NEurope
Daft

PSP Go

God you guys do love to bicker...One things for sure Sony really need to sort out the pricing ready for PSP launch, prices are all over the place and are on the most part far to expensive when compared to their UMD counterparts...

I mean Need for Speed Shift is £31.99!!!!! That's £2 more than the RRP for the UMD version and about £6 more than most online retailers are shifting it for...I got the PS3 version for just £2 more!!!!

God you guys do love to bicker...One things for sure Sony really need to sort out the pricing ready for PSP launch, prices are all over the place and are on the most part far to expensive when compared to their UMD counterparts...

I mean Need for Speed Shift is £31.99!!!!! That's £2 more than the RRP for the UMD version and about £6 more than most online retailers are shifting it for...I got the PS3 version for just £2 more!!!!

Thats nothing Ubisoft did a game for £40

Guess what im just looking out for yall just tryna help but in the future when it comes out if you want a built in camera it will be $40.00 to get one built in just tryna help/let yall know.

I recently bought a second hand PSP 1000 series and it's fine for me right now.

The PSP Go! looks nice but it's not for me regardless of the price which I'm sure will go down on some online websites in time but since I don't have regular internet access UMD's are ok for me. I'm not a big fan of the ergonomics of the PSP GO! either and if I played that thing I'm sure my thumbs would suffer.

As many people have mentioned before the PSP Go! isn't replacing the PSP 3000 but it's more for people as Sony say who lead a more digital lifestyle.

I'll be picking this up first day, I've decided. I don't play handheld games that much but I do use PSN a lot so I'd probably only get it to play the big PSP games and I've lost so many GBC/GBA/DS games that this makes sense.

Also, the new Comic Store coming to PSN is a massive reason.

Plus, free Gran Turismo.

Whens the comic store out is it 1st October along with Mini's or is it something thats coming later...

I think they said middle to late November.

I was sceptical at first but the autoflow thing looks excellent.

I think they said middle to late November.

I was sceptical at first but the autoflow thing looks excellent.

Yeah I'm really interested in it...namely because I don't have the space or the inclination to get comics...but I love the comicbook cartoons, films and games...

What does everyone reckon, black or white PSP Go?

I'm thinking I'll go with the black.

Just ordered a glittery white PSP-3000, the final fantasy dissidia pack. I just can't justify buying a PSP Go, when all the games will be at a fixed price, when it does noting a PSP 3K doesnt do if you shove in a big memory stick.

I think the Go would work better if it was a PSP 2 proper, least then people have a reason to buy it.

I think KKOB you've probably made a wise decision you can pick up tons of uber cheap UMD games and there are some classics that you can get for less than a tenner whilst new PSP Go owners are going to have to pay the premium prices that PSN will bring about....

I think KKOB you've probably made a wise decision you can pick up tons of uber cheap UMD games and there are some classics that you can get for less than a tenner whilst new PSP Go owners are going to have to pay the premium prices that PSN will bring about....

Indeedy. The 3K i just got is to replace my 1K so already have lots of games to play when it comes :D :P

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25394

In a move geared at encouraging PSP owners to trade up for the upcoming PSPgo, Sony will offer three free games from a list of 17 popular titles to users who upgrade.

The PSPgo eliminates the disc-based UMD model in favor of a download-only solution, although Sony has stated plans to support both disc and digital formats for all its PSP games going forward.

However, the issue of how to address current PSP owners who want to buy a PSPgo but have already invested in a library of discs has remained a question mark ahead of the handheld's October launch.

PSPgo purchasers who log into PlayStation Network with their old model can receive an email voucher for the free games, to be used with their new PSPgo. The promotion period will last from October 1 through March 2010, and any user who owns a prior-gen PSP and at leas one UMD disc can participate, so long as they register their PSPgo within the alloted period.

The voucher program has only been announced thus far for the UK, but it's likely Sony will implement a similar initiative for other regions. According to UK news site Eurogamer, the full list of titles from which users can choose three free downloads is as follows:

Buzz!: Brain Bender

Buzz!: Master Quiz

Daxter

Echochrome

Everybody's Golf PSP

Killzone: Liberation

Lemmings PSP

LocoRoco

MediEvil

Patapon

Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice

Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters

Resistance: Retribution

SOCOM: US Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror

Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow

WipEout

So for those people who still holding out hope that there would be some kind of full UMD trade in afraid not...to be honest its a good range of games and to be able pick 3 from there wouldn't be to bad there are decent titles, annoying to see 2 games from each of the Buzz and Syphon Filter series...

