NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

I certainly wouldn't call 241 easy.com Took me half a dozen times.

Easy... dot com?

I did it on my first go. :awesome:

Course you did, I completed the whole game without dying :awesome:

Easy... dot com?

Sounds like text prediction from a mobile phone.

Course you did, I completed the whole game without dying :awesome:
LOL @ reckoning I'd lie about an accomplishment in a video game. :laughing:

Sounds like text prediction from a mobile phone.
Wii Internet Channel I reckon.

If you're not finding it challenging then yes, you should definitely continue.

Hm, maybe. I'll give it another go sometime. It just seems the game cannot hold my attention for longer than 10 minutes straight after I've beaten it.

Can't be bothered to play it. I have 70 stars. Not really challenging so far. ::shrug:

Should I continue?

Well 120 Stars is the standard completion rate for a 3D Mario. Depends whether you're enjoying it at all, but there's definitely a lot more challenge in the game.

As for Star 241, it is quite easy. I did the Hammer Bros part first time and thought "This is easy, it's just psychological. Don't be intimidated by them".

Then I couldn't do it for Star 242.

I found it much easier to jump long jump past every hammer brother, including the ones at the beginning of the last part. Of course that makes killing the final 3 boomerang brothers a lot harder with hammers needing to be dodged left right and centre!

Wii Internet Channel I reckon.

Correctomundo, sir. I did notice, but I decided against changing it, as it sounded nice and camp.com.

I'm on 115 at the moment, still early days compared to some of you! Think I should make it to 119 easy enough, but I know 120 is going to be a nightmare for me. I'm talking about the second crate burning galaxy, in world 5, absolutely ripping my hair out trying to do it!

I'm on 115 at the moment, still early days compared to some of you! Think I should make it to 119 easy enough, but I know 120 is going to be a nightmare for me. I'm talking about the second crate burning galaxy, in world 5, absolutely ripping my hair out trying to do it!

I didn't find that nearly as frustrating as the trash blasting stars in the original. You've got to train your mind that one fireball will rip straight through any crate in its way, and that a well placed one in between two will take both out.

I was the same until I read how to do it on GameFAQs. Honestly, spare yourself the frustration. It's almost impossible unless you know the secret technique:

Immediately destroy any that are easy (eg. one to the left, one to the right, maybe one vertically? I can't remember, but don't get stuck trying to do difficult angles). Then stand at the bottom and move from left to right, firing vertically.

The rubbish blasting one from the original Galaxy was hair-pullingly hard.

This was pretty piss easy I though, but Grazza is right, just start at the bottom and fire upwards, working from right to left. Aim in between two crates so you take out two columns with 1 shot.

I've been giving the Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 soundtracks an extensive listen and I feel Super Mario Galaxy 2's music just about has the edge for me. :) I think it builds upon Super Mario Galaxies already excellent soundtrack and makes it something greater even still. :)

The only problem occurs when you enter Gusty Gardens theme into the foray.

I really wish they'd stuck with that mix of Sky Station and Gusty Garden heard in the trailer, that was fantastic and would have been amazing in the former's galaxy.

How on earth do you get the second green star on the last Bowser level!?

Managed to get up to 120 today, and started on the green stars. That crate burning one took me about 40 minutes in the end, I just refused to give up until I got it finished, came frustratingly close so many times but eventually got it thank god. Time to get cracking on the green ones so!

502 deaths...ah well, I'm done at least.

How on earth do you get the second green star on the last Bowser level!?

You need to save at least 1 cloud from the previous part.

Just got star 38! Lol I am so far behind! Was on 20 odd this time yesterday so making fast progress through the game! Enjoying it so much, when mario galaxy 3 coming out?

EDIT:

Oh one thing whats to be gained by playing as Luigi when he offers? Or is it just a palette swap?

Just got star 38! Lol I am so far behind! Was on 20 odd this time yesterday so making fast progress through the game! Enjoying it so much, when mario galaxy 3 coming out?

EDIT:

Oh one thing whats to be gained by playing as Luigi when he offers? Or is it just a palette swap?

Well he's faster and can jump slightly higher, but he is harder to control (I find), so it depends on what you want to do really. I don't know if there is a specific advantage to using him when he pops up, like an unlockable or anything, but someone will probably know :)

Haven't really read the thread so I don't spoil it for myself, but anyways, I quite like Mario Galaxy 2. :3 I just wish I had more motivation to play; been more for computer games lately, and it just pulls my attention lately. I feel like I'm betraying it, bah. It is what it is, I s'pose.

I absolutely looooove being able to ride around on Yoshi. <3

I absolutely love the noises Yoshi makes, they are so very cute.

I'm very pleased they put back the sound effect of jumping on Yoshi's back from Mario World. It was annoyingly absent from Sunshine

One thing that bothers me: How come nothing happens when you beat Luigi's shadow after having played him in a level? Not even a recognition of that fact that you beat it. That seems kinda pointless to me.

Well...

I managed to get 240 stars last night. Few of the green stars were overly taxing, although a handful had me screaming at the screen (Boulder Bowl and Shiverburn spring to mind). So, star 241 - just how long is that level? I have got to the Hammer/Boomerang Bros section, but no further. After 2 and a half hours and countless lives, I gave up!

Well...

I managed to get 240 stars last night. Few of the green stars were overly taxing, although a handful had me screaming at the screen (Boulder Bowl and Shiverburn spring to mind). So, star 241 - just how long is that level? I have got to the Hammer/Boomerang Bros section, but no further. After 2 and a half hours and countless lives, I gave up!

That's the last part, killing the boomerang bros releases the star.

I'm going back through the worlds at the moment, picking up anything i've missed before moving on to the next galaxies.