N-Europe

Xpert Eleven Season 9

Mr_Odwin

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It tells you in the lobby. Click on the VIP logo in the Xpert Profile box there and it will tell you what you get.

3 months costs 8 EUR [6.89251 GBP]

6 months costs 14 EUR [12.0632 GBP]

12 months costs 24 EUR [20.6797 GBP]

Well. They can fuck right off.

Mcoy happily settles with a 0 - 0 draw after his first return match.

Mcoy's team is nothing like it was before but Mcoy is sure he'll learn how to play with these new players. Mcoy thinks he was a tad unlucky to not score a goal in the last game however Mcoy will gather his men and take another shot next game.

Mcoy has not really spent any money however Mcoy thinks he has some good players to go with, all Mcoy has to do is remember how to play the game properly :)

In the lowest of our leagues I reckon an 18 4 forward with goal instinct could be a first team player and then be mega awesome in the future too.

I could have mega done with those fundz. I'm literally always skint.

There's not much point hoarding econ unless you're saving for a mega player. It doesn't gain interest - you'd be better developing a player than just saving it. I'm always skint too.

I can't remember if I said; I've got a second team, in the VIP league. Just got a 25 year old keeper with 7 skill for less than a million! The rest of the players in my league don't seem to set tactics, so I think I understand when oddy says our league is good because it really is. We're all tactician extraordinaires! I'm really hoping to win the league i'm going into...

So you've joined the realm of the Xpert Leagues? Well done, sir. :smile:

Oddy & I also manage teams in these leagues. My team is in the Golden League, it's called A.F.C. Walmley. Some of my press releases for this team made the Xpert Daily newspaper-type thing.

Starting in the bottom division is the best way to start a team up IMO. It's the most comfortable way of building a team and getting some players with not much skill but potential for a higher skill in the future, as well as getting some youngsters in some games without worrying about it affecting your team too much.

I needed to start my team in Division 8. They were in Division 7 when I took over and were awful even for that league, I ended up getting relegated the same time I fell down to the Lower League here.

That gave me a kick up the arse and I rebuilt Walmley's squad. I created a team that have climbed up the Golden League ladder and, after three promotions in four seasons, are now in Division 5.

very impressive! I'm in the 8th division of the Final League. I'm fairly confident that despite there being 2 matches played already, I can get my team promoted. There seems to be maybe one or two other teams who seem to know what they're doing. I imagine the difficulty racks up quickly as you get promoted, facing other teams who have been promoted and so on. My next game is against the team currently in 2nd in my league, and I'm confident I'll thrash them! Will find out at about 8pm tomorrow!

I see you're supporting me now! Nice, I'll return the favour and keep an eye on your team too :) your walmsley squad is utterly inspiring - though I think your defense and midfield are fragile if too many people leave in teh same season. It's sickening to see people with 13+ skilled 26 year olds. I imagine that as your team gets better, so do your youth...

I think Haden's applied to get an x11-league team, too. Well worth it. Now I only wish I had some group of friends to develop my own league with! That way I'd definitely buy VIP.

You have to be wise when it comes to fielding youth. Because I was aiming for promotion last season, I was always fielding my strongest side. That meant I didn't want to risk fielding two of my young strikers (the third one I want to sell, but I just can't get shot of the bugger.)

Luckily, though, my two main strikers were getting injuries in the matches so they ended up making a few sub appearances and gaining the much needed match experience, thus getting their skill up come the change report.

But I think the overall strength of your team determines the skill your youth talents will have. I reckon the proper big teams in the top divisions get really good youth players who they sell for a lot of money, then buy older players with a heck of a lot of skill with that money. Or they'll keep the youth player and he'll be just as good as the rest of squad come a few seasons' time.

I agree! My n-e team is one that, I think, will be much stronger in two seasons time. Even over the last two seasons the average strength has vastly improved. Last season I think I was severely wrong with my tactics far too often, but this season I think there's been a massive change - I think the weaker teams have improved more than the stronger teams, so the gap between dyson, you, happenstance, haden and teams like me, gaggle, ReZ and even shorty has dwindled. Oddy is still the 90's Man U; the big scalp, that we all want to beat. Having three leagues this season - with two of the leagues full of competant and attentitative managers means we'll have more good teams and a lot less easy games.

I'm keen to see how the lowest league fares. I think next season, once we've had some bigger names relegated, will get that league going. At the moment we have noodle and Mcoy as the big names wanting to stake a claim down there, and we always have that guarentee that certain managers will just forget to play and let their teams dwindle. Plus, we'll have moogle returning, no doubt eager to make his impression too.

Haden was saying to me earlier that x11 is getting stressful, but I think it's just getting better and better! I love the thing. I'm planning to stay up late tonight, and if it hits 6am then I'll no doubt have to stay up 'til 12:30pm to catch the results (me losing to you, no doubt :P) before I hit the hay.

Managing two teams eases the stress of the n-e league a little, by promising a bit more reward. I love x11, and I'll probably get a VIP account once I know I can afford it!

I'm in the public league as well - I'm Pikic FC in the classic league. I've added j7 and villan to my favourite teams.

I started in league 8:xx then was promoted, promoted and now I've been in league 6:xx for a couple of seasons. They keep putting me with really tough opponents. I don't think I'll get promoted this season either. Last night I beat someone 7-0 in the cup (10-0 on aggregate). That was amusing.

In the public leagues I think the best tactic is to get out of the cup early (just play all your youth so they get all their experience) as you're never going to win it. Once you're out of the cup you have one match a week. Put about a 200k win bonus on every week and use the rest of your econ to train anyone that is under a form of 16 (yeah, 16!). Training will kick in before your next match, and the high form will mean you beat your opponents easier. Then at the change report your team will get something ridiculous like +14. Double jumps from 18 4s to 19 6s should be hoped for. I have a 20 year old 9 in my squad. That just makes me laugh.