday night had booked it off a while ago, but the manager had forgot and put him to do Saturday anyway. So I've been thinking I have Saturday off, allowing me to totally rock the meet. So now I'm pretty much waiting for the phonecall/note asking me to work Saturday night.

I'm going to have to ask someone who normally does days to cover Saturday for me instead. He's done it before, but I hate to ask him even though he wasn't bothered last time (he actually volunteered last time). But it does mean the manager/everyone will probably have to rearrange shifts so that he isn't working a day and a night too close together. Not my fault, but it does make me feel bad.

Either way, I'm still coming to the meet. It's just a case of whether or not I have to leave early now.

Forget all that now. To quote The Rock: "IT DOESN'T MATTER!"

I emailed the website last night and they've replied back saying I need to repurchase tickets for the train but arrange to pick them up at the station from a self-service ticket machine. And that if I were to post the new tickets back to them afterwards, they will give me full refundings on the missing ones. :smile:

Might have to go look now and see how much money I have left in my bank account. I hope to FUCK I get my Jobseeker's money tomorrow, otherwise I am fucked! :blank:

Are many people gonna be bringing camera's to the meet to take pics? was thinking of bringing mine but wanna travel as light as I can if possible, so if quite a few will allready be taking camera's / camera phones then I probably won't bother.

Right! I am so poor that I can't afford to go to brighton, then trip to london, then blah blah -- so I've got a return to london... getting the 8:33am train from sheff, arriving in pancras around midday... but my return ticket? Saturday 25th July. WATAAFAAA... So yeah. I have roughly £10 in my account that I'll try to save for booze on the saturday. Meeting some family on the same day so will have to divvie up my time between the two partays. Hopefully someone somewhere will give me money for a trip to brighton later sat/sunday... bleh.

Right, fairly bloody sure I should be able to turn up to this, at least for a bit. J7, you still on the same number?

I am indeed. I just bought my ticket... Gimme buzzzzzzzzz

Going up earlier than 12 eh? I DID say 12pm but that was a preliminary time and now I think I might head up early too if anyone else is(or I'll try to and fail and be epicly late/on time). Man, if only I could be epicly on time for once.

As for drinkingtings, as stated I may be going on to see my friend later but also I have stopped drinking as of friday just passed and been fairly successful but I end on saturday(or might have a lapse day thursday) and resultantly I may well just get rather bloody pissed, I've got like 10 cans of beer which I have to look at every day and just not drink, it mocks me so :(

I've had two pints - and that's it - since... I can't even remember. Been about 5 days or something RIDICULOUS!

Are many people gonna be bringing camera's to the meet to take pics? was thinking of bringing mine but wanna travel as light as I can if possible, so if quite a few will allready be taking camera's / camera phones then I probably won't bother.

I'll probably bring mine. Whether or not I remember to use it or not is a different matter.

I will be bringing my awesome digital camera, and also my camcorder for fake movie trailers/Power Spin dances/whatever anything wants.

With my digital camera I will be taking an offensively large amount of photos. :)

I haven't got a camera. I will be entrusting the pics to everyone else to put them up here, and facebook even if they want, for the fantastic lulz.

You'd better make it villan, I'm not sure I'd feel safe being alone with moogle for two nights :heh:

Don't worry, I'ma coming.

Even then, I'll only keep you safe for the one night. I'm at bluey's for Saturday, remember. So be careful that night...