N-Europe

Xpert Eleven Season 9

Mr_Odwin

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddy only beat me 1-0. And I had a goalkeeper playing upfront :P THAT is clearly the only reason I didn't get an equaliser.

And I guessed all the pools correctly. And I should be getting 5m from selling a player!... that I bought for 7m last season >_< He's a 7-rated 21 year old who refuses finish a game with a rating of anymore than 4. Oddy chose him as playmaker today and he wasn't even on the bench :P

Friday's game against Shorty is going to be important! On paper, our results against oddy put me at slight favourites, but I think I just had my tactics solid against odders. I really don't know how they'll be against shorty though.

Your tactics were spot on and mine were rubbish. I think I pushed through with good form and highly skilled players, but I could've easily scored no goals today.

I think playing my goalie as striker was where I could've done better :P Only right now I only have two strikers, so utilising one of my midfield all-rounders would've weakened the defense... we had two chances each, so I'm kicking myself a little at that, But I don't really think there was much I could've done. The 3m I got for the striker I sold might be nice this time thursday (two slightly better players may join my squad, but probably I'll get one if I'm lucky), but the striker himself would've given me at least more than the 4-skill my keeper-striker offered.

No doubt the next time we meet I won't be so lucky. This happened last season - a narrow loss at the start, then a thumping at the end.

I've only won 4 games in the last 27! Arg!

*Looks at his new team.*

Blimey, they are a bit crap, aren't they.

*Becomes supporter.*

I inherited them from some shmuck who obviously had been taken drugs when he should have been coaching.

I will check your team out to.

Your defense had a fantastic match, though. Your league has two, maybe three strong competitors. No doubt you can put up a good fight against the rest. Oddy said before that our n-e league is rated something like 304 - the league i'm in is rated 920 (roughly).

I'm going to try for promotion in my league this season but i think the competitiveness really increases with every promotion this time around. league 8 is full of drop-outs and people who haven't a clue what they're doing!

Mcoy is starting to think that this game is just random and based off player skill.

Mcoy had 4 yellow cards, a red card, a player injury and a goal dissalowed and 4 goals scored against him (2 last minute) even though Mcoys tactics were pretty similiar.

Mcoy will keep his head high and charge into the next game, Mcoy knows he can't be relegated :)

Edited by Brian Mcoy

Jesus the Villan your team is fucking sick how did you get such a good sqaud?

From a post a few pages back:

They were in Division 7 when I took over and were awful even for that league, I ended up getting relegated the same time I fell down to the Lower League here.

That gave me a kick up the arse and I rebuilt Walmley's squad. I created a team that have climbed up the Golden League ladder and, after three promotions in four seasons, are now in Division 5.

As you can imagine: Brilliant change reports, prize money from promotion and bonuses, couple of youths sold hither and thither. It's all been excellent.

Your defense had a fantastic match, though. Your league has two, maybe three strong competitors. No doubt you can put up a good fight against the rest. Oddy said before that our n-e league is rated something like 304 - the league i'm in is rated 920 (roughly).

Our league is rated 378. That is mint.

But I'm in three other leagues. My official team - the team Haden said is 'fucking sick' - is in the X11 Golden League, which is ranked in the top 600. So lower than N-E's league.

But I'm in two other private leagues which are ranked somewhere in the top 30.

Edited by Roostophe
Automerged Doublepost

One of my supporting cast came through today. a 6 rated forward that I regret bidding for is set to join me by thursday but I think I've arranged my squad/tactics for my game with shorty.

Only really two tactics I'm not sure about, that I'll probably change every 4 hours.

One of my supporting cast came through today. a 6 rated forward that I regret bidding for is set to join me by thursday but I think I've arranged my squad/tactics for my game with shorty.

Only really two tactics I'm not sure about, that I'll probably change every 4 hours.

Why did u sell a 22 year old 7 rated mf and buy a 26 rated 7 mf? You did get a mil I think after it all worked out.

the old midfielder never played a game rated more than 4. seriously. had him for ages. Ok, think he had one amazing game - but he has that skill of being 'moody' and was utterly unpredictable.

This season I'm trying to install a rotation system that Oddy had mentioned at the end of last season, and I am no doubt not doing it the smartest way, but I'm giving myself a couple of seasons to get it together. That extra million I earned is going towards a 6-skill... 22 forward? Not utterly amazing but decent enough for a placeholder, and together getting these two players is well worth the guy I sold.

the old midfielder never played a game rated more than 4. seriously. had him for ages. Ok, think he had one amazing game - but he has that skill of being 'moody' and was utterly unpredictable.

This season I'm trying to install a rotation system that Oddy had mentioned at the end of last season, and I am no doubt not doing it the smartest way, but I'm giving myself a couple of seasons to get it together. That extra million I earned is going towards a 6-skill... 22 forward? Not utterly amazing but decent enough for a placeholder, and together getting these two players is well worth the guy I sold.

Employee my youth scout if you want those sort of results!

Actually don't hands off lol

I played my backup keeper today who's a skill 4... He played a 1. Awful. At least his form is high and he's now up to 58% experience after 1 game. Hopefully I'll only need to play him once more to get it to 100% then need to keep him high form.

Yes EEVIL you lost because one of your players wasn't playing ;)

You are most insightful bitch.

Face it. I own you bitch. Not sit down and be quiet. Good boy.

Fuck no. When my main men are back on form we'll proper penetrate yo' ass. And not in the good way you're used to.