N-Europe

The Sims 3

Dyson

So, uh, yeah. Recently I havn't been around these parts. I humbly apologize, truly. I still love you N0E, I really do. For you see, a little something called the Sims 3 decided it'd pop up from out of nowhere and get all released.

Now when I came here to see if there was a thread at first I was surprised. "This is a huge profile game" Dyson thought to himself, "why is there not even a thread about it?" And then it dawned on me. Everyone that might event consider commenting on the game is too damn busy playing it.

For you see forum, this game is just the video game equivalent of crack. I know I don't need to tell you about the game at all, you all know how it works. I imagine a lot of people will say it got boring after the sims 2 or whatever. I imagine I'd agree with you.

Thing is, I got addicted to the Sims 1, loved it, Hot Date, and some other expansion pack, and then totally lost interest. Just like that, flatlined. So I managed to completely miss out on the Sims 2 and its' 500 expansions.

Instead I've stolen my Dad's epic gaming PC and installed it there and gone crazy with it. Decided to replicate myself and give him a loving family with a great job before burning down the house and losing the family. I made him quit his job out of grief then moved him in to a tiny shack in which I'm currently rebuilding my life, seeing two women at the same time. It's AWESOME.

So yeah. Thoughts? Anyone been playing it at all? Don't give a hoot about the series anymore/or never did?

Let me know your stories here : peace:

Here you go.

Release date(s)

NA June 2, 2009

AUS June 4, 2009

EU June 5, 2009

Yeah I'm not really a fan of Sims/2, used to mainly watch people play it rather than do stuff myself, it took too long to do anything significant.

It makes my computers monitor switch off and I can't get it to turn back on again, so I'm guessing it crashes my computer even though my computer is capable of running it. It runs fine on my laptop though.

Are the military, business, sports, crime, and I forget which else, the only jobs you can go for for like one of those full time jobs? I'm currently working part time at the bookstore and wouldn't mind doing something better.

Also this aging thing, it's only been 5 days and the little bar indicating when I'll turn into an adult looks to be filling quickly. I'm not sure I like that just yet.

You can turn off aging in the options menu, or change the lifespan of sims. Really nice feature; I turned aging off for my sims just because I wanted to play around for a while and not worry about continuing a family line for generations, as fun as that sounds.

• 2 weeks later...