N-Europe

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Retro_Link

Well there we go everyone, we now know the next Wii game...Wii Anger management (Or frustration), obviously its a game where no one can beat the game, it just gets harder and harder to the point of impossible, and the vitality sensor will be in use just telling us how pissed off we are of the game.

That idea is tailor made for the Vitality Sensor!

GAME pre-order bonus :

smg2_image.jpg

Do not want. :shakehead

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is that Lost 'joke'?

Galaxy 2 takes place in an alternate reality where Mario and the Lumas never met

Meh, was this really necessary?

40+ galaxies

Is that about the same as Galaxy 1?

expect many throwbacks to classic Mario games once you hit the later stages

Sounds interesting

Bowser stages are similar to those in Super Mario 64

Excellent, I loved the Mario 64 Bowser levels.

GameInformer gave it 9.25/10:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 throws something new at you nearly every single level - and with over 240 stars to collect, that's no small feat.

Oh, and I was looking at SCG's check list for Super Mario Galaxy 2 just days after E3 (See page 7), and its interesting to see how many of his wishes came true (true are bolded).

1. Harder but not frustratingly hard.

2. Keep some of the comet stars, replace repeated ones with defeat "x" number of enemies or collect "x" amount of something.

3. More original levels yes, could have some similar but the more varied the better.

4. Do away with 1-ups... except Nintendo won't do that so I'll go with the make them harder to obtain but always make sure there is a respawning 1-up on the harder challenges.

5. Definitely, needs moar flying!

6. New hub? yes please, but I did think the way that the hub world was a rocket / home and the transformation bit was awesome, just that it was nowhere near as good as Peach's castle.

7. Spring Mario was probably the weakest of the power ups, replace with cape or something? seeing as Reggie said it'd have throwbacks to SMW.

8. Make fire-flower power ups last until you get hit, not timed, though I can see why it kinda needs to be timed for challenges but in which case the challenges could just be made harder, timed just means you need to keep going back collecting yet another fire-flower which is a chore.

9. Co-op! it could be so effing sweet if they somehow could incorporate co-op play.

10. A more original story... the way the story was told in SMG was beautiful but it hardly broke any new ground, something a bit different this time would be nice.

Edited by LostOverThere

I'm just glad it'll be a bit tougher - I admittedly didn't get all 120 stars last time as it was a tad bit of a chore - tougher star runs will probably make me more compelled into playing longer!

Got real high hopes for this - the first was probably my favourite game to be realised in the past 6 or 7 years, truly magical.

Don't think it'll be a mirror mode. Mirror modes rely on throwing you for a loop in levels/courses you know off by heart, and Galaxy isn't that kind of game...

Perhaps we'll see a Galaxy "Master Quest" of some description - remixed levels that are supposed to be harder (but like in Ocarina of Time's case, probably just more boring and less inspiring).

Perhaps we'll see a Galaxy "Master Quest" of some description - remixed levels that are supposed to be harder (but like in Ocarina of Time's case, probably just more boring and less inspiring).

If they're remixed, wouldn't that count as a bona-fide 120 new stars? :P

For both sheer laziness on my part, and to make this the ultimate package, I vote for stars 121 - 240 to be the courses from Galaxy 1 in their entirety.

Only half-joking. :grin:

Oh, and I was looking at SCG's check list for Super Mario Galaxy 2 just days after E3 (See page 7), and its interesting to see how many of his wishes came true (true are bolded).

Nintendo... actually... listened? to me? :blank:

What is the world coming to... :laughing:

But seriously, it's good to see that at least some of the things I listed did actually get changed for the better because they were things that not only myself but that others agreed needed changing so it's good that they've taken things on-board. :)