NEurope
Daft

PSP Go

Excluding almost every IGN editor. If someone buys it for £250 they are unlikely to say it's rubbish.

Its £199 with free games.

Still a lot for a half-baked hand-held.

Shi, I just realised you're Choze, I take that back. I don't want to break your fragile world.

It's not half baked. However it is f*cking expensive. At £150 they would have nailed it.

It's not half baked. However it is f*cking expensive. At £150 they would have nailed it.

Thats PSP 3000 territory. Their main PSP.

That seems so odd to me. They have split their very small market in half... really odd.

Sorry. It's a lot for a fully baked and yummy hand-held.

They haven't split it in half at all. Everything released for the PSP Go can be played on the usual PSP. All new PSP games will be downloadable as well and I'd be surprised if they don't add more of the back catalogue. Ultimately the only difference is that the PSP Go can't play UMDs which isn't a problem at all if you are willing to pay for it. If anything they are giving potential customers another option.

The pricing of the console is still way too high and the downloadable game price's are too rigid (No matter what Choze bumbles on about). The handheld itself is faultless. Had a go on it today and I loved its feel instantly. Something I never got with the normal PSP. The fault is in the pricing.

Also, battery life should be much better.

I wasn't talking about splitting the market for existing customers; I'm talking about potential customers. We now have two PSPs sitting on the shelf, both still being supported by Sony and have wildly different delivery systems. With retail obviously wanting one to sell more than the other Sony are going to be in a silly position either way.

I'm just saying I don't think they're that different. The Go just doesn't do UMDs. It does downloads like the iPod. Ever since the iPod and iTunes and now especially with games on the iPhone potential customers will be a lot more aware of this deliver method.

I wasn't talking about splitting the market for existing customers; I'm talking about potential customers. We now have two PSPs sitting on the shelf, both still being supported by Sony and have wildly different delivery systems. With retail obviously wanting one to sell more than the other Sony are going to be in a silly position either way.

The market isnt split. Same games on both.

Thank god you cleared that up. Wesley now knows the answer to his question. He didn't understand that the same games were available on both systems. You've not missed the point he made at all and have given him the information he required.

Thank god you cleared that up. Wesley now knows the answer to his question. He didn't understand that the same games were available on both systems. You've not missed the point he made at all and have given him the information he required.

There really isnt much to it. Bear in mind stores are also selling PSN cards now.

P1020542.jpg

I didnt know that PSP Go is near the same size of GB Micro.

Looks nice in white.

wtykih.jpg

25f2544.jpg

16m2fdw.jpg

2ex3ri9.jpg

That comparison is pretty impressive though I would buy the Go if they got the prices right.

Edited by Sooj

wtykih.jpg

I just can't help but see that Cartman thing someone posted a while back. I just can't unsee it.

504x_ss_preview_PSP_GO_000.bmp.jpg_02.jpg

I didnt know that PSP Go is near the same size of GB Micro.

If you can, get your hands on a demo. They had a guy showing people when I went into HMV. It is tiny.

The new features make it really good value for money. You now have a save state that you can always refer back to. Use the xmb watch vids etc and then go back to the game where you left off. Bluetooth also works with Dual shock including for multiplayer games(ps1 etc.) Seems well worth it. The protability will also help. Saves the hassle of carrying a UMD collection on the go. Using PSN cards means prices cheaper than advertised etc.

Gonna get it with the 4 games deal at £199, question is white or black?

Choze, who are you talking to? No one apart from you thinks it's good value for money and you're not going to convince anyone but yourself. I don't just mean on the boards as well. Absolutely no one thinks it is good value for money.

Edited by Daft

I was thinking the reason for the high price could be so that retailers have a higher profit margin than the 3000, thus having an actual reason to order and stock them. At any rate,. i want one! But i think im gonna wait a while. I dont even have enough time to play my PS3 like i want, much less a handheld

Choze, who are you talking to? No one apart from you thinks it's good value for money and you're not going to convince anyone but yourself. I don't just mean on the boards as well.

I am just giving my reasons for getting one. You dont have to agree with it.

Absolutely no one thinks it is good value for money.

You dont have to keep thinking others think the way you do.

Afterall I brought a PS3 and games like Uncharted before many people. I think i make good decisions for myself. :D

Loving GT PSP on my PSP 2000 anyway. So i am not rushed or anything but PSP Go is a nice bit of kit. Will get one at some point. I think its also alot about the software. Alot of good games lately anyway.

Edited by Choze

I couldn't give a rats arse about how other people think. I care about simple hard logic. If people aren't irrational, they'll see it's a duff buy at this price.

I don't dispute I'll get a Go. I want one. As a machine I love it. As an almost vertically integrated business model, I f*cking hate it and so should consumers in general.

I couldn't give a rats arse about how other people think. I care about simple hard logic. If people aren't irrational, they'll see it's a duff buy at this price.

I don't dispute I'll get a Go. I want one. As a machine I love it. As an almost vertically integrated business model, I f*cking hate it and so should consumers in general.

Oh please. Nothing logical about what you just said. If anything its just another irrational person on the internet.

Oh please. Nothing logical about what you just said. If anything its just another irrational person on the internet.

You're a fucking idiot.

Welcome to my ignore list. Population one. You.

You're a fucking idiot.

Welcome to my ignore list. Population one. You.

Good. Saves you form overreacting to my posts. I can imagine you imploding at your keyboard.