NEurope

Nice nice. I hope mine comes soon. :wink:

Haha. The game will give you a bonus(car from your date of birth) if you boot up on your birthday and congratulates you.

Updated UK Launch day deals: added Currys /Pcworld

HMV: £37.91 Preorder cars: Audi R10 Tdi Stealth Model and the Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model. Also special ,'Trade in F1 2010 for £5 GT5 offer'. Also many stores open for Midnight launch.

Play.com : £37.99 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model, Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model

Amazon.co.uk : £37.46 no more bonus (Maxda 787b and MClaren F1 gone)

Shopto.net : £34.85 , already Despatching. + Competition draw for Supercar experience.

BestBuy(online + instore): £ 29.99

Currys PCWorld : £20 for £50 spend instore.

Collector's and Signature Editions:

Game, Gameplay and Gamestation: £129.99 Exclusive Signature Edition.

Play.com and Amazon.co.uk: £59.99 Collector's edition.

Best Buy(online and instore): £47.99 Collector's Edition.

Note: Stealth Cars have performance enhancements. e.g Carbon Fibre added to bodies. The chrome line cars dont.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

Argh! Stuck on 40 seconds remaining, been like that for about 10 mins :( The wait is killing me...

Basic feature list of the game: http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/gtlife/

Browse the other main features on the left. Its not complete but a nice summary.

The Japanese second part of the intro is significantly better. Cant believe it. Who the hell handled the intro for europe and the us?

I might have to go out and buy the game, waste of my free time. Its supposed to be with me but its not.

This whole thing has been fail for me. Pretty upset. :(

Edited by Choze

Most the reviews make it sound a bit ill thought out. Might get Need for Speed instead.

I'm currently level 5, and it's amazing. Who wants to have some kart races tonight? :heh:

Massive facepalm.

Just went out and bought the logitech steering wheel from Argos. Came back and there is absolutely nothing that i can stand it on.

Back to the controller for now then...:nono:

Installing my estimated time is only 14 minutes(nearly done already woot!). But I do use a fast hdd. Going to get my PSP ready for transfers.

HMV are doing that £5 offer for this when you trade in F1 2010. You reckon they'll offer the same if you were to trade in CoD: Black Ops for this? Surely they would as it's worth more on a trade in than F1 2010.

Would have asked myself but was rushing to get my bus so had to hold off of getting this today as a result. I'll probably go in tomorrow and get it just wondering about the trading in of Black Ops and getting the same offer as with F1 2010.

My copy still hasn't arrived. Bestbuy Entertainment suck.

Edited by Deathjam
Typing error, thanks for so handily pointing that out Dwarf...

My copy still hasty arrived. Bestbuy Entertainment suck.

Yes!

Loving it so far. The game installs while playing as said here. So first times on everything. Gt tv is up with free content. The game has that gotta cath em all type feel. The rpg levelling up system is clever and gradually guides you through. It's still open ended and there us plenty to do.

First thing i did was install. Which took ages. Then I fiddled in menus for half an hour. Set up the pseye. Played some arcade on wet weather(looks glorious). The game looks insane. Ofcourse it's not perfect and the ps3 has limitations as well as some of the stuff. My panasonic psp looks great on it. Very crisp due to the resolution and it makes it nicer to see ahead. Probably the best showcase title on ps3. It's much better than killzone 3 beta for example.

Kart races were fun we should make or join a lobby. Not all online features are up yet. The profiles still don't have that blog thing up.

Will upload afew shots of classic cars. I brought a Mitsubushi FTO as my first and it doesn't look half bad till you are right up close.

Oh and I Transfered my psp cars over. They are for arcade though. Still have not scratched the surface.

Tried some online. I got in a lobby game where people were messing about. Got stuck once trying to enter another game. Had to restart. Need to check gtplanet regarding online status.

After playing it a bit longer i have some issues that may stop me playing as much til i get a wheel stand.

The loading times i agree, are still a bit much at times.

But the thing that annoys me is the levelling system. Now at the start of the game it's fine, goes up quick, but by level 13ish it slumps down and the only real progress i can make is to keep doing a 17k credits a time race over and over til i can get required cars and even then it's a gamble.

It's even more annoying as i have completed ALL the licenses and on any other GT game that would mean i'd have free roam of the races. I don't want this to be like an mmo where you have to unlock the next area by 'grinding races' and i'm not really good enough to gold every license test.

Hopefully when i finally get the wheel in motion things will seem fresh enough to grind on a bit more, i hope so as the rest of the game is fantastic.

You get a ton of extra exp for gold and silver on tests. Bronze hardly gives anything. First time on new events seem to be alot too. So far i feel i am leveling up quickly. Hit level 10 already. got IA and S tests left and only done the kart races and one the B spec Sunday cup.

Loading seems to install more stuff each time anything is new. Interesting method. Eurogamer did an article on it.

What levels are everyone else up to?

Edited by Choze

Wish I had the money for this but I'll hope that it goes down in the sales before or after Christmas. Just saw the ad on TV and adore how they have to put "Actual Game Footage" at the bottom of the video.:D

Wish I had the money for this but I'll hope that it goes down in the sales before or after Christmas. Just saw the ad on TV and adore how they have to put "Actual Game Footage" at the bottom of the video.:D

Sony advertised the game?

Might have to sign out of Psn for abit. I get long pauses now and again in the menus. The servers are getting hammered. Left a message on Cooky's wall in the game. Once onlien is stable someone please send me gifts in the game :p

You get a ton of extra exp for gold and silver on tests. Bronze hardly gives anything. First time on new events seem to be alot too. So far i feel i am leveling up quickly. Hit level 10 already. got IA and S tests left and only done the kart races and one the B spec Sunday cup.

Loading seems to install more stuff each time anything is new. Interesting method. Eurogamer did an article on it.

What levels are everyone else up to?

I got a few gold and silver but there's no way i'm going back and doing the licenses, i hate them with a passion but always do them all :heh:

I think i'm up to level 15 now

Nice. I am 5 levels behind. I think the key is to focus on getting golds. I want to hit 20+ tomorrow :p

Gold in a licence test will give you a special car unlock.

Edited by Choze

The loading times on this are stupid. Its ruining the game for me. I also dont think the graphics are that special and overall it has a shoddy unfinished feel for me.

Which is rediculous considering how long its been in production.

Got this for 40€. My sister knows someone working at a games shop. :)

Well, the Sly Collection will be my last game(s) this year and I won't buy anymore anytime soon in the next year...got Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Fallout: New Vegas, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Gran Tursimo 5 and next month The Sly Collection. Should keep me busy.

Looking forward to playing GT 5 even though I suck at driving games. :D