NEurope
Daft

PSP Go

Shiii, I might actually put Choze on my ignore list. If all the regular members who post in this thread did that then... lol.

I would like that given your holier than art thou fanboy attitude. Would save us the hassle of an idiot who only likes xbox but trolls in a portable topic.

I'm seriously considering it....

Anyway just been looking on websites to check the RRP for PSP games and they all say £29.99 so it beggars belief where all these stores are getting away with selling PSP games for £34.99...

Just accept it Choze there is no way Sony can justify charging prices such as £31.99 on PSN for games...when they can bought cheaper in stores and soooooooooo much cheaper through online retailers.

Sony arent charging £31.99 for any psp game. But i guess you are now blind right?

Oh and Soul Calibur costs less than £24.99 on the PSN store. Thats less than GAME who have over 50% of the UK game sales market. Even Namco arent like EA.

I can see some of you cant handle facts much like Daft.

Edited by Choze

Yeah cool Choze... after that last comment I'll add you to my ignore list. Wanting to be valued as a consumer isn't being a fanboy. I'd have to surely be championing something to be a fanboy: and I don't champion anything that I own. They all have their flaws, limitations and drawbacks. Simple as. My one last piece of advice to you Choze: You're a bitch.

Oh wait, that wasn't advice... oh well.

Sony arent charging £31.99 for any psp game. But i guess you are now blind right?

Oh and Soul Calibur costs less than £24.99 on the PSN store. Thats less than GAME who have over 50% of the UK game sales market. Even Namco arent like EA.

I can see some of you cant handle facts much like Daft.

Well lucky for you...I've not quite got round to clicking it...

Sony get a cut of the money and I think you'll find it is sony that dictate prices on PSN as much as EA will have done...There's been loads in the press recently about Sony saying pricing would keep parity with UMD so its clear that they have a definite say in the price points of games...

Talking of facts see you chose to ignore my facts that no stores sell PSP games for £34.99 regular!

Yeah cool Choze... after that last comment I'll add you to my ignore list. Wanting to be valued as a consumer isn't being a fanboy. I'd have to surely be championing something to be a fanboy: and I don't champion anything that I own. They all have their flaws, limitations and drawbacks. Simple as. My one last piece of advice to you Choze: You're a bitch.

Oh wait, that wasn't advice... oh well.

As i said with the holier than art thou attitude you are better off just keeping quiet. Its funny hearing about a diehard MS fanatic talking about consumer value on something optional. How about you shove those accessories and your Live subscription up yourself.

Silent night, holy night

All is calm, all is bright

Seriously, it's amazing isn't it? Like we have returned to normal service.

Seriously, it's amazing isn't it? Like we have returned to normal service.

Yup! All really is calm and I can now post free knowing I won't be told I'm "wrong"

So yeah!

Anyone had a hands on with the PSP Go? I did and I'm very impressed. (Lets forget about the pricing for now.)

He managed to earn himself a mention on Wikipedia though to be fair:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_(person)#Fanboy.2Ffangirl

That is amazing.

What a tool.

As i said with the holier than art thou attitude you are better off just keeping quiet. Its funny hearing about a diehard MS fanatic talking about consumer value on something optional. How about you shove those accessories and your Live subscription up yourself.

You've said to me you don't care about this topic anymore, and indicated you intend to now just insult others, so surely you won't mind being banned from it.

Bye :)

So yeah!

Anyone had a hands on with the PSP Go? I did and I'm very impressed. (Lets forget about the pricing for now.)

So yeah...

wouldn't surprise me if he put them in himself...

So yeah!

I havn't but would like to...I love the look of the console much more than the other PSP models. I honestly do think in the future I will pick one up however it does come down to the pricing (sorry to bring it back up) both for the console itself and for games on PSN. A few months back I would have probably bought one without a second thought about it, but such is the way now my finances are in no state to be considering it...

On another note anyone picked up any minis? I got Tetris its the usual fair you would expect, considering picking up Alien Havoc as well. I just hope it doesn't peter out and offers more than the lackluster DSiware does.

I personally haven't. Can't wait to get my hands on it (well I can but shhh) as I always like to try out new handhelds. Remember being very excited when I got the DS when it came out, something about portable game systems give me a buzz in a way.

Though I'm not a great fan of any of them. Most games are smaller brothers to console games in pretty much every aspect. Plus gaming isn't exactly an activity I'd properly associate with something you'd do when you're on the move.

