N-Europe

Shigeru Miyamoto Interview: No Sword for Link

Dante

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if that's Link's new direction, this next Zelda gonna need to be an 18!

18!

18!!

Hardcore Gamer Conteeeeeeeeeeeent!

;)

Also, people without the pupils in their eyes scare the hell out of me, no matter their species. She has eyes...but does she seeee?

In Ocarina of Time, it clearly states that only the Hero of Time (or wind or whatever) can wield it. Thats why Link turned into Adult link when he picked it up. So if Ganon picked it up, he would turn good in theory.

Also. GANNON BANNED

http://www.gannon-banned.com/#fourth

Albeit a tad arrogant, some of those people truly need to be put right.

2081815.jpg

:laughing:

Now that's just amazing! :laughing:

I hope the pacing is better in this. Found it really off in TP.

I'd also like it if it were harder. TP was way too easy. I know this isn't likely but it would be nice if they included a hard mode so there could be some challenge.

QFT. Exploring is nice, but when there's barely anything to do...

I'd also like it if it were harder. TP was way too easy. I know this isn't likely but it would be nice if they included a hard mode so there could be some challenge.

Once again, QFT. The sword skills in TP weren't exactly game-breaking, but the enemies could be more than just a bunch of wimps. I mean, what happened to the days where a boss/miniboss could easily take away 4 hearts at once?

IGN: Have you thought about making a Wii game that uses two Wii remotes with MotionPlus?

Shigeru Miyamoto: I think if Wii Sports Resort sells really well, that's something we'd definitely like to think about. Like, table manners.

What the fuck...? lookaroundlightblue.gif

Yep. If this game is truly to "wow" us, it needs to feel intense with great pacing.

I wouldn't mind a hard mode, but I'd prefer a game that adapts itself on the go. For example, if you were taking longer than 5 minutes to defeat a boss, it would get easier. More than 10 minutes and it would get easier still.

However, if you were a good player, the game would note that you played well and give you various medals.

I wouldn't mind a hard mode, but I'd prefer a game that adapts itself on the go. For example, if you were taking longer than 5 minutes to defeat a boss, it would get easier. More than 10 minutes and it would get easier still.

I don't think I like the idea of the game holding back on you, though. I'd rather have it be optional at least (like in GOW: You lost. Wanna try Easy mode?)

However, if you were a good player, the game would note that you played well and give you various medals.

Achievements? Now that you mention it, Zelda is lacking them a bit in the combat side of things.

I don't think I like the idea of the game holding back on you, though. I'd rather have it be optional at least (like in GOW: You lost. Wanna try Easy mode?)

It would need to be very carefully done, I admit. Another idea would be to have rechargeable health, like in Shadow of the Colossus, and safe zones too (generally in SotC, you could hide out of the way). One of the bosses took me about an hour!

Gamers would know they only got a "bronze" medal and would need to do it again to do it properly.

Achievements? Now that you mention it, Zelda is lacking them a bit in the combat side of things.

One of the things I always fancied was hand-to-hand combat, and now there's artwork of Link without a sword! I think it'd be nice to put away your weapons and get an achievement for just using throws. I admit, I'm getting carried away here... :heh:

seriously.. this is way over doing it..

I really wish miyamoto didn't mention zelda at all at this e3.. It's getting talked more that super mario galaxy..

I read your post before watching the video, and was thinking how speculating on a new Zelda could be overdoing it. Then I watched the video.

I think that the Wii life sign reader thingy will do just that. You wear it during some tutorial level, and based on your pulse, the game will adapt its difficulty setting.

My "hunch" so far is that the girl is both just a girl and the master sword. I'm thinking that you can transform her into a conventional master sword to use for normal combat. But - some sections might require a companion to complete puzzles. For these sections you could turn her back into a girl for the puzzle solving.

Of course, I say this with zero confidence! Just a though but who knows with Nintendo....

What if the girl is actually part of a tribe that has watched over the Mastersword for centuries and always makes sure that it falls into the right hands......

Only this time Link discovers that the Mastersword has already been taken OR that he is not pure of heart and cannot even come near it....

Perhaps some new villian has switched the balance between good and evil....

What if the girl is actually part of a tribe that has watched over the Mastersword for centuries and always makes sure that it falls into the right hands......

Only this time Link discovers that the Mastersword has already been taken OR that he is not pure of heart and cannot even come near it....

Perhaps some new villian has switched the balance between good and evil....

Far too complicated for a Nintendo game.

i kinda like it the hype talk about Zelda its been a while, that people are having a big discussion about a Zelda game,

i hope nintendo lives up to the Hype,

what i hope, is that link uses more Magick this time around, Dins fire Farores wind nayrus love, and i want the Ocarina Fluit back this time,

or that that Master spirit sword can Change in different kinda Weapons, like Master Bow , Sword , Hammer , and later in the Game warp to a place, and stuff.

It would need to be very carefully done, I admit. Another idea would be to have rechargeable health, like in Shadow of the Colossus, and safe zones too (generally in SotC, you could hide out of the way). One of the bosses took me about an hour!

Gamers would know they only got a "bronze" medal and would need to do it again to do it properly.

One of the things I always fancied was hand-to-hand combat, and now there's artwork of Link without a sword! I think it'd be nice to put away your weapons and get an achievement for just using throws. I admit, I'm getting carried away here... :heh:

e3quote10.png

seriously.. this is way over doing it..

I really wish miyamoto didn't mention zelda at all at this e3.. It's getting talked more that super mario galaxy..

Blame Reggie, he practically forced Miyamoto's hand after his comment about the Mario/Zelda teams last year. Miyamoto would have been lynched if he'd just dodged it.

Blame Reggie, he practically forced Miyamoto's hand after his comment about the Mario/Zelda teams last year. Miyamoto would have been lynched if he'd just dodged it.

Thats true with Miyamoto saying at the roundtable about not wishing to show the artwork yet.