I personally think this also continues a worrying trend that not all UMD PSP games will be making it to PSN if they are offering such a limited range.

Kotaku.com -

Playstation Portable owners will not be able to transfer the disc-based UMD games they own to a PSPgo when the sleek new digital-only system launches next week, Sony officials told Kotaku today.

"We were evaluating a UMD conversion program, but due to legal and technical reasons we will not be offering the program at this time," a Sony Computer Entertainment of America spokesman told Kotaku.

The $250 PSPgo has no UMD drive, instead relying fully on an Internet connection to purchase, download and install games onto the system's harddrive or removable memory.

At this year's E3 Expo in Los Angeles, Sony Computer Entertainment officials said that they hoped to have a plan in place to allow UMD games to be transferred over to the PSPgo by the launch of the system.

"We are looking into programs for owners who have previously purchased UMD titles and want to exchange them for digital versions," Sony Computer Entertainment's Brian Keltner told Kotaku at the time. "It's something we are still hammering out the details. As soon as we have solid plans in place we will make an announcement."

One of the rumored plans involved Sony installing kiosks in retail stores which would allow gamers to turn their UMD games into digital ones. Recently a Dutch and Australian retailer said they would not be carrying the PSPgo.

While the ability to transfer already owned copies of UMD games to the PSPgo could likely have a large impact on whether current Playstation Portable owners would buy the system, it's unlikely it would impact gamers new to Sony's portable offerings.

During the Tokyo Game Show Sony unveiled new peripherals for the PSPgo, dropped the price of the Playstation Portable in Japan and announced the launch of a program that would free games to people in Europe who upgrade from the PSP to the PSPgo.

As I've said before people who really tought Sony were going to offer any kind of UMD trade system were always going to be in for a rude awakening...the 3 free downloads for those in the UK that I posted about above is as good as its likely to get.

I actually think this is a fairly decent offering from Sony. It would have been a nightmare trying to allow people to get every game they own onto the PSP Go.

I'm waiting for Choze to come in and put a positive spin on this...

I'll do the honours.

*Clears throat*

£225 is a good price. much better tha the dsi nintendo is the real ripoff. Te pspgo is alot nicer than the 3000. Better screen, bluetooth for leeching mobile phone internet, PS3 accessories, ingame xmb, 16GB storage, tiny size etc. ;)

plus on top of the three FREE games you get when you upgrade you get GTpsp FREE which is the best racer on handheld. :awesome:

also Apple are ripoffs. ipods don't that expensive to make but they charge much more. Sony have to pay more because they don't get parts as cheap as apple either. Its actually really cheap the price. ;)

If you are going to argue overpriced hardly anything in the world is as bad as the Wii or DS. Its easy to focus on the price but you get alot more. The top PSP games look nicer than the top Wii games for just one perspective.

Hastening to add that the new PSP has better resolution than cinemas, most cinemas don't even display HD ;)

The PSP has the next next generation of HD. It's called 'TrueD'. TD will be standard for all Sony products and will be better than everything and Apple and Nintendo.

STDs are the future.

I know, because Choze told me.

Sony Details PSP Go DLC Launch Stats

Over 16,000 pieces of digital content will be available on the PlayStation Store when Go hits retail.

With the PSP Go's October 1 release only a few days away, Sony naturally has all their launch plans finalized and coordinated, and they've shared a sizeable array of data with IGN (via VG247). According to their official tally, the PSP Go will hit retail shelves with 16,000 pieces of digital content available on the PlayStation Store, ranging from new games to old games to movies to TV shows.

This tally breaks down to 2,300 movies, 13,300 episodes of various television series, and, most importantly, 225 games -- which includes full PSP titles (such as new offerings like Gran Turismo and Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny), UMD legacy titles, PSN exclusives, and Minis. For all you bright mental-math folks out there, yes, that technically adds up to 15,825 pieces of digital content. But that's still a pretty impressive amount of variety on offer, so we'll let the remaining 175 promised items slide.

And for those unable to (or simply uncomfortable with) using a credit card online, Sony is also releasing voucher cards (pictured) in stores to purchase download codes for certain PSP Go games.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176249

225 seems a relatively low number of psp games when you take into account it includes both PSN games and Minis sounds like they've come up short in UMD legacy titles if you ask me.