N-Europe

ModNation Racers!

Retro_Link

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they are far too long.

Also, this kind of game should be running 60fps no problem. One of the quick race tracks chugs along at I would guess around 10. Also, the handling could do with a bit of fine-tuning.

But thats what a beta is for I suppose, iron out any flaws before the final release.

Does anyone know if i'll still be able to download it? I went on last night and started to download it but couldn't finish it due to internet problems. It's still on my list for transactions in my PSN.

The reason I ask now is, i'm in uni and cannot test this myself.

Edited by Stewilo2005

Hope they fix the technical issues in this, load times are a joke.

QFT.

And...with the track editor this is driving me mad:

I've sculpted the landscape first then when you go to add the track it just randomly drops the racer just anywhere on the sculpted landscape. Sadly though it is ALWAYS in the water when I do it. So the racer just sinks to the bottom of the sea. Really effing frustrating. Especially when you've made a water world of sorts. Thus I have to build the track first and then edit the landscape around it. I'll have another go later and see if this is possible.

Otherwise I actually like the game. Reminds me of Diddy Kong Racing rather than Mario Kart. Which is obviously good in my eyes. Still...hope there are tunnels/caves in the final version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Source - playstationblog

ModNation Racers Release Date, Pre-Orders and Box Art!

Posted by Chuck Lacson // Associate Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

If you’ve been keeping up with the Blog or recent preview coverage, you know ModNation Racers is continuing the Play, Create and Share movement allowing both PS3 and PSP owners to design their own racers, karts and best of all, custom tracks! Creations can then be raced with friends (four-player split-screen confirmed!) and uploaded to the rest of the PlayStation Network! But the question is:

When will it hit store shelves?

Well it’s official! ModNation Racers on both PS3 and PSP releases May 25! On top of this, we kick off our official pre-order program today with participating retailers.

4435255485_86ec378131.jpg

That’s right! Ratchet and Clank, Nathan Drake, and Kratos have officially been Mod’ed! Depending on where you pre-order your copy, you’ll get to race with one of your favorite characters.

4435255003_870aca2b6f.jpg

Pre-order from GameStop and score Kratos and his Kart of Chaos!

4436030012_38e6dc196e.jpg

Pre-order from Amazon and race as Ratchet or Clank!

4435254807_d11214558e.jpg

Pre-order from Best Buy and score Nathan Drake and his Jungle Jeep!

On top of this, each pre-order gets an additional BONUS Mystery Mod and Kart package that include not just a special Mod and Kart, but additional accessories that you can use to make your own creations!

4435254513_e2598a68ef_m.jpg

4435254495_6f36b71f18_m.jpg

4436029042_7a1e2e542a_m.jpg

4436029004_5ab33c33ef_m.jpg

Four possibilities in total, and just like a vinyl figure you buy in stores, you won’t know which one you get until you download it and see for yourself. Wondering what they could be? We will reveal them soon enough! Just look for a future post right here on the Blog. :)

So there you go! Pre-order today and you might be racing with your favorite PlayStation character! To make sure you know which box to grab on May 25, here is a sneak peek at our packfront!

4435255885_367d1a4609.jpg

I want to pre-order this game but I want Nathan Drake and his Jungle Jeep I dont now who is doing it

Amazon UK (*Get a Ratchet and Clank Mod Pack when you pre-order this from Amazon.co.uk*) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-ModNation-Racers-PS3/dp/B003DNSQO8/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

Play.com ModNation (w/ UK Exclusive In Game Kratos Character Unlock Code) http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/10296367/ModNation/Product.html

I want to pre-order this game but I want Nathan Drake and his Jungle Jeep I dont now who is doing it

Amazon UK (*Get a Ratchet and Clank Mod Pack when you pre-order this from Amazon.co.uk*) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-ModNation-Racers-PS3/dp/B003DNSQO8/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

Play.com ModNation (w/ UK Exclusive In Game Kratos Character Unlock Code) http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/10296367/ModNation/Product.html

Could it hurt to read the entire quote?

Pre-order from Best Buy and score Nathan Drake and his Jungle Jeep!

We will get all the characters in the UK

Hi all,

Last week SCEA announced their Preorder plan as well as confirming their release date, while I told you that we are releasing the same week. Well I can finally reveal the European Preorder packs and over the coming weeks I will be able to let you know where you will be able to pick up each pack in your country.

So lets confirm the following:

* Yes we will have Kratos

* Yes we will have Drake

* Yes we will have Ratchet &Clank

No confirmation of which characters are available where though.

We have Best Buys in England?

6 are opening this spring across the UK. Pretty sure one is in London.

(bastards said I wasn't qualified to be a till jockey. Lying cunts.)

Oh wait, no;

Aintree, Liverpool

Hedge End, Southampton

Lakeside, Thurrock

Merry Hill, West Midlands

No idea why one is opening (3 miles) down the road from me and not London.