I personally haven't. Can't wait to get my hands on it (well I can but shhh) as I always like to try out new handhelds. Remember being very excited when I got the DS when it came out, something about portable game systems give me a buzz in a way.

Though I'm not a great fan of any of them. Most games are smaller brothers to console games in pretty much every aspect. Plus gaming isn't exactly an activity I'd properly associate with something you'd do when you're on the move.

I'm kinda the same...So little of my gaming is on the move due to lack of any of sort of compute and never being too far from home. I play my DS more due to the difference it experience the touchscreen can offer. I take it to work but never get round to playing it except for the odd time when I am running IT club and none of the students need any support. I often only play my PSP at home which kinda negates its portability in many ways although means I've never really had a problem with the relatively short battery life.

I'm almost afraid to actually give it a spin though... I know that sounds stupid. But this Christmas I have the following options: buy a PS3 and CoD 4.2 (or whatever it is), buy XBox Live and CoD or buy a PSP Go. I really, really want a PS3 and/or PSP Go. But if I buy one of those then I can't afford a PS3, which I also really want.

At first I wasn't impressed with the PSP Go, in terms of aesthetics... but seeing how small it is... Damn it's nice. I wish Sony would put out a PSP Go and PS3 bundle... I'd hit that up at Xmas.

EDIT: In terms of gaming on the move, etc. I find myself playing more games, on the DS or iPhone than on my XBox, Wii or PC. It's just convenient, it's bite-size and fits around my life. Although at times it does turn into 3 hours matches of Worms before bed. *shakes fist at iPhone*

@Flamey: Yeah. They obviously do provide a lot of fun though. Even if the experiences are lesser, we would've missed out on a lot of stuff simply because people didn't think they were worth releasing on consoles or because they thought the graphics and gameplay wouldn't hold up.

Some of this adds to the charm of handheld games, although it's more than charm isn't it? Take Mario Kart DS for instance, that game is probably the best of the series, in a way though a lot of that (for me personally) is down to it being cool because it's on a portable. With the retro-like graphics which are nice because they are surprisingly good but dated at the same time, it's hard not to like it. Plus the presentation etc make it seem like it's retro even though it isn't trying to be.

I'm not knocking the game in any way, it's awesome, I'm just crediting a large chunk of it's awesomeness down to the 'charm'. If you spruce it up with shiny effects and make it look dandy, it loses that innocence in a way and that's when you end up with MK Wii. Should be better, but isn't, even though it is on a console. Indeed other factors come into play when comparing those games, like the handling being better/simpler in MK: DS but hopefully one of you will understand me.

I'm not just applying this to MK. The Echochrono (or whatever they've called it now) on PSP wouldn't be 'cool' on a console. Likewise Motorstorm: Arctic Edge on PSP would be shit on the console, but with the edges roughened and put on a screen between your hands, it's nice to sit down, appreciate those moving images you're controlling before your eyes and be quietly content with the impressive amount of content crammed into that little UMD.

Edited by dwarf

3 hours battery life.

That's pretty tragic.

I've read it exactly the same as the 3000...

Its one thing buying from online stores such as Play.com who operate in tax-free havens and are online compared to the highstreet.

Buying from online is tax free?

Hahaha classic.

You've said to me you don't care about this topic anymore, and indicated you intend to now just insult others, so surely you won't mind being banned from it.

Bye :)

Epic pwnage.

Having been using mine for much of the weekend I'm very impressed with it. Really good quality machine, a pleasure to use for extended periods of time or short bursts. I can see myself buying a fair few games for it over the coming months, all in all it's pretty much exactly what I want from a handheld console.

The minis version of Tetris is great, I'd recommend it to anyone. That and GT are working out very well for me.

Having not had a PSP for a good few years I'm a bit behind on the best games for it, are there any decent 2D platformers I can get on it?

Having been using mine for much of the weekend I'm very impressed with it. Really good quality machine' date=' a pleasure to use for extended periods of time or short bursts. I can see myself buying a fair few games for it over the coming months, all in all it's pretty much exactly what I want from a handheld console.

The minis version of Tetris is great, I'd recommend it to anyone. That and GT are working out very well for me.

Having not had a PSP for a good few years I'm a bit behind on the best games for it, are there any decent 2D platformers I can get on it?[/quote']

Not technically a 2D platformer but Crush is awesome, its what Super Paper Mario wishes it was in terms of 2D->3D splicing etc...

I should really have known that one!! I'll have to see if I can get a code for it via work somehow :)