NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Found Luigi in one of the Galaxies. To be fair, i do like how Ninty have gone about using Luigi this time around. I wasn't too fond of his use in the original Galaxy.

Over the last week or so, I've decided to play this again, and get all of the green stars as I only picked up a couple of them after I beat the game back in June. Just got star 241. Took an age to do that. So not looking forward to 242. I mean, if I sit down long enough I'll probably get it eventually but I can see it being more frustrating than enjoyable.

And while I'm here, did anyone else notice that some of the Goombas looked misshapen? Some of them looked a bit more squat than they normally are. Just rather strange I thought.

Over the last week or so, I've decided to play this again, and get all of the green stars as I only picked up a couple of them after I beat the game back in June. Just got star 241. Took an age to do that. So not looking forward to 242. I mean, if I sit down long enough I'll probably get it eventually but I can see it being more frustrating than enjoyable.

And while I'm here, did anyone else notice that some of the Goombas looked misshapen? Some of them looked a bit more squat than they normally are. Just rather strange I thought.

From the sounds of it, i'm not looking forward to them stars either.

I have been doing a few comets, most of them appearing so far are those pesky "Prankster" comets. Some of them are easy(ish), and some are annoying. Only done about 6 or so comets so far.

Finally got star 242 today.

After getting the first 120, I got the first green star and then stopped. And I hadn't been back to it since. i was worried about it becoming too familiar so I figured a break would be good. But on Sunday, I started my pursuit in full of the greenies. To be honest, I had more trouble finding them than actually getting them. The last one on Shiverburn Galaxy being the most frustrating. Most were a decent triple jump and spin or using Cloud Mario to long jump into the middle of nowhere.

As for 241 & 242... Well, 241 wasn't that bad but 242 was by far the most tricky thing in the game but then the Star's name gives it away. Clearly they wanted to go out on a high note and they pulled it off to a tee but it does make you wish for a couple more that were both that challenging and ultimately rewarding.

I thought most of the green stars were kind of lame and far to easy, it quickly got tedious. However, all of that was made up for by star 242. I actually wish the rest of the game was like that.

I am one of the lads now:D

Now, how will *** thank me?

I've got some catching up to do. I have 60 stars on the first game.

Yeah, .....yeah you indeed got some catching up to do!

Just downloaded the OST as well, God they're good! ! !

I am one of the lads now:D

Now, how will *** thank me?

Congratulations! *smash bros narrator style*

You've officially graduated from the Super Mario Galaxy 2 School for Expert Platform Game Players!!

You aren't one the lads now my friend - you're one of the men :p

I'm only on 241. It's so degrading. :(

Same for me. Forgot to take the coin in my first run of the level and can't bother to to go back to grab it. The last section with the hammer bros is annoying as hell... I hate those guys and doing the part before again and again and again... to reach it is getting on my nerves. Beside the hammer part, I think I can quite easily do the level without getting hit.

Just went back to this game yesterday and went from about 140 stars to 241.

I realise now I will never be a real man unless I can finish Star 242, but damn. I completed "The Guy" level in Super Meat Boy the other day and it aint got shit on this for difficulty in my opinion.

Just went back to this game yesterday and went from about 140 stars to 241.

I realise now I will never be a real man unless I can finish Star 242, but damn. I completed "The Guy" level in Super Meat Boy the other day and it aint got shit on this for difficulty in my opinion.

I'm stuck on 241 as well. :nono:

I'm stuck on 241 as well. :nono:

It takes practice. You just need to get the rhythm going :)

I might try this if I get some spare time.

How many hours did it take you peeps?

Hmmmm, in hours I'd say about 3 or so, ....

I did it in short bursts over a week.

However, if you want to know the secret to getting star 242 check my post in the Forum Couple of the year thread.....

Anyone else hoping to see this game under the tree tomorrow? :)

I'd be gutted if it was below the tree tomorrow considering that I got it on release and fully completed it.. even if it is game of the year :grin:

I'm hoping for Donkey Kong Country Returns.. but the game below my tree could be pretty much anything ::shrug:

164 stars. Done all of the S-World green stars and I'm disappointed...from all I've heard getting green stars was supposed to be slightly difficult...maybe I just got lucky and picked the easy ones ::shrug:

The game is still great, though. :)

164 stars. Done all of the S-World green stars and I'm disappointed...from all I've heard getting green stars was supposed to be slightly difficult...maybe I just got lucky and picked the easy ones ::shrug:

The game is still great, though. :)

There are but a handful of green stars which are tough to get to say the least.

It's the final star that'll make you beg for Miyamoto and co. to be focusing on casual games again:bouncy:

It's the final star that'll make you beg for Miyamoto and co. to be focusing on casual games again:bouncy:

I'd rather remove several vertebrae, bend over backwards and eat my own arse than asking for casual games.

I'd rather remove several vertebrae, bend over backwards and eat my own arse than try to complete the final star.

FTFY :sad:

Well I'm 20 stars into this game since Xmas. Just opened up the third world and wow this game is pure gaming bliss thus far. Love how the galaxies are littered with hidden stars :) Music is fantastic as well, new ones just as catchy while it's still lovely to hum along to the familiar tunes! I think the Spaceship Mario has been implemented great and I prefer having this and the World Map than compared to the big overworld in Galaxy 1.